Suggestion and questions box (or Ask the Clown)

Speaking as someone who thinks looking my best is a shower and clean clothes every day, WTF JL. If you showed up at a party at my place dressed to the nines, the worst you could expect is where are you going after this. No matter who the person is, the value in the person has little to do with what you wear (as long as it is clean, IMO). I put much more value in the person, not the persona.

LOL. That has been my point the entire time. I don't dress to the nines, like ever, I just dress appropriately to the situation.

And I was clear and honest when I said I would spend my life with my best friend if she would have me despite the way she dresses.

Hell, I'm sitting here in swim shorts and a polo shirt that looks ridiculous together and I don't care and will likely wear this all night. :rofl:

My point is why would anyone not want to look their best in a given situation?

I just don't get it.

My point is why would anyone not want to look their best in a given situation?

I just don't get it.
I'll answer this for myself. Comfort and practicality are more important to me than how something looks. I've always been more function than form.

I'll answer this for myself. Comfort and practicality are more important to me than how something looks. I've always been more function than form.

Oh, I am too but function definitely comes to play with, me I just can't picture being awarded any contracts if I showed up to give an estimate in Daisy Dukes and a half shirt. :rofl:

I guess I just don't understand the anger on a subject that is really personal preference.

I remember hitting the ballet at the Wang Center with my Melissa a long time ago after dinner at the Top of Hub in Boston.

Me in a suit and her in an evening gown. The old lady running the coat check room almost fell to her knees and was so pleased to see anyone, particularly young people dressed appropriately she felt it was a sign of respect for what we were entering. I can't disagree with her on that one.

No one asked, but I've needed to help several users on this because ignore works different on Xenforo and seems to work better.

The biggest thing is if you have someone on ignore, you won't see any threads started by them. Even if you know the link to the thread, you may not be able to even access it.

This isn't because I've done anything to block you from a thread.

There are two ways to handle this if you want to see those threads.

1) Take the user off ignore.
2) Go to the preferences section of your profile, and then the ignore section, and make sure this box is NOT checked...

Screenshot_20210829-172524_Brave - Beta.jpg

As you can see, when you uncheck it, you should be presented a link to reveal ignored posts.

Now, as far as threads started by ignored users, when you list all the threads in a forum, there should now be a link at the very bottom of all the threads, on the right hand side, to show the threads started by ignored users. That should let you access the thread while still hiding the ignored user's posts.

I hope this helps.

I want to add to this that when helping people with this ignore stuff, many have been surprised they had someone on ignore. I don't know if it was a legacy thing from the migration or even a bug from it, but it's probably worth it to check your profile and make sure you are ignoring only whom you want to. I have no visibility into whom you ignore.

Back