Ron Borges

Thanks for sharing, but I for one will not click on a known Borges link - the scumwaffle should be sweeping out highway rest stops and not writing about football.

Box_O_Rocks on 01-04-2008 at 06:25 PM said:
Thanks for sharing, but I for one will not click on a known Borges link - the scumwaffle should be sweeping out highway rest stops and not writing about football.

I agree with you and yet fear that I will need some intervention to stop me from clicking that link.

Just gotta keep telling myself: "Greg Assterbrooke is a better sports writer and I don't read him. Greg Assterbrooke is a better sports writer and I don't read him. Greg Assterbrooke is a better sports writer and I don't read him...."

crew1954 on 01-04-2008 at 06:15 PM said:
New here so this may have been posted, but Borges actually wrote the following complimentary article about the Pats:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/AFC/AFC+East/New+England/Features/2007/borges2226.htm

Welcome, Crew. Just a heads up that the very mention of that individual is tantamount to setting off a collosal stink bomb around here. Not a popular guy and pretty much no readership in these parts. :( (You have doubtless figured as much by the responses you are getting . . .)

Bird cage liner material :thumb:

well I just read the article and Ronnie was respectful and not sarcastic, praising and not fawning of the Patriots' accomplishment of a perfect regular season

his emphasis was on as historic an achievement as it is, it should not be tied to winning the SuperBowl to be considered "The Perfect Season" --- as many of his mediot buddies are pushing

all-in-all (for Borges) a VERY FAIR PATRIOTS article IMHO

strange as sh!t though......not ONE mention of BB at all and NO aside of "it's The Players Title only and BB is The Debil" :shrug:

Re: Re: Ron Borges

oldbagfan on 01-04-2008 at 07:02 PM said:
Welcome, Crew. Just a heads up that the very mention of that individual is tantamount to setting off a collosal stink bomb around here. Not a popular guy and pretty much no readership in these parts. :( (You have doubtless figured as much by the responses you are getting . . .)

Bird cage liner material :thumb:

I have met the man and he is a bigger Ahole than many would even think ( which is difficult to fathom, I know).

That is why I think

a. he must be dying of cancer oir something and needs to make amends.

b. is selling himself to the national press as a Pats expert, and so needs to appear somewhat empathetic!

I vote b.

Re: Re: Re: Ron Borges

crew1954 on 01-04-2008 at 07:46 PM said:
I have met the man and he is a bigger Ahole than many would even think ( which is difficult to fathom, I know).

That is why I think

b. is selling himself to the national press as a Pats expert, and so needs to appear somewhat empathetic!

I vote b.

I caved in to the dark side and read the article and therefore agree with you on option b. But I would take it a step further. For some reason, this plagiarist hack misses writing for a certain NY owned Boston rag and wants his old job back.

Re: Re: Re: Ron Borges

crew1954 on 01-04-2008 at 07:46 PM said:

That is why I think

I vote b.
One of the nice things about PP is they don't get as many threats for copyright infringement. A work around when you want to share something from a miserable dweeb like Borges is you can post the link and cut & paste the story into the post - it gives him few hits.

RoadGrader on 01-04-2008 at 07:35 PM said:
well I just read the article and Ronnie was respectful and not sarcastic, praising and not fawning of the Patriots' accomplishment of a perfect regular season

his emphasis was on as historic an achievement as it is, it should not be tied to winning the SuperBowl to be considered "The Perfect Season" --- as many of his mediot buddies are pushing

strange as sh!t though......not ONE mention of BB at all and NO aside of "it's The Players Title only and BB is The Debil" :shrug:

Due to your great influence, RG, I too sucked it up and read the article. Shock! Not bad at all. Actually, I thought the best part was his description of the Giants' heroic attempt to slay the Dragon. I do think the team and their coach deserve major props for that (they weren't going to make the SB anyway).

So belated thanks, Crew.

RoadGrader on 01-04-2008 at 07:35 PM said:

Agreed. An excellent disingenuous effort at imitating a fair-minded sports journalist just for yucks. Or perhaps for more nefarious reasons. But wtfc?

Cheers, BostonTim

Back