Planeteers' Draft Day Party... :)

Peg

Reaction score
Hey, Fellow Pats Fans--
The count-down has begun... Exactly two weeks 'til the first day of the NFL Draft...
I know that we have discussed getting together for this momentous occasion in some other threads, but I wanted to dedicate a thread to impart the info. Perhaps one of the mods would be willing to make this a "Sticky" thread, so that it won't get lost in the shuffle in the next couple of weeks...

WHAT?: A gathering of fellow Planeteers & friends, spouses, etc... (i.e. Everyone is welcome!) :)
WHEN?: Saturday, April 24th at noon 'til whenever... :)
WHERE?: At "The Endzone" on Route 1 in Foxboro, just south of Gillette Stadium. For more specifics, please feel free to call them at their NEW phone number: (508)543-4045. :)
WHY?: Why not?! :D Because it will be FUN, FUN, FUN & why does one really need an excuse/reason to get together with fellow Pats fans and toast to our beloved Super Bowl Champs, as they make draft picks that will surely impact our TEAM for a long-time to come?!... :)

maelli/Mary is going to make name-tags that we can write in our real names and/or nicknames, but if you are wearing Patriots gear, then it will be easier for us to initially identify each other, if we haven't met yet...
If someone is familiar with the interior of the place, then perhaps we can try to designate an area to meet each other, as the place is quite large, as I understand...
Quite a few of us already know each other, so if you arrive and see some Pats fans hanging out together, then please feel free to come over and introduce yourself! The more the merrier! :)

So, what say ye?!... -Peg :)

As I mentioned to Peg in a PM.. I have a work related commitment that day so I won't be joining you. But, have fun!

As for the "Pats Gear" as a way to identify each other, don't count on it.... the whole place will probably be full of Pats fans!

The EndZone isn't huge so you'll definitely find each other. Here's a quick rundown of the set up. Once you get through the lobby there is a bar on your right. The dance floor is in the center and on the left is a raised up area with tables (which is designated VIP on game days and some of the players hang out.) Behind the dance floor is a plexi-glassed off area containing pool tables. You get to them by going through the bar section and going around to the back.

I don't know what the set up will be on that Saturday as I've only stopped in there a few times for a nightcap on the way home from the games after we've closed the tailgate lots. FYI... the place is NO palace but you should still have a good time.

:toast:

As much as I want to be there.. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it, due to prior commitments that I can't get out of.

Have a great time and I hope to see a full report on here!

Maybe we should use this thread for a head count.
If so than I will be there with wifey. Cant wait to finally meet everybody.:jester:

sir_drinkalot said:
Joephoto is absolutely positively there at the End Zone at noon. The 1st round goes kinda slow, 21st pick will be about 3:15 but we could move up of course.

sir_drinkalot said:

I plan on being there with a friend. The first round can last until 5 or 6 PM. But I think the possibility of trades will make this draft alot of fun.

dchester said:
My son has a soccer game in the middle of the afternoon that day.
:sulk:
Hey, dchester--
Give some thought to stopping by to say "hi", either before or after your son's soccer game, man... Seriously--it will be a blast!... :)

One more week, fellow fans!!!... :)

How are those name tags coming, maelli/Mary?!... As sir_drinkalot suggested, you could probably get a "head-count" from this thread, so that you'll know how many name tags to bring... I'll be there, of course, but I am not sure how many that I will have in-tow, yet... :)

All I can say is that COOKIE had BETTER be there, so that we will have someone there that will accurately predict our selections! He was dead-on with the first pick of Ty Warren, last year!...
The kid is amazing... Speaking of Cookie, remind me to tell you all the HILARIOUS story about when he & I first met last year... It is a RIOT!!!... :D

Peg,

How long will people likely be there? It's likely that I wouldn't be able to get there until 4:30 or so. I'm just not sure if everyone would be leaving by then. Foxboro is around an hour drive from my house, so if eveyone is leaving at 5:00, it would be a lot of driving for a short visit (of course after about 1/2 hour, you might all be sick of me anyways).

I'm still trying to talk the wife into going with with me. I'm assuming that we would be able to get a meal there (rather than just munchies).

Take care.
:cool:
________
smoke weed every day

dchester said:
Peg,

How long will people likely be there? It's likely that I wouldn't be able to get there until 4:30 or so. I'm just not sure if everyone would be leaving by then. Foxboro is around an hour drive from my house, so if eveyone is leaving at 5:00, it would be a lot of driving for a short visit (of course about about 1/2 hour, you might all be sick of me anyways).

I'm still trying to talk the wife into going with with me. I'm assuming that we would be able to get a meal there (rather than just munchies).

Take care.
:cool:
Hey, dchester--
As Bideau said, the first round could last until around 6pm... I have a feeling that this draft will yield a lot of "wheeling and dealing" of picks, so each selection may take a little longer than usual... I don't plan on "bolting" as soon as the first round is over, as I am sure that there will be a good "post-round-one" discussion!... :)
Some of us were even thinking about staying at the Endzone for dinner and even for the night, possibly, so I'd dare say that it would be well worth your driving over for the tail-end and then staying for dinner out, with the wifey... I really hope that you decide to do so, as it would be great to see everyone! Hope that this is helpful in making your decision, man! -Peg :)

Just found out that the Canadian channel that's showing the draft has to cut out at 3:00 to show the NHL playoffs (probably the same friggin game that's on ABC too)... :banghead: anyone really believe they'll get to #21 by then?

I'm crazy enough to maybe even make it down to Boston for the weekend, but I have to be back here first thing Sunday morning for a school thing...

JPK, who really hates this country sometimes

dchester said:
Peg,

How long will people likely be there? It's likely that I wouldn't be able to get there until 4:30 or so. I'm just not sure if everyone would be leaving by then.
We'll be there...I'll bet Bill does most of his picking late 1st and early 2nd where the best "value" exists this year. That'll be 4:30-6:30. He probably won't actually draft #21 and #32. If the guys he's targeted look to be available later he'll trade down is what I'm saying....I'm anticipating a young linebacker being added this spring.

kirjtc2 said:
Just found out that the Canadian channel that's showing the draft has to cut out at 3:00 to show the NHL playoffs (probably the same friggin game that's on ABC too)... :banghead: anyone really believe they'll get to #21 by then?

I'm crazy enough to maybe even make it down to Boston for the weekend, but I have to be back here first thing Sunday morning for a school thing...
WOW!! You REALLY ARE a CRAZY CANUCK, aren't you?! :D
How long of a drive is it from New Brunswick?... I would think that this would involve driving down on Friday night and then driving back to N.B. on Sunday... Perhaps we'll have quite the pajama party going on at the Endzone!!!... :cool: ;) ;)

joephoto said:
We'll be there...I'll bet Bill does most of his picking late 1st and early 2nd where the best "value" exists this year. That'll be 4:30-6:30. He probably won't actually draft #21 and #32. If the guys he's targeted look to be available later he'll trade down is what I'm saying....I'm anticipating a young linebacker being added this spring.
I believe that Joe is correct in his assumptions here, but I want to be there at the beginning, just in case BB goes in the opposite direction and moves up... ('cuz with Belichick, ya just never know!!)...
So, Joe--WHICH linebacker do you foresee him picking?... One of the mock drafts that I saw, had him picking one in the first round... What do you think about that?...

Peg said:
WOW!! You REALLY ARE a CRAZY CANUCK, aren't you?! :D
How long of a drive is it from New Brunswick?... I would think that this would involve driving down on Friday night and then driving back to N.B. on Sunday... Perhaps we'll have quite the pajama party going on at the Endzone!!!... :cool: ;) ;)

Nah, I was only half-joking...should have put a smiley at the end.

Though I'm not sure if I really have anything to do next anyway...you know I *do* have a sister in Boston...though the chances that I'll make that long of a trek on such short notice are, oh, the same as the chances of us drafting a QB with the first pick. :)

JPK

kirjtc2 said:
Nah, I was only half-joking...should have put a smiley at the end.

Though I'm not sure if I really have anything to do next anyway...you know I *do* have a sister in Boston...though the chances that I'll make that long of a trek on such short notice are, oh, the same as the chances of us drafting a QB with the first pick. :)

JPK

"half-joking..."?! Well, then you must be half-serious, then! :D

Come on, when will you be young and crazy again?!... And as Mark Twain wrote:
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

So, what say ye?!... -Peg :)

Well.... I finally had a nice day on Friday... so I worked in my yard for 8 hours straight. It looks mighty fine but alas I have injured my forearm and it's all swollen. (I can't even hold a coffee cup.... GASP!) So, depending on my rate of healing I may not be able to take part in the Restraint Training on the weekend. If I can't do it, I'll try to swing by the End Zone and hook up with ya for a bit.

I'll keep ya posted on my progress.

Peg said:
How are those name tags coming, maelli/Mary?!... As sir_drinkalot suggested, you could probably get a "head-count" from this thread, so that you'll know how many name tags to bring... I'll be there, of course, but I am not sure how many that I will have in-tow, yet...

I was figuring on printing one or two sheets of 11x17, maybe 30 nametags or so. I work as a graphic designer so I can make these myself, and as many as we'd need. I can make a couple of signs too.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Mary

Be there, Aloha

Peg said:
Hey, dchester--
As Bideau said, the first round could last until around 6pm... I have a feeling that this draft will yield a lot of "wheeling and dealing" of picks, so each selection may take a little longer than usual... I don't plan on "bolting" as soon as the first round is over, as I am sure that there will be a good "post-round-one" discussion!... :)
Some of us were even thinking about staying at the Endzone for dinner and even for the night, possibly, so I'd dare say that it would be well worth your driving over for the tail-end and then staying for dinner out, with the wifey... I really hope that you decide to do so, as it would be great to see everyone! Hope that this is helpful in making your decision, man! -Peg :)
OK, after spending most of the weekend doing yard work and other things :grovel: (as well as hurting my back moving a big rock), my wife has consented to accompany me to the big shindig. So, The Chesters (David and Carol) will be there. Our current ETA is 4:30 PM on Saturday.
:toast:

It will be nice to meet you all. Now for the next question, how will I be able to identify you?
:huh:
________
Land Rover Discovery picture

Back