Report: Jacobs family could buy NFL?s Buffalo Bills

UberDoober

Rocky Mtn One Eye
Reaction score
Report: Jacobs family could buy NFL’s Buffalo Bills

Could a New England Patriots division rival be purchased by the family of the Boston Bruins’ longtime owner?

<!-- DEBUG: Entering Related Content Process --><!-- DEBUG: Related links NOT found --><!-- DEBUG: Review type NOT found --> The Buffalo News is reporting that “highly placed sources” say the Jacobs family is leading the list of suitors to buy the NFL’s for-sale Buffalo Bills.

Jeremy Jacobs is the CEO of Buffalo-based Delaware North (a concession company) and owner of Boston Bruins.

However it seems such a purchase would be complicated due to NFL rules.

The Buffalo News reports the league prohibits teams from being sold to owners of other sports leagues’ franchises.

So, the News reports, it might make sense that one of Jacobs’ sons would pursue the Bills.
Could one or more of Jacobs' sons buy the Bills? If they divested themselves of any holdings in the Bruins and removed themselves from any position with that team, it's possible, an NFL source told The News. However, it would depend on an evaluation of the specifics of the deal, that source said.​
http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...JN/story.html?camp=rss:patriots&dlvrit=834382

So the Jacobs , Thump & Jon Bon Jovi are all trying to buy the bills. I wonder how much there it cost them. The browns were sold for a billion dollars.

Damn it Donald trump I hate spell check some times.

1) I don't think Trump has enough money to buy the team.

2) I hope he does, because he bought the New Jersey Generals in 1984, and the team folded a year later.

Not to mention Trump ruined the whole league because he's a moron. The NFL Owners aren't that stupid.

But by all means, I hope Trump somehow buys the team. It'll give me a reason to hate them again, rather than feel sorry for them. :coffee:

Sufferin' succotash!!!!

images

Exit, stage left!

Don't tell trump he can't afford the bills
What seemed like an innocuous comment by
Mark Cuban - about the Buffalo Bills no less - has triggered a war of words between the Mavericks owner and billionaire business magnate Donald Trump.
Cuban, never one to shy away when asked his opinion, was sought out recently by TMZ to comment on Trump's interest in buying the NFL's Buffalo Bills.
Said Cuban: "He can't afford them by himself. So it would be interesting to see what group he put together to buy them. It would make things interesting."
The Donald wasted no time responding to what he must have perceived as a slap at his net worth, telling TMS that:
"Mark Cuban is a lightweight whose net worth is a fraction of mine. He was rejected by baseball and probably plenty of others! By the way, the Dallas Mavericks deal is syndicated and his partners have been fighting him over poor management. While the Bills deal would be easily handled by me, if I chose to do it, almost all sports deals are syndicated.
"By the way, I watched him play golf and he is a total non-athlete – zero clubhead speed. He lives vicariously through his basketball players."
Not sure what golf has to do with anything, but Cuban fired back:
"Funny because I never golf. Never. 1x in my entire life. Donald, I'm glad you got the chance to watch me golf. Where? If you want to know the real story about my golf game, call my club, Dallas National and see what they have to say ..."

Only one way to settle this, check books at 10 paces.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...ban-donald-trump-verbally-sparring-on-tmz.ece

Don't tell trump he can't afford the bills
What seemed like an innocuous comment by
Mark Cuban - about the Buffalo Bills no less - has triggered a war of words between the Mavericks owner and billionaire business magnate Donald Trump.
Cuban, never one to shy away when asked his opinion, was sought out recently by TMZ to comment on Trump's interest in buying the NFL's Buffalo Bills.
Said Cuban: "He can't afford them by himself. So it would be interesting to see what group he put together to buy them. It would make things interesting."
The Donald wasted no time responding to what he must have perceived as a slap at his net worth, telling TMS that:
"Mark Cuban is a lightweight whose net worth is a fraction of mine. He was rejected by baseball and probably plenty of others! By the way, the Dallas Mavericks deal is syndicated and his partners have been fighting him over poor management. While the Bills deal would be easily handled by me, if I chose to do it, almost all sports deals are syndicated.
"By the way, I watched him play golf and he is a total non-athlete – zero clubhead speed. He lives vicariously through his basketball players."
Not sure what golf has to do with anything, but Cuban fired back:
"Funny because I never golf. Never. 1x in my entire life. Donald, I'm glad you got the chance to watch me golf. Where? If you want to know the real story about my golf game, call my club, Dallas National and see what they have to say ..."

Only one way to settle this, check books at 10 paces.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...ban-donald-trump-verbally-sparring-on-tmz.ece

These two ass clowns need to go into the ring. Although it wouldn't be all that entertaining.

I hope the NFL has a lot of Defibs at the ready during the league meetings when they discuss the Donald's bid to buy the Bills. Hopefully Trump's in the room so he can put a stop to all that laughin'!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/z1RC7QCQJvg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mark zuckerberg & bill gates can easily afford the bills. It's chump change to them.

Back