Stat are for Losers

BostonTim

IIWII
Reaction score
Show us your favorite stats.

Tom Brady and Joe Montana are tied exactly in career losses w/47 each. Tom has 43 (2 complete seasons plus 11 games) more wins (160-117).

Wih stats like these I have to keep reminding myself that he's a system quarterback, never to be mentioned in the same breath as Joe Cool.

Cheers, BostonTim

Peyton Manning, 11/13 in playoff games. Nine one and dones.

Cheers, BostonTim

The Patriots are 49-1 under Bill Belichick when they have a 100-yd rusher.

They're 66-7 all-time when rushing for more than 200 yds as a team. :coffee:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...he-nfl-has-a-winning-record-against-tom-brady

There's no team in the NFL that can say they have a winning record against Tom Brady. Thanks to Sunday's win over Denver, Brady now has a .500 or better regular-season record against all 31 other teams.

The Patriots' 43-21 win over the Broncos gives Brady a 5-5 career regular-season record against Denver, one of only five teams that even has a .500 record against Brady. Arizona (1-1), Carolina (2-2), San Francisco (1-1) and Seattle (1-1) are the other four teams besides the Broncos that have a .500 record against Brady.
<figure>
Tom-Brady-winning-record-all-teams.jpg
<figcaption>The sign seems to be right. Tom Brady is unstoppable. (USATSI) </figcaption></figure>To put Brady's feat in perspective, Peyton Manning has a losing record against five teams, including a 6-13 record against the Patriots (3-9 vs. Brady in the regular season). Then there's Brett Favre, who had a losing record against seven teams in his career.

The most impressive part of the record is probably the fact that Brady is undefeated against seven other teams. In his 15-year career, Brady has never lost to Atlanta (4-0), Chicago (4-0), Dallas (3-0), Jacksonville (4-0), Minnesota (4-0), Philadelphia (3-0) or Tampa Bay (3-0).

Brady has a 23-2 career record against the Bills, making Buffalo the team he's beaten the most. The non-divisional team that Brady has beaten the most is the Colts (8-3).

If a team does end up moving to London or Los Angeles during Brady's career, he'll probably also beat them.

The Patriots are 49-1 under Bill Belichick when they have a 100-yd rusher.

They're 66-7 all-time when rushing for more than 200 yds as a team. :coffee:

I imagine you could insert any team into the rushing for more than 200 yards and get a similar record. I am however surprised that we only had 50 games with a 100 yard rusher.

I imagine you could insert any team into the rushing for more than 200 yards and get a similar record. I am however surprised that we only had 50 games with a 100 yard rusher.

I was too, but then you think about it, and you only had Corey Dillon for three years, and in the 15 years under Belichick, they only had 3 RBs over 1100 yds. in a season (Dillon 1635 yds in 2004, Ridley 1263 yds in 2012, and A. Smith 1157 yds in 2001). Benjarvus JAG-Ellis was the only other back to run for 1000 yds under Belichick (1008 in 2010).

For comparison, Curtis Martin ran for over 1150 yds all three years he was with NE. :coffee:

I imagine you could insert any team into the rushing for more than 200 yards and get a similar record.

Not sure. 98%? Lot's of teams with great running backs. How many have records anywhere near the Pats? 80-85% ok. 98%, I doubt it very much. To lazy though to figure it out.

But for example (anecdotal and mostly useless, but...), In 2012 The Vikings went 5-4 in Games where AP hit 100 yds. This nwas his 2000 yard season and many of his 100+ games were more like 100+++++.

Cheers, BostonTim

I imagine you could insert any team into the rushing for more than 200 yards and get a similar record.

Not sure. 98%? Lot's of teams with great running backs. How many have records anywhere near the Pats? 80-85% ok. 98%, I doubt it very much. Too lazy though to figure it out.

But for example (anecdotal and mostly useless, but...), In 2012 The Vikings went 5-4 in Games where AP hit 100 yds. This nwas his 2000 yard season and many of his 100+ games were more like 100+++++.

Cheers, BostonTim

Not sure. 98%? Lot's of teams with great running backs. How many have records anywhere near the Pats? 80-85% ok. 98%, I doubt it very much. To lazy though to figure it out.

Cheers, BostonTim

Vikings have not had a good Qb in years, so not surprising. I could see Peterson getting 100 and the vikes losing very easy. If the pats run for 100 usually they are pretty well ahead, so the record is pretty telling. In fact I kinda want to look up the game they had 200 yards and lost.

I was too, but then you think about it, and you only had Corey Dillon for three years, and in the 15 years under Belichick, they only had 3 RBs over 1100 yds. in a season (Dillon 1635 yds in 2004, Ridley 1263 yds in 2012, and A. Smith 1157 yds in 2001). Benjarvus JAG-Ellis was the only other back to run for 1000 yds under Belichick (1008 in 2010).

For comparison, Curtis Martin ran for over 1150 yds all three years he was with NE. :coffee:

Is it a change in style or just back luck with running backs? The pats for the most part run a lot late in games when they are ahead (despite the criers of running up the score) A patriots team with balance is almost unbeatable.

I misread the post previously. Sorry and please disregard.

But as to the comparion of Bill's record with 100 yards versus Pat's all time with 200 yards I took it to mean "look at what Bill did with just 100 yards compared to what everyone else did with 200".

Cheers

Is it a change in style or just back luck with running backs? The pats for the most part run a lot late in games when they are ahead (despite the criers of running up the score) A patriots team with balance is almost unbeatable.

It's that he can throw 2-3 B-/C+ RBs at you, and get similar production as most teams with one good one.

That's why there aren't that many 100 yd rushers. That's not to say the Patriots don't run for 100 ypg. They usually do, last year was a major outlier.

Tom's next regular season wins sets all-time record for wins with one team. Currently tied at 160 with Favruh.

Cheers

I just noticed that Sunday will be Tommy's 100th straight start.

Don't know if any other QB has ever hsd 2 separate 100 game start streaks.

He now holds tthe 7th AND the ninth longest QB streaks.

And on it goes.

Cheers, BostonTim

Tom Brady and Joe Montana are tied exactly in career losses w/47 each. Tom has 43 (2 complete seasons plus 11 games) more wins (160-117).

Wih stats like these I have to keep reminding myself that he's a system quarterback, never to be mentioned in the same breath as Joe Cool.

Cheers, BostonTim

the stats

My favorite stat...well it is more of a milestone is Tom Brady has played in 29 play-off games. He is tied with Jerry Rice for 2nd. Only Adam Vinatieri has more with 30.

Peyton Manning, 11/13 in playoff games. Nine one and dones.

And some of the most memorable game ending, choking dog moment interceptions in league history.

IIRC he was the #1 or #2 seed in 6 of those one and dones. He was coming off a bye week and was at home against a lower seed. Not even in the same universe as Brady.

Pats were scorelees in the 1st quarter opening night vs Steelers. They've scored in 17 consequetive quarters since.

Cheers

Peyton Manning is second leading this season in interceptions.

Back