Saw Randy Moss today

DrewWho on 12-08-2007 at 05:31 PM said:
One player on the Steelers (sorry, can't remember who) said he is 'best friends' with Randy Moss. Just read that in an article. So it could have very well been a Steeler player.

As for meeting players. I've met alot of the Pats. I dated a girl who worked at the Dunkin Donuts on Rte 1 in the direction toward 495. Tom Brady was without a doubt the thrill of a lifetime for me. He came in with Koppen and Light and ordered a large hot chocolate and 4 cookies. He was very polite and gave a good tip. The girls behind the counter were dying and you could tell he was embarrassed and seemed a little uncomfortable with a few squeales. I have to admit, he is a very good looking guy and is alot taller and bigger (broader) than I would have thought.

I wondered why he didn't use the drive thru and all of a sudden more players showed up, sat for a few minutes and took off. They were in pretty good moods and seemed to have plans to follow each other somewhere.

The other players besides Koppen, Light and Brady were Cassel, Dave Thomas, Ben Watson, Kaczur, Josh Miller and Caldwell.

This is just way cool!! :p

One player on the Steelers (sorry, can't remember who) said he is 'best friends' with Randy Moss. Just read that in an article. So it could have very well been a Steeler player.

As for meeting players. I've met alot of the Pats. I dated a girl who worked at the Dunkin Donuts on Rte 1 in the direction toward 495. Tom Brady was without a doubt the thrill of a lifetime for me. ...The other players besides Koppen, Light and Brady were Cassel, Dave Thomas, Ben Watson, Kaczur, Josh Miller and Caldwell.
So, Drewwho, you just hung around your girlfriend's jobsite while she was working? :huh:

Is DrewWho in law enforcement?
If so that would explain him hanging around the Dunkin Donuts whether his girlfriend worked there or not.

Kerryman on 12-08-2007 at 06:59 PM said:
So, Drewwho, you just hung around your girlfriend's jobsite while she was working? :huh:

Well, at the time I was still in school (so was she) and I didn't have much cash to take her out so I would stop in and say hi with a few buddies. It was good for some free food and coffee. :thumb:

As for meeting players. I've met alot of the Pats. I dated a girl who worked at the Dunkin Donuts on Rte 1 in the direction toward 495. Tom Brady was without a doubt the thrill of a lifetime for me. He came in with Koppen and Light and ordered a large hot chocolate and 4 cookies. He was very polite and gave a good tip. The girls behind the counter were dying and you could tell he was embarrassed and seemed a little uncomfortable with a few squeales. I have to admit, he is a very good looking guy and is alot taller and bigger (broader) than I would have thought.

I wondered why he didn't use the drive thru and all of a sudden more players showed up, sat for a few minutes and took off. They were in pretty good moods and seemed to have plans to follow each other somewhere.

The other players besides Koppen, Light and Brady were Cassel, Dave Thomas, Ben Watson, Kaczur, Josh Miller and Caldwell.

are his eyes as big in person?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Saw Randy Moss today

EasyBigFella* on 12-08-2007 at 02:55 PM said:
If he was wearing Steeler gear, it probably wasn't a player. I remember reading the NFL has some sort of rule against wearing team colors in public due to security issues. Isn't Moss from West Virginia? Maybe it was a relative or friend from WVA who happens to be a Steeler fan.

Also, if I read the time stamp on the initial post correctly, the dinner would have occurred on Thursday night.

I don't think the Steelers would have traveled on Thursday for a Sunday afternoon game

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Saw Randy Moss today

O_P_T on 12-09-2007 at 12:18 PM said:
Also, if I read the time stamp on the initial post correctly, the dinner would have occurred on Thursday night.

I don't think the Steelers would have traveled on Thursday for a Sunday afternoon game

Wow! That's some fancy sleuthing! Are you perchance a gumshoe in "real life"?

Chances are that was my son-in-law, my oldest daughter's husband, with Randy. He was visiting for the game since he's a Steeler's fan. That comes from his time spent in Pennsylvania where his dad worked for a while. Pat (son-in-law's name) lives in Jacksonville, FL now where he works for CSX Railroad. He and Randy are close in age and have become pretty good friends.

Randy's oldest daughter was also up for the game but she flew up yesterday I think and back tonight on Randy's plane so as to not miss any school.

Frank in SA on 12-09-2007 at 09:45 PM said:
. . . but she flew up yesterday I think and back tonight on Randy's plane so as to not miss any school.

Randy's PLANE! Yikes. If the guy owns his own plane, no wonder he wasn't fretting about his salary!

It was wonderful to see that big ol s-eating grin on THE REAL 81's smiling face yesterday. I don't care what kind of bad press the guy has received - he's a HERO in my book! :pat:

Frank in SA on 12-09-2007 at 09:45 PM said:
Chances are that was my son-in-law, my oldest daughter's husband, with Randy. He was visiting for the game since he's a Steeler's fan. That comes from his time spent in Pennsylvania where his dad worked for a while. Pat (son-in-law's name) lives in Jacksonville, FL now where he works for CSX Railroad. He and Randy are close in age and have become pretty good friends.

Randy's oldest daughter was also up for the game but she flew up yesterday I think and back tonight on Randy's plane so as to not miss any school.

Frank, it's great to know that we can always depend on you to give us all the inside info. Just think, we got this scoop and the gossip queens from the Herald missed it entirely. :D

Little bit more:

If it was a Thursday night I may be incorrect that the person with Randy was my son-in-law because Pat flew up from Jacksonville on Friday morning. Akrobatik can you tell us for sure what day it was? I'm just curious!

I've been on Randy's plane but never flown on it. My wife's car keys did fly once since she left them on there when Sydney was flying back to Kentucky after a visit to Charlotte when we were there (and got a chance to check out the plane)! But we just had to wait about an hour and a half for the plane to return to get them back. Ah, the ease of private flying!

I talked to my daughter, Sydney's mom, last night just before she was heading to the airport to pick up Sydney. Sydney got to meet Tom Brady, got a kiss on the cheek and an autographed hat and an autographed football from him. I would have loved to have seen that kiss on the cheek! Sydney is 13 but normally very cool and non-reactive. Just wonder if that was true in this case!

Frank in SA on 12-10-2007 at 09:43 AM said:
Little bit more:

If it was a Thursday night I may be incorrect that the person with Randy was my son-in-law because Pat flew up from Jacksonville on Friday morning. Akrobatik can you tell us for sure what day it was? I'm just curious!

I've been on Randy's plane but never flown on it. My wife's car keys did fly once since she left them on there when Sydney was flying back to Kentucky after a visit to Charlotte when we were there (and got a chance to check out the plane)! But we just had to wait about an hour and a half for the plane to return to get them back. Ah, the ease of private flying!

I talked to my daughter, Sydney's mom, last night just before she was heading to the airport to pick up Sydney. Sydney got to meet Tom Brady, got a kiss on the cheek and an autographed hat and an autographed football from him. I would have loved to have seen that kiss on the cheek! Sydney is 13 but normally very cool and non-reactive. Just wonder if that was true in this case!

Nice to hear the personal side of things Frank. Too often people forget that these are guys with families and with their own private lives.

I'm hoping for a a new touchdown record for Randy and much more. He's been a pleasure to watch this year.

DrewWho on 12-08-2007 at 10:07 PM said:
Well, at the time I was still in school (so was she) and I didn't have much cash to take her out so I would stop in and say hi with a few buddies. It was good for some free food and coffee. :thumb:

I'll buy that. Had my older-brother filter on there, Drewwho, and was picturing you in your 30s hanging around your 18-yr-old girlfriend's job.

Back