Ready For the Burgh Again? (or ready for more smack?)

Annihilus said:
I wouldn't bother trying with these guys if I were you UT, they're beyond rehabilitation. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm going to go the no-smack route for this game. Like our boy Bruschi, the play of the team will do the talking for me.

Something tells me we're going to have to create another Steeler's smack thread for this game before we are overloaded with heaping, steaming piles of Steeler crap.

not everyone is bad...

LVent said:
not everyone is bad...

We know LVent - most of us are pretty good at separating the wheat from the chaffe when it comes to you guys (after all we've done it once already this year...). :thumb:

pookie said:
I'm with you 100% on this. No smack from me this week. The Steelers have already beaten the Patriots. The Patriots have something to prove and only their play can do that. Let the idiot trolls do their thing. The best thing to do is to ignore the dumb one's and shoot the breeze with the decent Pitt fans.

You know guys, usually I'm the first one to back away from the smack. But this week I enjoy it for some strange reason.

I do think a designated smack thread is a good idea, though.

Undertaker #59 said:
Ewwww!

Use a Kleenex next time or something.

OK Mr. Bouncing Anvil Man.....don't make me invade your serene country with swarms of slimy octopii..... o:)

Undertaker #59 said:
This thread is now the designated smack thread.

Zen I claim zees thread in zee name of Spain!

(Sorry, reference to an old Kids in the Hall sketch.)

Undertaker #59 said:
You guys have some reading comprehension and retention issues. The fact the the Steelers crushed the Patriots has been admitted to and talked about ad nauseam here, yet you refuse to remember it.

As proved in a poll awhile ago, nearly 80% of the members here didn't think Dillon would have made a difference in that game, yet you keep thinking that WE are using that excuse, when in fact it is the media that has been harping on that.

Do some research.

And the results will be the same again on Sunday. I will not smack too much this week, as I would like to break down matchups, etc. I know our guys still have way more talent and they have put it together to form one of the top teams in NFL history, as is indicative of our 16-1 record...

crime fighter said:
And the results will be the same again on Sunday. I will not smack too much this week, as I would like to break down matchups, etc. I know our guys still have way more talent and they have put it together to form one of the top teams in NFL history, as is indicative of our 16-1 record...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............

One of the top teams in NFL history? Hardly.

I have a lot of respect for what the Patriots have done (key word "done"). They've done some great things the last 2 of 3 years but this year is different.

Steelers have so much going for them this Sunday and the big one is that they are underdogs at home. Cowher has never been defined as a "underdog" at home in an AFCCG and this is what I want...

I will try not to resort to smack and try and talk intelligently this week (fingers crossed). Xs and Os are important so I'd like to break this thing down with you fans...

You guys are the champs and until we beat you I'll still give you your props. Keep in mind, though, that we are not the Colts or any of those other weak teams...

crime fighter said:
5. Cowher will outcoach Billichoke again.

I've never laughed so hard in my life, big guy. "Billichoke"? Are we talking about the guy who was won two Super Bowls and has NEVER LOST A PLAYOFF GAME with the Patriots? When exactly has he choked?

On the other hand, you have Bill Cowher, the definition of a CHOKER. How many times has this guy had HFA and lost? 3 times is it? Give me a break.

That's classic.

You Steeler fans (the idiot ones) seem to forget that The Rookie was facing a secondary that was changing on the spot. This secondary has now had 3 months to work together, and they do a pretty good job of it now.

And Bettis has had a history of sucking against the Pats. Case in point: 2001 AFC Title Game: 9 carries, 8 yards, 0.9 AVG.

crime fighter said:
I have a lot of respect for what the Patriots have done (key word "done"). They've done some great things the last 2 of 3 years but this year is different.

If the key word is "done", then why do you clowns keep bringing up the October game?

TrueBeliever said:
If the key word is "done", then why do you clowns keep bringing up the October game?

That is recent history pal! You know (your conrads even stated it) that the Steelers crushed you, and yet you still deny that fact?

Say it once that the Steelers dominated you, TB! Say it so that at least I know you are dealing with reality...

What was the final score of our last meeting?

See, back in 2001, the Steelers were over-confident and it costed them dearly. They won't be that way on Sunday. In fact, we are underdogs at home, in case you haven't seen the latest line...

We love that! We won't make the same mistakes in 2001...

I hope this team is ready to come into the Burgh! :thumb:

crime fighter said:

I hope this team is ready to come into the Burgh! :thumb:

We will be more ready than you can imagine, and if you really think you have a chance of taking this one, it is you who needs a reality check.

Cowher can't win the big ones. Accept it.

Just some bits and pieces from a piece in the LA Times ....

January 17, 2005

NFL DIVISIONAL PLAYOFFS

It's a Bad Time to Bet the Farm

MIKE PENNER

The prospect of an all-Pennsylvania Super Bowl has excited a lot of people in this country, mostly all of Pennsylvania.

But before anyone gets carried away with the notion and gets the bookie and the home mortgage involved, a word of warning:

Old habits die hard in the NFL playoffs, as the results of this weekend's divisional round were quick to remind.

Tom Brady? He walked off the field 7-0 as a starter in postseason games.

Peyton Manning? He walked off the field 0-7 as a starter in games played at New England.

And the Patriots, 20-3 winners over the Colts, are going back to the AFC championship game, their third such appearance in four years.

This is old hat for the Eagles and the Patriots, but good news only to the Patriots, who know what to do when they get this far. They will be on the road next Sunday against the Pittsburgh Steelers, but they shouldn't be underdogs, not after their defensive clinic against Manning and the Steelers' great escape against the New York Jets.

The Patriots are in the AFC final because that's what they do. It's their time.

The Steelers are in the AFC final, knowing deep down that they are there living on borrowed time

The Steelers edged the Jets only because Doug Brien missed two fourth-quarter field-goal tries, winning in spite of two crucial interceptions thrown by Ben Roethlisberger and a fumble lost by Jerome Bettis. They won't be able to survive that against New England.

They're dreaming of a Steeler-Eagle Super Bowl in the Keystone State, but the Keystone Kops are out of the tournament. New England and Atlanta, however, are still playing. In Pittsburgh and Philadelphia, that's nothing to laugh about.

Back