Roethlisberger / Bledsoe

spiderman

Reaction score
I noticed that when ole Ben is in the pocket and gets pressured he curls up in that standing fetal position much like Bledsoe, as opposed to side stepping or spinning out of there like Brady.

Don't get me wrong, he's quick in the open field, I'm talking strictly about his pocket presence. I like Ben and think he is and will be a good QB in the league, but I think that the more he plays, the more his weaknesses show.

I had a bad feeling about that first Steelers game for a number of reasons, one of those reasons was that Roethlisberger was a new QB, and Belicheck didn't have any footage of him. Much like his first time facing Pennington. He now seems to have Pennington figured out...I guess what I'm trying to say here, is that should the Pats and Steelers square off in the AFC Championship, regardless of where it is, I really like the Pats chances.

That would be magnificent if Drew was cloned....out with the old Drew and in with the new.

We need more Bledsoes out there!

2138munster.jpg

I have to admit, I was hoping the kid would f**k up last night. But he didn't. He was superb. Even though he only threw 17 passes, he was great when they needed him to throw.

I think BR (abreviated for obvious reasons) is the real deal. He has great touch on his throws and is excellent when he gets outside the pocket. He is deceivingly fast for his size. He's smart and he's mature, very composed in the pocket. In my opinion, he is a much more advanced QB than Drew Bledsoe was at this point in his career. That doesn't bode well for the comparison, considering that Bledsoe didn't really progress much throughout his career.

I'd take BR over Drew any day of the week and twice on Sunday............especially Sunday.

Being from near Miami University where Big Ben went to school, he doesn't go fetal. He might curl up while standing to protect the ball, but as soon as the guy hits him he is moving to escape using his size and strength.

He's not the next Bledsoe, he's the next Montana.

TJ Alphabet said:
Being from near Miami University where Big Ben went to school, he doesn't go fetal. He might curl up while standing to protect the ball, but as soon as the guy hits him he is moving to escape using his size and strength.

He's not the next Bledsoe, he's the next Montana.

Actually, the Montana thing has already been claimed by someone who plays in Foxboro. Maybe he's the next Eric Kramer.

Do you have a problem accepting the fact that Big Ben is the best QB to enter the NFL in years? Grow up!

TJ Alphabet said:
Do you have a problem accepting the fact that Big Ben is the best QB to enter the NFL in years? Grow up!

Tom Brady is better. Do you have a problem accepting that FACT??? Grow up!!! :4321:

Spinal Tap said:
Tom Brady is better. Do you have a problem accepting that FACT??? Grow up!!! :4321:

Slowly but surely, Brady is coming back to earth!

TJ Alphabet said:
How many years are we talking about? If you you are saying he's the best QB to enter the NFL this year, then you may be correct, but there are a plethora of young QBs doing more than Ben. I'll give Ben credit for one thing, he's not screwing up in games, unlike your last overhyped QB (Kordel). I just want to see a little more from him before I say he's going to Canton.
________
extreme q vaporizer

dchester said:
How many years are we talking about? If you you are saying he's the best QB to enter the NFL this year, then you may be correct, but there are a plethora of young QBs doing more than Ben. I'll give Ben credit for one thing, he's not screwing up in games, unlike your last overhyped QB (Kordel). I just want to see a little more from him before I say he's going to Canton.

That's a fair request. He hasn't exactly passed the test of time.

dchester said:

Uh jackass, who said Kordel didn't sucK? Certainly not me. I'm a Bengal's fan dumbass. I'm talking about the last two to three years. Name three quarterbacks in that period who are doing more than ben, yet alone a plethora....

I hate the fact that Big Ben went to a rival!

TJ Alphabet said:
Uh jackass, who said Kordel didn't sucK? Certainly not me. I'm a Bengal's fan dumbass. I'm talking about the last two to three years. Name three quarterbacks in that period who are doing more than ben, yet alone a plethora....

Well, I can tell that you're going to win this week's award for 'Poster most versatile at using variations of the word ass in a discussion'.

Congratulations!

Just to clarify, I wasn't arguing that Roethlisberger will be the next Bledsoe. I actually think Ben will have a lot of success in this league. I was simply pointing out that last night, whenever the pocket collapsed he seemed to go fetal (like Bledsoe) and this was the type of weakness that I figured Belicheck would sit up and notice...

As I stated, I was worried the last time the Pats played the Steelers (and rightly so) because Belicheck is the master of breaking down film, and Ben didn't have any...should they meet again, it will be different.

I site Chad Pennington as my evidence. Chad used to tear up the Pats until Belicheck figured him out...I remember late last year when the Defense picked him off about 4 times ala Peyton Manning.

And if he, "doesn't go fetal", he certainly did last night, on a few occasions.

Annihilus said:
Well, I can tell that you're going to win this week's award for 'Poster most versatile at using variations of the word ass in a discussion'.

Congratulations!

Hush you asshat o:) :4321:

How many post season games has Ben Rothwhatevah won?

TJ Alphabet said:

OK, if you're a Bengals fan dumbass, so be it. Although I think calling yourself a Bengal's fan and a dumbass is redundant.

David Carr, Byron Leftwich, and even Carson Palmer have passed for more yards than Ben (and they all play on much worse teams (especially Palmer)). Rothwhatever's numbers are more in line with another overhyped QB, named Vick. As far as who will end up becoming the best QB, time will tell. But before I get on the train, he'll actually have to win something more than a lousy AFC North division.
________
roor bong pictures

Lousy AFC North? Give me a break. There are 3 good teams in the AFC North....

Leftwich sure as hell isn't as good as Big Ben.

Palmer might be, but he isn't having the immediate effect on wins that Big Ben's leadership is. Ben vs. Carson will be a great rivalry for a long time.

Carr? No way in HELL he's as good as Ben.

How many post season games has Ben Rothwhatevah won?

TJ Alphabet said:
Lousy AFC North? Give me a break. There are 3 good teams in the AFC North....

Leftwich sure as hell isn't as good as Big Ben.

Palmer might be, but he isn't having the immediate effect on wins that Big Ben's leadership is. Ben vs. Carson will be a great rivalry for a long time.

Carr? No way in HELL he's as good as Ben.

Gee, so far in his rookie season? 2,276.5 What kind of dumb question is that?

How many have Carr, Leftwich, and Palmer won?

Spinal Tap said:
I have to admit, I was hoping the kid would f**k up last night. But he didn't. He was superb. Even though he only threw 17 passes, he was great when they needed him to throw.

I think BR (abreviated for obvious reasons) is the real deal. He has great touch on his throws and is excellent when he gets outside the pocket. He is deceivingly fast for his size. He's smart and he's mature, very composed in the pocket. In my opinion, he is a much more advanced QB than Drew Bledsoe was at this point in his career. That doesn't bode well for the comparison, considering that Bledsoe didn't really progress much throughout his career.

I'd take BR over Drew any day of the week and twice on Sunday............especially Sunday.

Okay, just so we're all clear on my opinion (if you care). But here is what I wrote earlier today. There ya go.

Back