SoxPlanet

PatsFanDan

Reaction score
Can someone tell me if registration is disabled for SoxPlanet? I keep getting a message that registration has been disabled by the admin and have not received any response from the email I sent about the issue.

Sorry, I got your email, but didn't have a chance to do anything until now. You should be able to register now.

It has been reported to UT and he will fix the problem when he has a chance.

The Sox could use a pitcher maybe ?

Bill ‘Spaceman’ Lee pitched a complete game on Thursday at age 65
Rick Chandler
Aug 24, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
9 Comments

billlee.jpg

Out: Roger Clemens pitching at age 50. In: Bill “Spaceman” Lee pitching at age 65.

You remember Lee, who won 119 games over 14 seasons with the Red Sox and Expos, and has one of the most well-deserved nicknames in sports. He’s now a member of the San Rafael Pacifics of the independent North American League. And apparently this is no publicity stunt — Lee threw a complete game on Thursday, going nine innings in the Pacifics’ 9-4 win over Maui Na Koa Ikaika of Hawaii. Lee had signed a contract with the Pacifics earlier that day.

According to the Pacifics, Lee is the oldest pitcher to win a professional game … breaking his own record when he won a game in Massachusetts in 2010 at age 63.

Lee threw his famous Leephus pitch for strikes on occasion, blooping it in nice and slow, and then following up with fastballs. His pitch count for the night: 94, with 69 for strikes, although he struck out no one.

“He threw 100 pitches in batting practice” on Wednesday, said former Dodger Mike Marshallk,, the manager of the Pacifics. “He’s the only guy the whole season to go all nine, and the rest of these guys are in their 20s.”

http://nbcoutofbounds.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/billlee.jpg?w=229

I'm very sorry.

I just can't access what I need to at work to look at it.

It should be back up, some plugins may not work. Quick fix, will look deeper later.

Sorry it took so long.

https://twitter.com/FoxBusiness
<s>@</s>FoxBusiness: Breaking: Red Sox owners quietly mulling sale of storied baseball franchise. Potential price: $1.3 billion.

So all the recent salary dumps have more meaning than ever.

I heard Sean McAdams and Mazz both say they wouldn't be surprised if a sale were being contemplated right after that trade. McAdams first brought up John Henry's lowering interest in the club during spring training.

today Henry claims Luchino re-signed (happy anni) and they are not interested in selling the team.

however it never hurts to get a value of the team and Henry admitted he was shocked the Dodgers sold for twice what he estimated. so in my opinion he is crazy for not seeing the value in case someone offers him too much.

plus if Baseball is worth twice Soccer in terms of money to be made then twice the time should be invested in it.

today Henry claims Luchino re-signed (happy anni) and they are not interested in selling the team.

however it never hurts to get a value of the team and Henry admitted he was shocked the Dodgers sold for twice what he estimated. so in my opinion he is crazy for not seeing the value in case someone offers him too much.

plus if Baseball is worth twice Soccer in terms of money to be made then twice the time should be invested in it.

Was the thought that Henry would sell the Red Sox so he could move to Liverpool and spend more time with his "other" team???

Back