Suggestion and questions box (or Ask the Clown)

Why can't non members see the politics&religion forum anymore?

I addressed this in the orangemane thread located here, but it's a long read...

Because of the nature of hosting a political forum in these times, my price to keep it is civility and it is now a members only forum.

Some people still don't get the civility part unfortunately. We lose users because of the really unnecessary condensencion. And they are putting a forum they clearly enjoy in danger.

8/25/2021
When will you be creating your own crypto currency for this site?

Hah. I barely understand how it works. I used to think I knew how bitcoin worked, but now I'm not so sure of even that. There is a lot of reading to do.

But if we did, they should probably be named after a user.

Like RG's or something.

Hmm, well I brought my husband to a seafood place, Captain George, in Virginia Beach a long time ago. We went with my sister and hubby.

Only one problem, I didn't know he was allergic shellfish

Neither did he apparently. LOL

We had to race down the strip mall trying to find him Benadryl before he passed out and worse.

Growing up in the state with the best lobster and seafood, it gets no better.
heading to a Maine beach tomorrow. I have a jumbo lobster roll in mind :)

8/26/2021
Do you think if we had the members do a pole dance we could get more members to the forum?

Wouldn't hurt to try. Perhaps post a poll/pole about it?

ALL QUESTIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN THE PROPER FORM, THE SUGGESTION BOX, DUMMIES!

ALL QUESTIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN THE PROPER FORM, THE SUGGESTION BOX, DUMMIES!

So did the clown just forget to switch out of his Baron persona and back to his UT persona with the above post?

Are they one and the same on the other side of the monitor?

:coffee:

Last edited:
So did the clown just forget to switch out of his Baron persona and back to his UT persona with th above post?

Are they one and the same on the other side of the monitor?

:coffee:

Never. I hate clowns.

We were just there. Lobster prices are ridiculous.
Yeah they are. Every year, I try to make at least one trip out to the coastal area (several this year), and usually go to one of the well known places like Woodman's of Essex.

Went this year and we got 2 1.5lbs lobsters and I think 3lbs of steamers. My eyes nearly fell out of my head as I was presented the bill. Won't be getting that meal again this year.

8/26/2021
Do you believe in Candyman?

Had to internet search and the most common result was a 1992 film...

Skeptical graduate student Helen Lyle (Virginia Madsen) befriends Anne-Marie McCoy (Vanessa Williams) while researching superstitions in a housing project on Chicago's Near North Side. From Anne-Marie, Helen learns about the Candyman (Tony Todd), a knife-wielding figure of urban legend that some of her neighbors believe to be responsible for a recent murder. After a mysterious man matching the Candyman's description begins stalking her, Helen comes to fear that the legend may be all too real.

And in answer, I will say I do, but the one I'm familiar with drove a white panel van and offered candy for free. Such a nice man.

Has your site been hacked? I can't get on the site on my phone...it doesn't trust PP.
Only wanted to to see some of the twitter vids as my computer browaer is too ancient to play them.

Everyday, it's something else.

Had to internet search and the most common result was a 1992 film...

Skeptical graduate student Helen Lyle (Virginia Madsen) befriends Anne-Marie McCoy (Vanessa Williams) while researching superstitions in a housing project on Chicago's Near North Side. From Anne-Marie, Helen learns about the Candyman (Tony Todd), a knife-wielding figure of urban legend that some of her neighbors believe to be responsible for a recent murder. After a mysterious man matching the Candyman's description begins stalking her, Helen comes to fear that the legend may be all too real.

And in answer, I will say I do, but the one I'm familiar with drove a white panel van and offered candy for free. Such a nice man.

:) I remember those scare stories in the late 70s and early 80s when I was a kid about a clown in a panel van handing out candy with designs on abduction, rape, and murder.

I also remember the school and local authorities pushing a narrative to us 3rd graders about evil drug dealers that want to kill us with harmless-looking looking Mickey Mouse stickers laced with LSD.

The nature of these scare tactics are quite clear to me now and they were utter crap in order to pursue an agenda, a good one at heart, but the misinformation was more destructive than any existential threat.

:) I remember those scare stories in the late 70s and early 80s when I was a kid about a clown in a panel van handing out candy with designs on abduction, rape, and murder.

I also remember the school and local authorities pushing a narrative to us 3rd graders about evil drug dealers that want to kill us with harmless-looking looking Mickey Mouse stickers laced with LSD.

The nature of these scare tactics are quite clear to me now and they were utter crap in order to pursue an agenda, a good one at heart, but the misinformation was more destructive than any existential threat.

On that note, I was told last night that Candyman is being rebooted. Actually, looking quite forward to this.

I, for one, even in 3rd grade was actively hoping someone would offer me a Mickey Mouse sticker. :rofl:

On that note, I was told last night that Candyman is being rebooted. Actually, looking quite forward to this.

I, for one, even in 3rd grade was actively hoping someone would offer me a Mickey Mouse sticker.

Has your site been hacked? I can't get on the site on my phone...it doesn't trust PP.
Only wanted to to see some of the twitter vids as my computer browaer is too ancient to play them.

Everyday, it's something else.
Not that I am aware of. I have full HTTPS authentication on my mobile.

Back