Pats vs. Colts

Spinal Tap

dicktowel.com
Reaction score
Well, since I am doomed to assclowndom, I might as well make the most of it. This is a thread for all the "wannba" assclowns who visit this forum that would like to talk about the big came coming up on Monday night.

It is obvious to all of us that, as presently constituted, the Patriots cannot stop the Colts this weekend. However, IF (and that's a big IF) Seymour and Gay can get back on the field, they might just have a fighting chance. As I've said before, Randall Gay is our best CB and he needs to be on the field. Imagine Duane Starks trying to run with Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, and Brandon Stokely. Not a pretty picture in my mind.

Seymour will obviously help on all fronts. The Colts will want to come into this game and establish the run. James has been a horse through 7 games (avg 5.0 yards/ carry). So not only will big Sey help keep James contained, but the pressure he puts on Manning will be a huge help to our depleted secondary.

If these two guys don't play, I don't see how the Pats stop the Colts offense. They can still make a game of it by matching scores, because I am a believer in the Pats offense. (albeit a bit less with a 29 yr old OC) I don't like the prospects of getting into a run and gun type of game with Indy. However, if we trot out the defensive lineup that we did against Buffalo, that's the ONLY way the Pats will even have a chance to win this game.

Keep your fingers crossed on Big Sey and Blue.

I'm actually feeling good about this game. I think they can institute the bend but don't break defense successfully and keep Indy from getting easy scores. If the Pats can slow this game down and force Indy to grind it out with them, then I have to give the knod to the Pats.

However, this all revolves around the Pats ability to keep from giving up the deep pass or long run.

Katie bar the door.

Although the Colts are highly overrated, the Pats banged up roster is going to make it tough. I have a feeling Indy has been waiting for this opportunity since the day after the Divisional Playoffs. Hope I'm wrong:

Indy 28, Patriots 17

spiderman said:
I'm actually feeling good about this game. I think they can institute the bend but don't break defense successfully and keep Indy from getting easy scores. If the Pats can slow this game down and force Indy to grind it out with them, then I have to give the knod to the Pats.

However, this all revolves around the Pats ability to keep from giving up the deep pass or long run.

Spiderman, I somewhat share your optomism, but is there any evidence to suggest that they will be able to do this with the defense they trotted out against the Bills??? Trust me, I'd love to think that the Pats have Indy's number once again and will get it done......somehow. I actually think they can win this game, but it's gonna take a monster OFFENSIVE effort to do it. The defense is too banged up to stop Indy on a consistent basis.

C'mon mods, don't you want to jump in on the football talk over here? Isn't that what this board is all about? Don't worry, I've been de-clawed.

I have seen (personally 5 times) the last 7 times that the Colts were supposed to carve up the Pats and it never happened. Not once, not close.

I think we could run out the last place powder puff team from a division 7 high school and beat the Colts.

Pats 45

Colts 32

Book it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spinal Tap said:
Well, since I am doomed to assclowndom, I might as well make the most of it. This is a thread for all the "wannba" assclowns who visit this forum that would like to talk about the big came coming up on Monday night.

It is obvious to all of us that, as presently constituted, the Patriots cannot stop the Colts this weekend. However, IF (and that's a big IF) Seymour and Gay can get back on the field, they might just have a fighting chance. As I've said before, Randall Gay is our best CB and he needs to be on the field. Imagine Duane Starks trying to run with Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, and Brandon Stokely. Not a pretty picture in my mind.

Seymour will obviously help on all fronts. The Colts will want to come into this game and establish the run. James has been a horse through 7 games (avg 5.0 yards/ carry). So not only will big Sey help keep James contained, but the pressure he puts on Manning will be a huge help to our depleted secondary.

If these two guys don't play, I don't see how the Pats stop the Colts offense. They can still make a game of it by matching scores, because I am a believer in the Pats offense. (albeit a bit less with a 29 yr old OC) I don't like the prospects of getting into a run and gun type of game with Indy. However, if we trot out the defensive lineup that we did against Buffalo, that's the ONLY way the Pats will even have a chance to win this game.

Keep your fingers crossed on Big Sey and Blue.
Well said Spinal ...

I'm 90% positive Big Sey will play,add FTFT back to the line up and that eases my mind a bit as far as the Colts being able to run over our D.
However I don't see Blue playing until he is 100%. BB has always said the real season starts after thanksgiving.
I can see the coaching staff keeping him,Dillon out or at least severely limited until nov.27th at the earliest. Part of me wants Blue and everyone else that can possibly play....play no matter how limited they may be then I contradict myself wanting blue,Dillon to stay out until they are close to 100% so hopefully they can be healthy for the run to the post season.

That being said the only thing the Colts have proven is that they can beat the worst teams in the NFL to date. So as banged up as we are the Pats still have a damn good chance to take this game without our best DB and our best RB .

.......pass the koolaid o:)

Good news fellas. I woke up this morning with a really good feeling about this game. I've been thinking all week that the Patriots only have a slim chance of winning this game. However, for some reason I feel 10 times better about it today. I don't have any useful analysis to back up my good feelings. I think we are all gonna be a bunch of happy campers tommorrow morning. I don't know how, I just do.

Kez was on WEEI a little bit ago ....I missed it because of my physical therapy apt. but here is a synopsis from Anni from the main thread:
That was a pretty good (if not short) segment from Kerry. Annihilus is a bit surprised that he said that the Colts have 'too many horses' for New England to be able to overcome and win the game....but to his credit, he said he wouldn't be surprised if the Pats pull out a win.

Also notable: he thinks there is a realistic chance that the Pats overcome the Colts in the last half of the season for home field (due to the Colts much tougher 2nd half schedule). Mentioned that the Colts performance on the road vs 'good teams' is pretty pitiful and that they only have one quality win this year (vs Jacksonville - which was by one TD).

*NOTE* this info is primarily for Spinal as I really couldn't give a rats azz as to what happens with 3:16 on this board.

don't bother responding bru ..... I've been having much more fun with you on ignore.

PA_PATS_FAN54 said:

*NOTE* this info is primarily for Spinal as I really couldn't give a rats azz as to what happens with 3:16 on this board.

don't bother responding bru ..... I've been having much more fun with you on ignore.

PERSONAL ATTACK! PERSONAL ATTACK! PERSONAL ATTACK! It's a shame that a person who I have "such respect for" has me on his ignore list. :rolleyes:

Spinal Tap said:
Good news fellas. I woke up this morning with a really good feeling about this game. I've been thinking all week that the Patriots only have a slim chance of winning this game. However, for some reason I feel 10 times better about it today. I don't have any useful analysis to back up my good feelings. I think we are all gonna be a bunch of happy campers tommorrow morning. I don't know how, I just do.

Nevermind...................................

Back