Streaming Boston Sports Radio

patfan64

Generally Aware
Reaction score
Sirius XM has become way too expensive (they want $500 for two cars plus phones/other devices)

I've been listening to WEEI in the morning instead of Morning Men on Mad Dog Radio and that show is hard to listen to.

I see that 98.5 the Sports Hub has a streaming option. I may try that on the way home today.

IIRC - I couldn't get the Sox games on WEEI streaming. Not sure if there are blackout restrictions or what.

Does anyone have a viable alternative to satellite? I'm in Western CT and refuse to listen to WFAN.

Sirius XM has become way too expensive (they want $500 for two cars plus phones/other devices)

I've been listening to WEEI in the morning instead of Morning Men on Mad Dog Radio and that show is hard to listen to.

I see that 98.5 the Sports Hub has a streaming option. I may try that on the way home today.

IIRC - I couldn't get the Sox games on WEEI streaming. Not sure if there are blackout restrictions or what.

Does anyone have a viable alternative to satellite? I'm in Western CT and refuse to listen to WFAN.

Yeah. Blocked. The leagues won't let any team stream the games.

Cheers

You can get Sox games live online on reddit for free.

The MLB website has a pay service where you can listen to all the games for relatively short money and you can choose the home or away broadcasts. It's in the app also.

I can't stand it when the morning guys on EEI go off on a tangent / start arguing. I used to listen, but now more often than not I just change the channel, checking back in every once in a while to see if they are done. Its like listening to five year olds go on a "mommy i want" rant. It was even worse when Minihane was there.

I'm not paying for satellite radio, so unfortunately, where i am (southern RI) the only real option for sports talk is WEEI or WFAN. Can't get the sports hub down here.

I can't stand it when the morning guys on EEI go off on a tangent / start arguing. I used to listen, but now more often than not I just change the channel, checking back in every once in a while to see if they are done. Its like listening to five year olds go on a "mommy i want" rant. It was even worse when Minihane was there.

I'm not paying for satellite radio, so unfortunately, where i am (southern RI) the only real option for sports talk is WEEI or WFAN. Can't get the sports hub down here.

No internet?

Phone app for 98.5.

No internet?

Phone app for 98.5.

I could on the phone... defeats the purpose of the radio in the car though, lol.

cant listen in the office on a regular basis... thats frowned upon

tbh, eei is only really bad when tomase is there or the five year old kid is on (the one who dissed Brady's kid) ... then it usually gets into politics and the left vs the right... ugh :suicide:

I could on the phone... defeats the purpose of the radio in the car though, lol.

cant listen in the office on a regular basis... thats frowned upon

tbh, eei is only really bad when tomase is there or the five year old kid is on (the one who dissed Brady's kid) ... then it usually gets into politics and the left vs the right... ugh :suicide:

Problem is they have one of those a-holes on every am

I still havent forgiven Tomase ... never will either ... hes a turd

i cant believe eei would hire him... or any new england sports related business

I still havent forgiven Tomase ... never will either ... hes a turd

i cant believe eei would hire him... or any new england sports related business

Couldn't agree more.

Given the quality level of Boston Sports radio you're better off listening to music.

Back