Sammy Morris carrying the load.

groganfan

Troll killer
Reaction score
Not really a surprise, but I didn't really think about it when we first acquired him. It makes sense how we are using him. Watching how we use him, it's obvious he's a perfect replacement for Corey Dillon. I believe having the tandem between two backs gives us an advantage that some other teams don't have.

With our offense, you can have two backs at the same time, and the defense won't know which back will get the ball. Also, doing so, a back won't get warn out during the corse of the game. I think some teams like the Chargers, have a harder time of it, because they just have LT, and if he gets stopped, who do you have left to go to, and then you end up being one dimensional.

Only thing that sucks about it is if you have Maroney on your fantasy team.

Bushy T Beaver on 09-23-2007 at 11:06 AM said:
Only thing that sucks about it is if you have Maroney on your fantasy team.

However it doesn't suck if you have Morris.

Like some people do.

:D

groganfan on 09-23-2007 at 12:00 PM said:
Not really a surprise, but I didn't really think about it when we first acquired him. It makes sense how we are using him. Watching how we use him, it's obvious he's a perfect replacement for Corey Dillon. I believe having the tandem between two backs gives us an advantage that some other teams don't have.

With our offense, you can have two backs at the same time, and the defense won't know which back will get the ball. Also, doing so, a back won't get warn out during the corse of the game. I think some teams like the Chargers, have a harder time of it, because they just have LT, and if he gets stopped, who do you have left to go to, and then you end up being one dimensional.
Does the name Michael Turner (5.9 y/a) mean anything to you?

Re: Re: Sammy Morris carrying the load.

TipRoast on 09-23-2007 at 12:36 PM said:
Does the name Michael Turner (5.9 y/a) mean anything to you?

Ummm...who? :shrug:

lol. Your point makes a ton of sense except when you refer to San Diego. Turner could start for most teams in the NFL (as could Marion Barber FFS - I've been saying he's far better than Jones for a while now).

Good point, just better examples.

mooseontheloose on 09-23-2007 at 04:07 PM said:
lol. Your point makes a ton of sense except when you refer to San Diego. Turner could start for most teams in the NFL (as could Marion Barber FFS - I've been saying he's far better than Jones for a while now).

Good point, just better examples.

I probably could have come up with a better example, but I think I got my point across.

Annihilus* on 09-23-2007 at 12:27 PM said:
However it doesn't suck if you have Morris.

Like some people do.

:D

Especially when you pick him up on the week 1 waiver wire in a 14 team league... I haven't started him yet but he should be a good player to help me through some bye weeks....

Back