Ready For the Burgh Again? (or ready for more smack?)

crime fighter said:
Hey oink oink how are you going to feel late Sunday evening next week? I'm going to come in here and remind you who's your daddy again...

Who's your daddy, oink oink? Brady better be ready because you are going to here from me for the rest of your life...

I love it!!! :D :D :D
I see you're still squealing like a pig, I suppose that's why they call you the Squealers, eh.
________
weed vaporizer

Steelers suck Steelers suck Steelers suck!
Or is that the Jets mantra?
The Steelers are six inches from watching the Pats host the Jets for the AFCCG.. Your team absolutely has run it's course. The shelf life of the rookie QB has expired and the Steelers are going down once again at home in front of all the terrible hankies.
Thankfully you'll be able to use the hankies to dry your tear stained eyes when the SB champs roll into town with a full head of steam and crush your tin curtain. Hey at least you can still root for the AFC in the SB!!
You are going down, face it. Belichick never loses to the same team twice. Over and out!!!!

Marsha is shaking in his boots at the post-game press conference...you could see the fear in his eyes and the quiver in his voice at the mere mention of The 16-1 Steelers.

20041101pd_fbn_porter_bradysackBGI_150.jpg

He can still feel the pain...

StillSpike said:
Marsha is shaking in his boots at the post-game press conference...you could see the fear in his eyes and the quiver in his voice at the mere mention of The 16-1 Steelers.

no man thats the LSD kicking in ........ get off the drugs bro.

Well, at least one thing that was on our side this past Saturday was pure luck. Brien should not have missed that first field goal off the post.

But if I were the Pats, I'd make sure I prepare for the Steelers as if the Pats were the underdogs. Whereas the Patriots blew out a feared opponent, the Steelers tasted death and escaped. Like they say, you don't realize what you've got until you've almost lost it.

The Steelers will come out next week on a tear. I think it'll be a great game. And may the best team win :)

StillSpike said:

Do you have any pics of the 2001 AFC Title Game? That was a good one, because that one meant something. ;)

StillSpike said:

The early lines have the Patriots favored by 2.5 to 3 points. I guess the bettors aren't worried.

http://covers.com/data/nfl/odds/nfl_lines.aspx
________
buy vaporizers

Ok, most of the Steeler fans are smart enough to realize they were given a gift by the football gods yesterday, but you guys take the cake...

Ben led the game winning drive???? No, he led the victory march after the Jets handed them the win. Oh, no wait, he was leading the game winning drive after the first choked field goal by the Jets, of course that ended in an interception. Hopefully the players aren't as ignorant as you guys to be cocky. Actually, hopefully they are as it'll make it that much easier for the Pats.

Sheeesh.

the steelers did play like s**t against the jets but i can garuntee you that wont happen next sunday, and then all them lame dillion exuses will go away.

Moebius said:
Ok, most of the Steeler fans are smart enough to realize they were given a gift by the football gods yesterday, but you guys take the cake...

Ben led the game winning drive???? No, he led the victory march after the Jets handed them the win. Oh, no wait, he was leading the game winning drive after the first choked field goal by the Jets, of course that ended in an interception. Hopefully the players aren't as ignorant as you guys to be cocky. Actually, hopefully they are as it'll make it that much easier for the Pats.

Sheeesh.

Who the hell is 'you guys'?

If you're talking about crimefighter, get your words right. No one else is associated with him.

As far as Ben's play goes, it was both good and bad. Everyone who cautioned that the playoffs are a different atmosphere was right. He really did almost lose that game.

It was akin to Brady crumbling versus the lowly Dolphins. The difference being, as a team, the Steelers prevailed.

But like I've said already, the Patriots have to worry about the Steelers as a team. Focus on Ben all you want, but after the near-loss last week, Cowher's taking away his privileges. I have no idea why the coaching staff decided to give him 30 attempts, more than he's ever had all season, when we were running the ball with such success.

Given all that, expect a different team to show up next week. Nevermind all the BS from bandwagon trashtalkers that are sure to pop up leading up to this Sunday. The Pats themselves came back with blowouts the weeks after their two losses, because they realized they had to prove themselves again. What makes you so sure the Steelers won't do the same?

stillerscountry said:
Who the hell is 'you guys'?

If you're talking about crimefighter, get your words right. No one else is associated with him.

As far as Ben's play goes, it was both good and bad. Everyone who cautioned that the playoffs are a different atmosphere was right. He really did almost lose that game.

It was akin to Brady crumbling versus the lowly Dolphins. The difference being, as a team, the Steelers prevailed.

But like I've said already, the Patriots have to worry about the Steelers as a team. Focus on Ben all you want, but after the near-loss last week, Cowher's taking away his privileges. I have no idea why the coaching staff decided to give him 30 attempts, more than he's ever had all season, when we were running the ball with such success.

Given all that, expect a different team to show up next week. Nevermind all the BS from bandwagon trashtalkers that are sure to pop up leading up to this Sunday. The Pats themselves came back with blowouts the weeks after their two losses, because they realized they had to prove themselves again. What makes you so sure the Steelers won't do the same?

Because your team has a history of failing to be prepared in the big title games. The Patriot's have a history of being nothing but the utmost prepared team for the dog fights. Also, because we know to beat the Steelers is to stop the run.

You wanna make a bet Ben has a day in living hell? Look at QBsrecord who have faced Belichick more than once..It aint pretty.

stillerscountry said:

You're comparing a rookie with little playoff experience totally sucking to a Two Time Super Bowl MVP having one bad game? Please, I'm sure Joe Montana and John Elway had some bad games in their career, too.

But hey, had the Dolphins missed two FG's in the final minutes, the Pats probably would have won, too.

Matt37 said:
It took the Steelers 5 quarters to beat a team that didn't even belong in the playoffs. It took 2 missed FG's to keep them alive. Oh, and a guy named Corey will be playing this time around for the Defending World Champion Patriots. You might have seen him play today. He was pretty good.

dillion has done dick against the steelers in the past...much like manning has done to the pats in the past...

BionicPatriot said:
Because your team has a history of failing to be prepared in the big title games. The Patriot's have a history of being nothing but the utmost prepared team for the dog fights. Also, because we know to beat the Steelers is to stop the run.

You wanna make a bet Ben has a day in living hell? Look at QBsrecord who have faced Belichick more than once..It aint pretty.

well the 1st time they played it was supposed to be a hell sunday for him, we all seen how that turned out...

LVent said:
dillion has done dick against the steelers in the past...much like manning has done to the pats in the past...

Dillon also never ran for 1600 yards or played in the playoffs before. First time for everything.

BionicPatriot said:

Sorry to disappoint, but I'm not making any bets, Bionic. I've already criticized Ben, why don't you pry out something useful from that. Everyone knows Ben has to play better next week. The key is execution. There's a difference between knowing and doing. On your part, that certainly isn't about telling me you "know to beat the Steelers" you have "to stop the run." Thanks, but it was a rhetorical question.

Matt37 said:
You're comparing a rookie with little playoff experience totally sucking to a Two Time Super Bowl MVP having one bad game? Please, I'm sure Joe Montana and John Elway had some bad games in their career, too.

But hey, had the Dolphins missed two FG's in the final minutes, the Pats probably would have won, too.

No Matt, I'm comparing the degrees to which poor quarterback play has been a factor in team losses. It has nothing to do with the individual quarterbacks. My point is, the Steelers came away with the win in spite of Ben, but only because they were able to hold off the Jet's offense to 3 points. That team aspect, is what the Patriots need to prepare the most for, not strictly Ben, who won't be getting too many snaps, hopefully.

Ben played poorly against the Jets the first time around, too. I don't think I need to remind anyone how he played against the Pats' secondary the first time around when it was this banged up.

Having said that, it should be a very close game. The Steelers are, without a doubt, the underdog, and it's hard to believe Belicheck will be able to sell that the Pats are the underdog when in all likelihood very few- if any- people are going to pick the Steelers to win. Of course, no one thought Belicheck could set up something to stop the Colts, so who knows.

We'll see if Belicheck can create magic this time around with the beat up secondary. Word to the wise- don't ask either of those CBs to cover Plax one-on-one. Keep a safety over the top. That easy play-action TD to open the Steelers' scoring frenzy in the first game sparked the scoring run and set the tone for the entire game IMO.

To me, the biggest question is whether or not the Pats can prevent the Steelers from outmuscling them at the LOS. They were able to pound the Pats into submission running it because the Steeler OL simply dominated. I don't doubt things could change, but it could end up being the same way, too.

This should be a great game. Good luck on Sunday.

Wow, all I've said is that this will be a "great game," and that the Pats should prepare for a better Steelers team. What, so the Pats shouldn't prepare for a better Steelers team? Should they not prepare at all? Read it again, ya'll, I wasn't even trashtalking.

Supkem said:
Ya mean kinda like theres a differenace between playing a playoff game and playing a playoff game against the Patriots?

No homey, I mean kinda like every Pats fan here, you included, who predicted Roethlisberger would suck against Belichick and the Pats in week 8 because he was a rookie. Everyone "knew" Ben would do poorly, but the Pats just didn't execute.

Anyone get my point? I'm sure a lot of people here watch ESPN analysts predicting scores before the game. F--- predictions, I'd rather watch the game.

Back