Rodney Harrison responds to ?dirtiest player? label

Denism

Conas ata t?
Reaction score
Rodney Harrison responds to ‘dirtiest player’ label

When asked yesterday about ESPN.com’s recent poll naming him the NFL’s dirtiest player, Rodney Harrison [stats] sounded none too pleased.

The Patriots veteran safety is tired of the reputation.

When asked why he keeps getting tabbed with the label, which was determined by a poll of NFL head coaches, Harrison suggested the voters haven’t done their homework.

“They’re ignorant, they don’t know me,” Harrison said. “If you take the time to get to know Rodney Harrison the person, you would know that’s not my makeup, that’s not my personality. I play hard. It’s unfortunate that you have stigma like that, but what can you say? They crucified Jesus Christ too, so, and I’m not comparing myself to him, but people are going to say things, they’re going to slander you. You just have to take it and try to be the best person you can be, respectful. I think I’ve done that. Even out on the field, I’m not trying to hurt anyone. I’m just playing hard. Trust me. They probably want me on their team.”

Harrison drew two personal foul penalties last season. Seventeen players were flagged for more. The panel of 18 coaches, however, singled out the two-time Pro Bowler.

Does that bother him?

“It used to bother me, maybe earlier in my career,” Harrison said, “but it no longer bothers me because I know what type of person I am and what type of player I am and what type of father and husband I am, so it really doesn’t bother me what people think. I know who I am.”

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1110432&srvc=rss

lol if u can put ur homer glasses off, what u guys think, is he the dirtiest player in the game>)

btw - lol @ the jesus quote :)

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=2

lol if u can put ur homer glasses off, what u guys think, is he the dirtiest player in the game>)

btw - lol @ the jesus quote :)

It's really hard to say. When he was with the Chargers, Charger fans loved him and everyone else hated him. Now Patriots fans love him and everyone else hates him. :shrug: We don't really know what goes on in the piles, but I would assume that a lot of players DO think he's dirty, or else he wouldn't have that reputation. In the old days, though, they just called it, "playing through the whistle", and I'm sure Rodney's a choirboy compared to some of the guys in the 70s, who would squeeze your nuts or poke you in the eye in a pile.

Harrison would probably also top the list if the question were:

Which NFL player would you most like to play with and least like to play against?

To be that kind of player you have to play on the edge all the time and sometimes he's gone too far. In terms of cumulative penalties, he may well be one of the dirtiest, but I think there have been other players in recent years who have overstepped the line in a way which Rodney never would.

When it's all over Rodney should be voted into the HOF. But becaus of this medai driven rep, he probably won't be.

Well it does make sense. BB is God so its just natural that Rodney would be Jesus.

No, Brady would be Jesus. Given Rodney's rep, wouldn't he be Satan, technically a fallen angel?

Back