Pats Injury Thread

Good article at Pats Pulpit regarding White's ability as a RB.

Not sure if the videos will embed.
Nice article. Videos worked fine for me.

I really liked White early on, and still think he is great out of the backfield, but he falls down at the slightest contact. What I don't like is watching him run between the tackles. (This is JMD's fault not his.)

Good article at Pats Pulpit regarding White's ability as a RB.

Not sure if the videos will embed.

Something to keep in mind with RBs (and any position, really) is that many times, a player doesnt really shine until they get put into a workhorse role where they get a ton of practice and game reps and get comfortable playing the position. It's hard to get comfortable and develop as a runner when you only run twice every three series...

If my memory serves correctly, BJGE, Ridley, etc (especially Ridley) didn't shine until they got put into the starting role. Ridley before his ACL injury was a superstar running back by our offense's standards, and still a great back by league standards.

If White sees significant time, he might end up being a quality running back.

From http://insidethepylon.com/

Inside The Pylon noticed that Guge asks his offensive tackles to play with a narrower stance than what Scarnecchia asked, and also had the players operate with their weight leaning forward. While this technique sometimes works with shorter tackles to help engage with pass rushers, it throws taller linemen (like Nate Solder and Sebastian Vollmer) off balance and leaves them susceptible to change-of-direction rushes.

The rest of the offensive line suffered from similar issues as they rose in their stances prior to engaging with the defender. While the Patriots did a good job blocking against stunts, they really struggled to win their one-on-one battles.

Thanks.
I watched a bit of the bears game last nite and cannon looked like a different guy.. he also looked healthier.

Back