Pats v. Jags Game Thread

I just finished watching the game and it was about as thorough an ass-whipping as I've ever seen. I was looking for something conciliatory to say to Jag, just to keep his hopes up, but honestly -- I got nothing. Good young wideouts, I suppose, but until Bortles learns to make better decisions then there isn't a hell of lot to get worked up over.

Far as the Pats go, I was excited to see Dominique Easley looking healthy. I saw a continuance of his better burst off the snap and I believe the game is slowing down for him a bit. He was really good today, I thought.

The other guys that caught my eye is the rookie guards. Andrews is getting plenty of props in the middle, but Jackson and Mason are playing much better than I expected this early in the season. Jackson is steady and advanced for a rook and Mason is showing surprising agility to pair with his thunderous drive blocking.

He's still figuring things out, but Mason reminds me of a young John Hannah. One of these days that kid is going to be the best guard in the NFL.

I believe history will show that we had an excellent 2015 draft and getting these two dudes will be a major reason why.

They're looking good so far for sure. You didn't mention Malcom Brown who is getting manhandled far easier than he should be. He's getting turned at the los bc he stands too tall and can't stay square to the line. He's disappointing me so far. We'll see if he gets his technique turned around.

They're looking good so far for sure. You didn't mention Malcom Brown who is getting manhandled far easier than he should be. He's getting turned at the los bc he stands too tall and can't stay square to the line. He's disappointing me so far. We'll see if he gets his technique turned around.

I expected more based on watching clips of him at Texas. I agree.

I wouldn't say that he is physically overmatched, but think it's a technique thing with him. I've saw him anchor pretty effectively against double teams during preseason, but at this point he loses his gap contain from mis-reads too often and gets ridden out of the play. He looks like a rookie.

I expected that he would show more functional strength, but oftimes that is simply a matter of reps. Easley would be a good example of that and he's starting to have more regular impact now that things are slowing down for him mentally. Easley is starting to look like the Tasmanian Devil he was at Florida and seems to have bounced back from the hip injury well.

I'm not worried about Brown, but it would have been nice if he were a more polished guy out of the box. He just needs moar time to figure things out.

While on the topic of rookies, I can't be sure about this, but it appeared to me that we were working Jordan Richards at corner late in the game Sunday, which if correct, was interesting. Richards, in general, appears to move much better than his combine numbers would suggest he could, although I wouldn't want him over there as anything but an emergency guy.

Bill always takes the long view.

The only bad thing I could say about game. Dobson continues to struggle catching the ball.

Back