Simmons is a Pats homer

raven

unicorns and showponies
Reaction score
but I found this accurate ( and funny!)

Thumbs up:
To Tom Brady, who has the same look on his face that Uma Thurman had after she left the hospital in "Kill Bill." I don't think he's cracked a smile since the Denver game: No more magazine covers, very few interviews, very few public appearances … just a lot of lifting, throwing and scowling for nine straight months. The man is possessed. You have to believe me. And wait until you see how they perfected the two-tight end gimmick. Load up on the run and they send the big guys downfield. Play the pass and they chip away for four yards a pop with Dillon and Maroney. And did I mention that a pissed off Brady will be doing the audibling at the line? It's like an unstoppable Madden offense sprung to life. Throw in an easy schedule and you can put the Pats down for 11-12 wins, even without Deion Branch (who dropped a number of big catches last season, by the way). I know, I know, you think I'm biased. Just wait.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060906

Cletusaurus said:
Hey, SOMEONE has to show the Patriots some love in the media!

Huh? I guess you don't watch ESPN. That network is the biggest Patriot ball washer you'll ever watch or read.

dashoe said:
Huh? I guess you don't watch ESPN. That network is the biggest Patriot ball washer you'll ever watch or read.

They have to be to make up for all the time they spend polishing MFY gnads all through the season.

dashoe said:

That was the joke, nitwit. Simmons is from Boston. ESPN talks about and ball washes your team just as much as they do the Pats. Let's not kid ourselves here.

1. Why are their comments and opinions so important anyways?

2. Whatever happened to formulating you own opinions and observations, instead of being reliant upon what they say?

3. Why is it that everything these so called "experts" say is the holy grail?

4. Why do people get so upset when pundit 'A' says he/she thinks the Dolphins will beat out the Pats for the AFC East, for instance?

This should probably be a whole separate thread, but I think these are valid questions. It's only for "sake of argument", and it's only TV - entertainment, dashoe. I guess you believe everything you read too, huh? I mean, the Colts were stupid for taking Manning over Leaf right? Wrong! But some of these very "talking heads" thought that, because it created an interesting conversation, argument, debate, and (well after the fact) controversy and second guessing. That's how it works, deal with it.

They're entitled to their opinions, take it for what it's worth. You don't have to always agree, but it's interesting to hear what they have to say. The way I look at it, is, at least they're talking about football.

Well, since this is all in good fun, this is what he says about the Colts:

Thumbs down:

To everyone picking the Colts to win the Super Bowl. Really, we have to go through this every season? They choke every January, Manning walks off the field in shock, we all agree they can never win the Super Bowl, Skip Bayless' face turns dark maroon talking about it on Monday morning's "Cold Pizza" … and then nine months pass and it's almost like the NFL brainwashed us to forget what happened. I mean, Peyton Manning could be 63 and walking around with a colostomy bag and Peter King would still be claiming that this will be his season. Give it up. It's not happening. If anything, he's one more January collapse from going A-Rod on us.

What the hell does "Going A-Rod on us" mean? Is this some inside joke that he just threw in to remind Dead Sox fans of the teams 15 minutes?

Tiberian said:
What the hell does "Going A-Rod on us" mean? Is this some inside joke that he just threw in to remind Dead Sox fans of the teams 15 minutes?
A-Rod is known now for turning into a babbling fool when pressure is on, I disagree with that statement when A-Rod is brought up but not with Peyton, it all started back in October of 2004 yankees up 3 games to nil (zero for you non soccer fans) and the collapse of the Evil empire

prior to that he was alright, but after girlie slapping Bronson's Arm on that famous lipstick looking photo, his name was mud

Tiberian said:

Colts mortgage the farm to re sign PayMeaTon ....not unlike the Yankee's paying A rod a boat load 3 yrs ago

What do these 2 things have in common?

Cornholio self destructs in the playoffs

and A hole self destructs under any pressure what so ever.

This article is a gas. Simmons has the best approach of any of the writers. Some of his stuff is certain to be wrong but, he will at least make it entertaining.

Tiberian said:
*Red Sox

It should be fairly evident, A-Rod is half the player he used to be this year. The pressure of NY appears to be eating him alive long-term. With every choke on national TV Peyton gets closer to that.

P.S.
Get your motor running
Head out on the highway...

Damn, I was hoping you guys wouldn't see that article... :rolleyes:

Ah well... twill just be all the sweeter when Peyton finally does win one! LOTS of people will be eating crow then!

(and yes, I'll be here to dish it out!) ;)

cka203 said:
Damn, I was hoping you guys wouldn't see that article... :rolleyes:

Ah well... twill just be all the sweeter when Peyton finally does win one! LOTS of people will be eating crow then!

(and yes, I'll be here to dish it out!) ;)

Ok.

We'll be here.

cka203 said:
Ah well... twill just be all the sweeter when Peyton finally does win one!

Just one?

And what the hell is a "twill?"

131242.jpg

"In fact, let's just get to the big Super Bowl pick and call it a day. I narrowed it down to eight teams that could win it: New England, Indianapolis, Denver, Carolina, Dallas, Philly, Chicago and Miami. Nobody else made sense."

Wow, that's pretty disrespectful to Pittsburgh right there. I bet he just left them off because he couldn't think of a good reason to cross them off.

Back