Practice squad eligible players?

Pneumonic

Reaction score
Is there already a thread started noting those who are eligible?

If not, does anyone know who they are?

Eligible players:

RB Eric Kettani
RB Richard Medlin
WR Taylor Price
WR Jeremy Ross
WR Tyree Barnes
WR Buddy Farnham
TE Carson Butler
TE Will Yeatman
OT Steve Maneri
OT Zach Roth
OL Corey Woods
OL Mark Wetterer
OL Thomas Austin
OL Jonathan Compas
C/G Rich Ohrnberger
DT Kade Weston
DT Darryl Richard
DE Alex Silvestro
DE Clay Nurse
DE Aaron Lavarias
LB Jeff Tarpinian
LB Christian Cox
K Chris Koepplin

And this years draft class of course.

Eligible players:

RB Eric Kettani
RB Richard Medlin
WR Taylor Price
WR Jeremy Ross
WR Tyree Barnes
WR Buddy Farnham
TE Carson Butler
TE Will Yeatman
OT Steve Maneri
OT Zach Roth
OL Corey Woods
OL Mark Wetterer
OL Thomas Austin
OL Jonathan Compas
C/G Rich Ohrnberger
DT Kade Weston
DT Darryl Richard
DE Alex Silvestro
DE Clay Nurse
DE Aaron Lavarias
LB Jeff Tarpinian
LB Christian Cox
K Chris Koepplin

And this years draft class of course.

Awesome my friend. Many thanks.

Half that list would never clear waivers, unfortunately.

Half that list would never clear waivers, unfortunately.

Really? Taylor Price and Maneri seem pretty good bets to be picked up. But who else is a sure thing? Ohrnberger cleared waivers just last year, and he's probably the biggest name of the bunch.

Really? Taylor Price and Maneri seem pretty good bets to be picked up. But who else is a sure thing? Ohrnberger cleared waivers just last year, and he's probably the biggest name of the bunch.

Austin and Weston.

Austin is better right now than Ohrnberger is after 3 years with the team and a reasonably high pick with a trade up to boot. I see a sure-fire solid starter in him and maybe better than that. I just wish he could play some center.

I don't know if Weston will make this team, but with all the HELP WANTED signs for a 3-4 space-eater out there, somebody is bound to snap him up if he is cut.

Just my opinion, of course, but I feel pretty strongly about both.

Austin and Weston.

Austin is better right now than Ohrnberger is after 3 years with the team and a reasonably high pick with a trade up to boot. I see a sure-fire solid starter in him and maybe better than that. I just wish he could play some center.

I don't know if Weston will make this team, but with all the HELP WANTED signs for a 3-4 space-eater out there, somebody is bound to snap him up if he is cut.

I'm with you on both players.

Austin and Weston.

I don't know much about Austin (didn't see many offensive snaps this past week) but I like what I've read/seen from Weston. That said, I don't necessarily place them in "sure to be claimed off waivers" list.

I don't know much about Austin (didn't see many offensive snaps this past week) but I like what I've read/seen from Weston. That said, I don't necessarily place them in "sure to be claimed off waivers" list.

I don't know that much, either and might be totally off-base, but I've watched a lot of guards over the years and Thursday night I saw a guy who nobody knows anything about just whipping 7-year NFL vet CJ Mosley all night long. He did get whipped by Tyson Alualu on one early play, but Alualu is a beast. Austin put a lot of guys on the ground, something he did consistently in college.

Since my previous post, I discovered that he started about half his games at center during his last year at Clemson and allegedly performed well, so maybe the Pats will give him a look-see there to see if he has the versatility we look for in a backup.

From looking at Clemson photos and watching a vid of him at his pro day, my guess is that he is in considerably better shape now. Supposedly ran in the 5.3/5.4 40 range which is pretty slow, but he looked quick and athletic in space the other night and gets off on the snap well. He lists at 6'3" and 315 which seems about right. Plays a similar style to Mankins.

I don't want to go off on a rant about this kid, but he seems ahead of what some of our recent backups were capable of at a similar stage of development and it led me to theorize that he has a real chance to stick depending on what happens with Cannon, injuries, etc., etc.

He's my 2011 TC sleeper binkie.

I don't know that much, either and might be totally off-base, but I've watched a lot of guards over the years and Thursday night I saw a guy who nobody knows anything about just whipping 7-year NFL vet CJ Mosley all night long. He did get whipped by Tyson Alualu on one early play, but Alualu is a beast. Austin put a lot of guys on the ground, something he did consistently in college.

Since my previous post, I discovered that he started about half his games at center during his last year at Clemson and allegedly performed well, so maybe the Pats will give him a look-see there to see if he has the versatility we look for in a backup.

From looking at Clemson photos and watching a vid of him at his pro day, my guess is that he is in considerably better shape now. Supposedly ran in the 5.3/5.4 40 range which is pretty slow, but he looked quick and athletic in space the other night and gets off on the snap well. He lists at 6'3" and 315 which seems about right. Plays a similar style to Mankins.

I don't want to go off on a rant about this kid, but he seems ahead of what some of our recent backups were capable of at a similar stage of development and it led me to theorize that he has a real chance to stick depending on what happens with Cannon, injuries, etc., etc.

He's my 2011 TC sleeper binkie.

Great to hear. NE's backup OLs have been in need of upgrade for some time now.

Hawg73 said:

One more comment and then I'll let it go for a while.

I rewatched the game and Austin actually played center for the 4th quarter and looked solid there. Apparently I missed it first time around, but so did Randy Cross.

Orhnberger is toast.

I rewatched the game and Austin actually played center for the 4th quarter and looked solid there. Apparently I missed it first time around, but so did Randy Cross.

Orhnberger is toast.
or maybe Wendell?

Orhnberger is toast.
Funny thing about Ohrnberger...whenever I watch him, be it pre-season, cleanup time, whatever, he plays well. I don't think I've seen him goof up, make a mistake, whiff, take a penalty, or anything yet and I try to keep an eye on him when he's in. Of course the drafting of Cannon, the resigning of Mankins, the presence of Connolly all suggest that Ohrnie's best shot at the roster might be replacing Koppen. And as noted, Austin might be better suited for that role. But I have a feeling he'll catch on somewhere and be a pretty good player in this league, I just think he isn't great enough to supplant some of the guys we currently have.

Funny thing about Ohrnberger...whenever I watch him, be it pre-season, cleanup time, whatever, he plays well. I don't think I've seen him goof up, make a mistake, whiff, take a penalty, or anything yet and I try to keep an eye on him when he's in. Of course the drafting of Cannon, the resigning of Mankins, the presence of Connolly all suggest that Ohrnie's best shot at the roster might be replacing Koppen. And as noted, Austin might be better suited for that role. But I have a feeling he'll catch on somewhere and be a pretty good player in this league, I just think he isn't great enough to supplant some of the guys we currently have.

I don't think Ohrnberger is a bad player, really. Rich is fairly powerful and can move guys and could make a serviceable backup player somewhere.

I just don't want either he or Wendel to have to start on this team and sometimes backups have to.

It's too early to be rearranging the depth chart, but I was just pumped and jacked about Austin and should have probably expressed that differently.

Back