RIP Art Donovan

WisColtFan7

Oh, you didn't know?
Reaction score
Many remember him as Fatso, the Brooklyn-born old school NFL guy David Letterman would have on his show on occasion. Few remember he was a HOF DT for two Championship teams for the Colts back in 1958-59. However he's remembered, he was truly one of a kind, that left a number of great memories.

Hope they have some Schlitz on tap for you, Art. Safe travels!
Posted via Mobile Device

Many remember him as Fatso, the Brooklyn-born old school NFL guy David Letterman would have on his show on occasion. Few remember he was a HOF DT for two Championship teams for the Colts back in 1958-59. However he's remembered, he was truly one of a kind, that left a number of great memories.

Hope they have some Schlitz on tap for you, Art. Safe travels!
Posted via Mobile Device

Art and Ordell Braise did a radio talk show in the 70's on Monday nights after every Colts game in baltimore. It was at a local bar / restaurant in Cockeysville MD. It was sponsored by Miller beer, but everyone knew that when Art asked for another Miller, he was getting his Schlitz. The show was broadcast with the audience in the bar, so there was always a good round of laughter whenever he ordered a "Miller".

RIP Art.

RIP to a great football player and a great BC Eagle

When I heard of his passing I recalled a story I remember him telling about his days at Boston College. Then I checked his WIKI page and didn't see any mention of BC, so I figured I was recalling the wrong guy. (My memory is getting worse as I grow older)...

Anyway, it was a great story about guys on the football team weren't allowed to be paid, for football, but they were allowed to have jobs around campus to earn a little scratch. Anyway, Art's job at BC was to ensure that no one stole a granite bench that some alumni class had donated to the school. He got paid, so long as it was there. That it weighed about 3 tons and would need heavy equipment to move it from it's place was irrelevant. Art really could tell a story.

RIP Art

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7HDRLnoAY9E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MMNvBtQw3os" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back