Pats Injury Thread

PatsFanLisa

No filter
Reaction score
Vollmer headed to IR.

Dion Lewis needs second surgery on ACL.

Shaq Mason broke hand.

The one person that I wanted to see cut was Marcus Cannon because he sucked so bad last season and nearly got Brady killed on more than one occasion. That's not happening now.

The one person that I wanted to see cut was Marcus Cannon because he sucked so bad last season and nearly got Brady killed on more than one occasion. That's not happening now.

Maybe Scar can perform some kind of "Horse Whisperer" thing on him. :shrug_n:

Yeah, the "whisper" is "Cannon! Hit the pine! Waddle! You're up!"

Fvck all over this news!

Mother fvcker! Ruin a beautiful day!

Fvck!

The first thing I thought of was that we were all screaming for an OT in the draft and we absolutely could have drafted somebody that could have helped.

I realize that the Pats do not draft for need and the long-term of that philosophy can't be criticized, but sometimes you need to address a need and the Pats did not do that.

You can find running backs or WRs any old time you want, but you can't find decent OTs. Fact.

We are in trouble already at that position and the season has not even begun. Gotta bring in a veteran when the cuts come in. Somebody that has a decent year or two left in him.

We just can't sit on Marcus Cannon at RT and expect that will work out because Dante is back. His playing the whole season there and doing well is not even slightly possible.

We are screwed at RB. We have some nice JAGs and that is it. We should have drafted a stud.

We're doomed.

Anyone know when tc starts next summer?

Seriously, this roster is stacked, better able than any other in the NFL for the next man up to step up. We've just been saying that we'll have to cut NFL-caliber players in the fall, and now we lose ONE GUY (Vollmer) and have two guys go on inseason PUP (to return in Nov) and now its

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAAKPJEq1Ew

We're doomed.

Anyone know when tc starts next summer?

Seriously, this roster is stacked, better able than any other in the NFL for the next man up to step up. We've just been saying that we'll have to cut NFL-caliber players in the fall, and now we lose ONE GUY (Vollmer) and have two guys go on inseason PUP (to return in Nov) and now its

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAAKPJEq1Ew

Losing key guys on the OL and at RB, actually our best RB for most of the season is a big blow. Yes, the roster is still stacked and Bill figures these things out better than anyone but a BIG key to our success which all of us have said at one time or another was health. We are already behind the eight ball. I am actually happy Brady will not play to week 5 as it gives time for Scar to get the Oline solidified.

We are screwed at RB. We have some nice JAGs and that is it. We should have drafted a stud.

I'm sure there will be a serviceable RB coming from the Broncos. Maybe Juan Thompson or even Ronnie Hillman.

Unlike everyone else, it appears, I have no concerns at RB.

OT, on the other hand, not so good. At all.

Unlike everyone else, it appears, I have no concerns at RB.

OT, on the other hand, not so good. At all.

Agree with this. If Brady gets hurt Pats are done. That O-line was no good last year, and the end of the season showed.

I'm sure there will be a serviceable RB coming from the Broncos. Maybe Juan Thompson or even Ronnie Hillman.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

You are kidding, right? These two would be behind Bolden, White, Iosefa and Gaffney on this team.

I'd rather take a flier on Bishop Sankey or Knile Davis, if available. At least they have done SOMETHING in the NFL.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

You are kidding, right? These two would be behind Bolden, White, Iosefa and Gaffney on this team.

I'd rather take a flier on Bishop Sankey or Knile Davis, if available. At least they have done SOMETHING in the NFL.

Easy fella. I'm making a point here. All teams have RB's come the start of the season. These happen to be the couple I watch. That's all. And for the record, Hillman ran for nearly 900 yrds on only 200 attempts with an avg 0f 4.3 yrds/run.. He scored 7 rushing TD's. Bolden had a 3.9 avg. White had a whopping 2.5 avg last season. In fact the best avg of the 4 you mentioned is 3.9 yrds/carry. Fairly pedestrian.

Going back to it, RB's are easy to find. OL's are not.

Easy fella. I'm making a point here. All teams have RB's come the start of the season. These happen to be the couple I watch. That's all. And for the record, Hillman ran for nearly 900 yrds on only 200 attempts with an avg 0f 4.3 yrds/run.. He scored 7 rushing TD's. Bolden had a 3.9 avg. White had a whopping 2.5 avg last season. In fact the best avg of the 4 you mentioned is 3.9 yrds/carry. Fairly pedestrian.

Going back to it, RB's are easy to find. OL's are not.

If Hillman is so awesome, why would he become available? The Chiefs and Titans have a legitimate glut at RB. I don't think of Denver as a team that has that problem.

Losing key guys on the OL and at RB, actually our best RB for most of the season is a big blow. Yes, the roster is still stacked and Bill figures these things out better than anyone but a BIG key to our success which all of us have said at one time or another was health. We are already behind the eight ball. I am actually happy Brady will not play to week 5 as it gives time for Scar to get the Oline solidified.
I didn't. Any team that relies on no injuries to be competitive is a losing team. EVERY team will have key injuries before mid-season.

So far we have lost ONE starter to IR, and one, maybe two, to PUP. If the loss of one RT for the season and one RB for 6 to 9 weeks, or even for the season, will put us behind the eight ball, we were never going anywhere anyway, and we know that isn't the truth.

You don't know who will step up. At this time last year, Dion Lewis was just a guy who never did nothing in the NFL who made a couple plays in preseason - big whoop. We don't know how Gaffney will play, but so far this preseason, he's playing as good a Lewis did last season. We don't know if BB will trade for or claim a RB on waivers.

I admit I'm a glass-half-full-kind of guy, but you guys are glass-was-empty-to-begin-with guys.

Don't want either one of those JAGs. We already have better. KC has a LOT of quality RBs and maybe the Pats will trade for one, but even if they don't, the Pats will be fine. Just as Broncos fans believe every player they have is a potential probowler, Pats fans tend to think that our players aren't as good as they actually are. This even after winning a superbowl with Hank Poteat and Earthwind Moreland at CB.

I thought you were going to leave your Broncos crap in the Broncos thread. That didn't last long.

Back