Phil Taylor

I'm surprised, after he sat out last year I thought he was done.

Could be a very good pick up in that already loaded D, scary.

I'm surprised, after he sat out last year I thought he was done.

Could be a very good pick up in that already loaded D, scary.

That D has the top 4 of their front 7 all looking for new contracts. I don't know what they are paying Taylor, but it adds to speculation that the Broncos are not planning on signing Malik Jackson with the other 3 being Miller, Ware and Wolfe.

I'm not saying you are wrong in terming that D "scary" but we don't really know where it is at this point. Sometimes the loss of one or two key guys makes a large difference in relative scariness.

Certainly they were excellent in 2015 and were kicking some serious ass, especially when it counted most.

That D has the top 4 of their front 7 all looking for new contracts. I don't know what they are paying Taylor, but it adds to speculation that the Broncos are not planning on signing Malik Jackson with the other 3 being Miller, Ware and Wolfe.

I'm not saying you are wrong in terming that D "scary" but we don't really know where it is at this point. Sometimes the loss of one or two key guys makes a large difference in relative scariness.

Certainly they were excellent in 2015 and were kicking some serious ass, especially when it counted most.

Reported today that if Ware won't restructure he's out. That would totally change the dynamic of that front D.

That's a fair point, Wolfe has already been paid hasn't he?

No way Miller is allowed to walk, Ware will probably go if he won't take a pay cut and I think they'll let Jackson test FA.

Trevathan is also a FA isn't he?

I stand corrected sir.

Yes Wolfe has resigned. And I agree, no way Miller walks. Phil Taylor is a singing that seems to to go along with the idea that Jackson is gone. Move Taylor in the NT position and move Sly Williams to DE. Jackson might end up with the Raiders. With Jack Del Rio there, and a lot of cap space, he should have 1st choice of any Broncos FA players. This time of year is awesome as a football fan. Always keeps ya guessing. On a side note, here is a site I stumbled onto this morning. It's called Over the Cap. Plug a players name in and it spits out all the info regarding his contract. Pretty cool.
http://overthecap.com/

Reported today that if Ware won't restructure he's out. That would totally change the dynamic of that front D.

Absolutely, but the Broncos have Shaq Barrett and Shane Ray. Both playing on rookie contracts. And both showed huge potential last season.

Yes Wolfe has resigned. And I agree, no way Miller walks. Phil Taylor is a singing that seems to to go along with the idea that Jackson is gone. Move Taylor in the NT position and move Sly Williams to DE. Jackson might end up with the Raiders. With Jack Del Rio there, and a lot of cap space, he should have 1st choice of any Broncos FA players. This time of year is awesome as a football fan. Always keeps ya guessing. On a side note, here is a site I stumbled onto this morning. It's called Over the Cap. Plug a players name in and it spits out all the info regarding his contract. Pretty cool.
http://overthecap.com/

It's a good site, between that and Spotrac for my most visited sites this time of year.

Depth is usually a good thing.

I've argued elsewhere that going down the "Dream Team" route is destined for failure as you can't build enough depth to cover the injuries that will undoubtedly happen.

But it's coming up to that time of year when fans want every shiny FA going. In some ways it's rarer for a big name FA to live up to his contract because by the nature of the beast they will end up overpaid.

You guys must have been laughing behind your hands when the Phins picked up Suh on the back of signing Tannehill to that contract. Great player, but millstone contract. What is his hit this season? $28 Million or something like that?

I've argued elsewhere that going down the "Dream Team" route is destined for failure as you can't build enough depth to cover the injuries that will undoubtedly happen.

But it's coming up to that time of year when fans want every shiny FA going. In some ways it's rarer for a big name FA to live up to his contract because by the nature of the beast they will end up overpaid.

You guys must have been laughing behind your hands when the Phins picked up Suh on the back of signing Tannehill to that contract. Great player, but millstone contract. What is his hit this season? $28 Million or something like that?

Agreed. Create a Suh. Don't buy a Suh

Reactions: SCC

Other than worrying Suh would injure Brady with a cheap shot, Patriot fans have been laughing gleefully.

<iframe src="http://overthecap.com/contract-embed/1816/" width="600" height="374" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Another contract that brings a smile to Patriot fans.

<iframe src="http://overthecap.com/contract-embed/980/" width="600" height="351" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

So Suh and Tannehill amount for nearly 25% of the Phins cap next year, for comparison some cherry picked top 2 paid players:

Lions - Stafford/Johnson - 30.03%
Steelers - Rustlers Burger/Timmons - 24.89%
Ravens - Flacco/Webb - 24.77%
Seahawks - Wilson/Sherman - 21.63%
GB - Rodger/Matthews - 20.5%
Bengals - Dalton/Green - 16.16%
Pats - Brady/Solder - 16.3%

Sure this going to change up quite a bit in the near future with FA and the next wave of QB contracts (Luck/Osweiler(?)/Cousins) but it's pretty damming when you've got that sort of money invested without having a QB who you're sure is the guy.

OK, I have to ask, who is Phil Taylor and who did he play for?

Former 1st rnd pick for the Browns. Like 4 years ago. Had a real good rookie season, but injury has slowed him down a bit.

He's also got a bit of the dog in him. You can't blame it all on injury. He's got plenty of talent, but.......don't expect him to set the world on fire.

Prior to being drafted, there were a fair amount of Pats fans lobbying to get him so I looked into him a fair amount and have watched him whenever Cleveland happened to be on. He wows you on one play and then disappears for a long stretch.

Back