Players I like in 2nd & 3rd.

StoneWalled

Shameless Homer
Reaction score
2 Ricky Sapp, Montario Hardesty, Thaddeus Gibson, Marty Gilyard, Damian Williams, Arrelious Benn, Jon Asamoah and Jonathan Dwyer.

3 Rob Gronskowski, Aaron Hernandez, Corey Wootton, Lamar Houston,
Dennis Pitta, Tony Moeaki, Michael Hoomanawanui, Perry Riley, Jermain Cunningham, Roger Saffold, Brandon Lang, Ben Tate and Daryl Washington.

We probably won't take a single one.

2 Ricky Sapp, Montario Hardesty, Thaddeus Gibson, Marty Gilyard, Damian Williams, Arrelious Benn, Jon Asamoah and Jonathan Dwyer.

Hardesty has had 3 knee ops already, so I don't know if they would go for him, but I'd love Benn, Gilyard or Dwyer.

Most likely from the three: I now guess Gilyard, even though I had the other two in my mock.

I'm convinced all of them could really help us next year and all fill a clear hole.

I like Gilyard and Benn. But my WR binkie now is S.Long. His quickness #'s are off the charts. And I don't know how many WR's they'll keep, so I'm hoping they hold out for him in the 5th or so.

Love Gronk if his back clears medically, but that's touchy. Pitta and Moeki are solid 3rds.

Sapp seems to be dropping. For a cat that spent 6 hrs here, maybe....

Teo seems to be climbing, not unlike McCourty.

Truly interested if we flip the 3rd for Fat Al. We'll know BB's intentions by the endof tonight.

Saffold
Brian Price
Daryl Washington
John Jerry
Dunlap
Wootton
Misi
Te'o-nesheim
Pitta
Andre Roberts
Damian Williams
McCluster
Ricky Sapp
Javier Arenas
Arthur Jones
Geno Atkins
Jason Worilds

I expect some trades that could result in 4 or more picks in these 2 rounds

ILB Sean Lee
ILB Pat Angerer
OLB Jason Worilds
OLB A.J. Edds
OLB Eric Norwood
WR Jacoby Ford
WR Golden Tate
WR Andre Roberts
WR Taylor Price
WR Jordan Shipley
WR/ST demon Dexter McCluster
RB Toby Gerhart
RB Ben Tate
RB Montarrio Hardesty (but Hawg makes a good point, I am a little leary of Hardesty)
OT Rodger Saffold
OT Jason Fox
TE Aaron Hernandez
TE Colin Peek
TE Tony Moeaki
DE Alex Carrington
DE Austen Lane

ILB Sean Lee
ILB Pat Angerer
OLB Jason Worilds
OLB A.J. Edds
OLB Eric Norwood
WR Jacoby Ford
WR Golden Tate
WR Andre Roberts
WR Taylor Price
WR Jordan Shipley
WR/ST demon Dexter McCluster
RB Toby Gerhart
RB Ben Tate
RB Montarrio Hardesty (but Hawg makes a good point, I am a little leary of Hardesty)
OT Rodger Saffold
OT Jason Fox
TE Aaron Hernandez
TE Colin Peek
TE Tony Moeaki
DE Alex Carrington
DE Austen Lane

Good call on Taylor Price and Aaron Hernandez.

Saffold
Brian Price
Daryl Washington
John Jerry
Dunlap
Wootton
Misi
Te'o-nesheim
Pitta
Andre Roberts
Damian Williams
McCluster
Ricky Sapp
Javier Arenas
Arthur Jones
Geno Atkins
Jason Worilds

I expect some trades that could result in 4 or more picks in these 2 rounds

Man, I completely struck out!

Man, I completely struck out!

I think Saffold and Te'o-Nesheim were high on the Pats' list, but they were gone (damn those Eagles!).

Daryl Washington makes great sense in a 4-2-5, but no sense in a 3-4. Brandon Spikes mikes no sense in a 4-2-5 but great sense in a 3-4. We could have gone either way.

I wanted Dunlap as much as anyone. But the fact that BB took Cunningham over him, with his connection to Urban Meyer, is very suggestive.

I think Saffold and Te'o-Nesheim were high on the Pats' list, but they were gone (damn those Eagles!).

Daryl Washington makes great sense in a 4-2-5, but no sense in a 3-4. Brandon Spikes mikes no sense in a 4-2-5 but great sense in a 3-4. We could have gone either way.

I wanted Dunlap as much as anyone. But the fact that BB took Cunningham over him, with his connection to Urban Meyer, is very suggestive.

You're right. Drafting spikes makes me the think the 3/4 is still going to be used quite a bit.

3 Rob Gronskowski, Aaron Hernandez, Corey Wootton, Lamar Houston,
Dennis Pitta, Tony Moeaki, Michael Hoomanawanui, Perry Riley, Jermain Cunningham, Roger Saffold, Brandon Lang, Ben Tate and Daryl Washington.

We probably won't take a single one.

Nice call on Gronk, Hernandez, and Cunningham!

I wanted Sapp badly, but :shrug: that's life as an NFL fan.

Cunningham flew totally under my radar. He's really a solid player, though not flashy. But it's worth noting that in the games he was out, Spikes totally disappeared without his protection and drawing double teams.

And by the way, it's largely for that reason that I was not high on Brandon Spikes. I'd said I didn't want him before the 3rd round (actually I was exaggerating and said the 4th), but at the end of 2, after the tradedowns, I'm not unhappy. Gronk should be excellent (I think he's better than Gresham, honestly), and I LOVE price (though it's only from what I've read and youtube clips - I can't say I say any Ohio games.)

If they actually start using TEs again in the passing game, they've got some neat weapons to cover until Wes is ready and/or Tate develops.

They didn't get a "pure" pass rusher, but when have they ever targeted those guys? Rosie Colvin, but even he was more well rounded, just with pass rushing upside. Honestly, I think Belichick much prefers to collapse the pocket from the middle when he does focus on getting to the QB.

Back