Quarterback controversy ?

Uncle Vic

Reaction score
It cant be said enough that Brady is a pretty darn good QB,heck I think he has a couple super bowl rings.But,just as Golfers have their slumps, so do qbs.Brady is in a slump,this much is clear.Football is a team sport,its not just about 1 player.We have a Heisman trophy winner,hail Mary founder and proven winner in Doug Flutie.We need to get him into the game.He is no threat to Brady in the long term due to his age.We have a bye week and I can see no reason why we dont give Flutie the next 2 weeks to prepare for the next game as the starter.In the meantime Brady can sit back and learn from Flutie.Its always a good idea to have your slumping QB get a different perspective from the sidelines.

A lot of other football forums have a theory about Brady.how good really is he?How great would he look behind our oline,throwing to our receivers?You get the picture I think,maybe they are just jealous???It is true that Brady`s success is just with BB on 1 team.A lot of experts feel that BB is perhaps the greatest coach of all time(outside of the CFL that is) and that the team under BB would look good even with a Rob Johnson type QB at the helm.This may or may not be the case but something to ponder.

Start Flutie the next game,if he does well and we win,keep him in until the ride ends.If Flutie should take us all the way to the SB and win it,Great!!!Brady will be in game shape for the 2006 home opener.

Any thoughts:cool:

LOL. Thanks, I needed the laugh. Good timing on your part

I'm 100% for starting Flutie next Sunday.

Uncle Vic, you never cease to amaze. You and HOF sure know how to cheer folks up with your humor.

Uncle Vic said:

One does come to mind.

It's a mental image of you trying to take a flying fuck at a rolling donut based on my suggestion.

People like you are enough to incite mod-rage.

Once, just ONCE for the love of God and all that is holy could you PLEASE comment on something besides your twisted man-love for that ancient Natick smurf.

This would be indistinguishable from a thomas satire post, if it was funny.

Uncle Vic said:
It cant be said enough that Brady is a pretty darn good QB,heck I think he has a couple super bowl rings.But,just as Golfers have their slumps, so do qbs.Brady is in a slump,this much is clear.Football is a team sport,its not just about 1 player.We have a Heisman trophy winner,hail Mary founder and proven winner in Doug Flutie.We need to get him into the game.He is no threat to Brady in the long term due to his age.We have a bye week and I can see no reason why we dont give Flutie the next 2 weeks to prepare for the next game as the starter.In the meantime Brady can sit back and learn from Flutie.Its always a good idea to have your slumping QB get a different perspective from the sidelines.

A lot of other football forums have a theory about Brady.how good really is he?How great would he look behind our oline,throwing to our receivers?You get the picture I think,maybe they are just jealous???It is true that Brady`s success is just with BB on 1 team.A lot of experts feel that BB is perhaps the greatest coach of all time(outside of the CFL that is) and that the team under BB would look good even with a Rob Johnson type QB at the helm.This may or may not be the case but something to ponder.

Start Flutie the next game,if he does well and we win,keep him in until the ride ends.If Flutie should take us all the way to the SB and win it,Great!!!Brady will be in game shape for the 2006 home opener.

One of the possible benefits of replacing Brady now is that that the Pats would have "maximized him"! Sort of like playing the stock market, buy low and sell high! I am not sure that Flutie is the correct man for the job, though! I wonder who the Pats MAY have in mind! Brady has an empty look in his eyes today! Drew on the other hand, was "Patton like"!

HOF2 said:
Walled, it's important to think out of the box, cliched as it may sound!

Outside of the box is maybe replacing him for a series. Starting Flutie over Brady is outside the limits of sanity.

Back