Red Ring of Death? (360 Q)

chef on 12-28-2007 at 03:50 PM said:
mine died, and its moded

This thread is about Xbox 360's not yer fuggin' pet goat.

i got the firmware moded, but it doens't matter anyway, cause it is out or warranty either way

chef on 12-28-2007 at 03:58 PM said:
i got the firmware moded, but it doens't matter anyway, cause it is out or warranty either way

That sucks. I'll make sure not to mod mine then.

When they first came out, my husband had 3 machines red ring on him. They sent him a postage paid box and it came back with no charge.

This one he's had for over a year now and no problems. Even COD4 and all the other games that y'all like to jack off to. If my husband is a Patriots widower, then I am an Xbox 360 live widow. You nerds kill me with that;) Although I can play Guitar Hero for 5 hours straight and there's no problem with that :)!

Brownfan80 on 12-29-2007 at 07:03 AM said:
That sucks. I'll make sure not to mod mine then.

u can get it repaired tho, i will do it as soon as i get some money tho, cause it cost like $80

Re: Re: Re: Re: Red Ring of Death? (360 Q)

Major A$$hole* on 12-28-2007 at 03:26 PM said:
You will have to recover it. Xboxlive.com gives instructions on how to do it. I can't belive they charge 100 bucks for the wireless adapter. What a ripoff.

hey ahole, did you get cod4? your name is not on my friends list anymore!

Jh on 12-28-2007 at 04:04 PM said:
When they first came out, my husband had 3 machines red ring on him. They sent him a postage paid box and it came back with no charge.

This one he's had for over a year now and no problems. Even COD4 and all the other games that y'all like to jack off to. If my husband is a Patriots widower, then I am an Xbox 360 live widow. You nerds kill me with that;) Although I can play Guitar Hero for 5 hours straight and there's no problem with that :)!

Yeah, but the controllers vibrate.

Brownfan80 on 12-28-2007 at 01:09 PM said:
Yeah, but the controllers vibrate.

I know, I know. But IYRC, I was not one of the women who is a fan of toys. So no dice ;)

Jh on 12-28-2007 at 04:11 PM said:
I know, I know. But IYRC, I was not one of the women who is a fan of toys. So no dice ;)

Bummer.

I'm in a different boat, however. :)

haha.

I still can't get over your eyes, btw. :thumb:

Brownfan80 on 12-28-2007 at 02:16 PM said:
The "red ring of death" is when the lights that are normally green on and around the power button turn red and your 360 no longer functions.

My original xbox died that way. But I'd had it for like four or five years at that point.

OH! We didn't get that. Just a couple of ruined games that cost about 70 bux each.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Red Ring of Death? (360 Q)

LVent* on 12-28-2007 at 04:08 PM said:
hey ahole, did you get cod4? your name is not on my friends list anymore!
Yes. I got it for Christmass. I'm Balido now. They made me change it a couple of months ago. Apparently some Jackoff found it offensive and complained about it.
Played it last nigh. Seems like fun. As of right now I'm limited to the first 3 playlists. I haven't unlocked the rest of them yet. I'll send you an invite when I see you playing. Remember that I don't use the comunicator (Too many 12 year olds on XBL made me throw it somehwere in the attic and I have no idea where it is anymore) so don't be offended if I don't respond.

pookie* on 12-28-2007 at 04:34 PM said:
OH! We didn't get that. Just a couple of ruined games that cost about 70 bux each.

Yeah, I know better than to move a system with a game inside. That was frowned on even back when I had a PS2.

In the booklet for that it said specifically not to even transfer the system from horizontal to vertical with a game inside, much less transporting it.

Ever since then I've always taken games out when I move a console around.

Okay, help me register here.. lol..

I looked through all the paper work and the only things I can find is some package where you have to pay sixty bucks to 'protect your investment', or some thing where it takes me to the xbox website and wants to link to my gametag etc (which I don't have yet)...

Where's just the old fashioned REGISTRATION page/form/etc?? Yeesh, I'm such a newb..

Ive had two RROD.
If I hadn't spent so much on games, extra controllers and otherstuff, I would switch over to Ps3. The games are finally getting decent and they have a very low fail rate.

The "red ring of daath" is overblown. I have had a console since the 1st day and never had a single problem.

Obviously there were some issues as MS extnded the warrenties. Many of the problems were that people put the things on carpet, blocked the vents or just put it some where it didn't get enough air.

Reviews for anything MS will always be unaccurate because you will always have Apple fans who don't own the product wrting reviews or "Know"many people who had a bad experience. "My friend has had 6 now MS SUCKS!!!! lol!"

Same thing goes for many that like the PS3 (and that goes both ways, read any review for the PS3 and you can tellmany are wrtten by 360 owners and vise versa)

I know 5 of my friends that have the 360 including myself. We have all had them either since launch day or close too it, so they all are initial launch consoles (definitely "1st gen") and none of us have had a single problem.

Back