Pats, Niners after Calvin Pace?

BionicPatriot

Reaction score
Linkie poo

I dunno, it would be amazing if they could start collecting such speed in the front 7 again, but every rumor now is just gossip it seems. Take it for what it's worth.

I have a feeling BB and SP are up to something. It seems everytime the Pats dont win the Superbowl there is a retooling or new strategy...I cant wait to see what they got in mind!

Also I really hope SF doesn't get all these LB's they're tryin to get....they already seem to have Briggs who I was hoping to see in a Pats uniform (though I knew it was a long shot).

bah, let the Niners continue to overspend on players. Although a linebacker like Pace would be nice to have... he's a young guy! Bring him in, dammit!

I'm just wondering how the hell they're going to out big the Niners, they have a lot of money to spend. I really hope this team can start bringing in some speed to the front 7. It just sucks, all of this is like aimless speculation right now.

grog on 02-27-2008 at 10:29 PM said:
I can't keep pace with all these guys. Is he good?

Top Five Free Agent Outside Linebackers

3. Calvin Pace- UFA- Cardinals DL-turned-LB Calvin Pace ended 2007 with 98 total tackles, 6.5 sacks, an interception and six passes defensed -- all career-highs. Pace had previously played as a defensive end but was moved to linebacker in the Cardinals' new 3-4 scheme and had the best year of his career. At 6-4, 272, Pace is an ideal end in a traditional 3-4 and with the team expected to Franchise Dansby, may hit the market unimpeded.

I would not be averse to the Patriots signing this guy. I hope BB/SP make it happen. We'll see what they do tomorrow.

Back