Suggestion and questions box (or Ask the Clown)

8/25/2021
Thank you for the rep and point answers. Is it possible to do a negative rep? I know that befoer you could. Just curious.

It's possible, but not currently configured so. One thing I wanted to try and do probably a decade ago now is be able to use the rep system so that established members could use it to down vote a troll and eventually automatically assclown him or something.

But it's never been robust enough for that to work. A 'dislike' is configured to give 0 points.

8/25/2021
Do you have some members/memberless members who are your favorites?

Not so much. I am not a fan of superlatives. I couldn't tell you my favorite movie for example.

But there are users that come along that you know just 'get it'. They get what the Planet is about and help to steer it in a positive direction and very rarely are the cause of any drama. A board's culture is not something that can be done with moderator buttons. The culture is determined by the membership.

So I'm grateful for every member that helps to make this a fun community for Patriots fans and am amazed we are still going all these years later. Not possible without great members.

Oh, there was that thread where I did announce who my favorite poster was. It tricked quite a few people. Even though it was a joke thread, the sentiment was true. That mod no longer works.

My favorite poster is [you].

The best way in my mind to prepare anything that comes outta the ocean is to boil it with a brick, season well, throw out the seafood and eat the brick.

Yeah, I am one weirdass New Englander who finds no seafood of any type not palatable. :rofl:

I've got a number of friends in the midwest that would like to off me at times cuz they would kill for the fresh seafood available to us right off the boat. Lol

Going lobstering tomorrow for the first time as an adventure, who wants my catch, have no idea what I'm gonna do with it. :)

Last edited:
I grew up not liking seafood, but my pallette changed. Don't know if it was smoking or diet change or both, but now I love quite a bit of it, especially lobstah.

_________

Main screen on.

You!

8/25/2021
I have been a Planeteer since 2005 and I have seen the face of every single Mod -- but yours -- during this time on these pages don't you think it's high time you make your time and show yourself?

Every one? Are you sure?

Anyway, heavens no. I would not subject you to that. Could be worse than Piggie's moobs pic.

All your pics are belong to us.

The best way in my mind to prepare anything that comes outta the ocean is to boil it with a brick, season well, throw out the seafood and eat the brick.

Yeah, I am one weirdass New Englander who finds no seafood of any type palatable. :rofl:

I've got a number of friends that would like to off me at times cuz they would kill for the fresh seafood available to us right off the boat. Lol

Going lobstering tomorrow for the first time as an adventure, who wants my catch, have no idea what I'm gonna do with it. :)
Hmm, well I brought my husband to a seafood place, Captain George, in Virginia Beach a long time ago. We went with my sister and hubby.

Only one problem, I didn't know he was allergic shellfish

Neither did he apparently. LOL

We had to race down the strip mall trying to find him Benadryl before he passed out and worse.

Growing up in the state with the best lobster and seafood, it gets no better.

Yeah, I am one weirdass New Englander who finds no seafood of any type palatable. :rofl:
Bad day at black rock. Been with you for years now But you just lost me. :sad95:

Bad day at black rock. Been with you for years now But you just lost me. :sad95:

:rofl: It may not be all as bad as to have you questioning my sanity/

The distaste for it likely stems from being very allergic to shellfish when I was a kid and just never really ventured into seafood as whole because of it.

I'm not allergic to it anymore and did make bacon wrapped scallips once many years ago and while very tasty, for some reason the 1 beer I drank had me me taking a leak all day. Lol

I just chalk it up to bad experiences. :)

:rofl: It may not be all as bad as to have you questioning my sanity/

The distaste for it likely stems from being very allergic to shellfish when I was a kid and just never really ventured into seafood as whole because of it.

I'm not allergic to it anymore and did make bacon wrapped scallips once many years ago and while very tasty, for some reason the 1 beer I drank had me me taking a leak all day. Lol

How do you become NOT ALLERGIC to it anymore? I keep telling hubby that I wish he wasn't so since he would so love insert whatever seafood I am eating at the time

:rofl: It may not be all as bad as to have you questioning my sanity.

I'm not allergic to it anymore and did make bacon wrapped scallips once many years ago and while very tasty, for some reason the 1 beer I drank had me taking a leak all day. Lol

How do you become NOT ALLERGIC to it anymore? I keep telling hubby that I wish he wasn't so since he would so love insert whatever seafood I am eating at the time
My kids pediatrician told me I could prick my kid 80 times or I can wait 8 years and see if his hormones change. I had alleries as a kid then didnt for years but theyre back lol.

~Dee~

8/25/2021
Do you have any pets? If so what kind? Name?
Yes. Two cats. Grey tabby and a Torti. They were Hurricane Katrina rescues. I have had dogs too.
8/25/2021
Do you live under the sea in a pineapple?
No, my pants are not square. But it is pretty wet down here, Richie.
8/25/2021
if someone is eloquent and loquacious, are they eloquentacious?
No, it means they talk too much.

Honestly, I had a mass amount of allergies and seasonal asthma as a kid andmd I just grew out of em.

The closest I can come to a rational answer is that my my wonderful pediatrician who was my doctor til I was 30 :rofl: had the idea our body chemistry tends to change change every 7 years. Whether this us true or not I don't know, I just know have no allergies or asthma anymore at 49 and haven't for many years. My brother to his age of 60 is still deathly allergic to shellfish, so who knows.

I didn't do any thing to fix it, it just worked out that way.

I wish I could be of more help, hun.

Honestly, I had a mass amount of allergies and seasonal asthma as a kid andmd I just grew out of em.

The closest I can come to a rational answer is that my my wonderful pediatrician who was my doctor til I was 30 :rofl: had the idea our body chemistry tends to change change every 7 years. Whether this us true or not I don't know, I just know have no allergies or asthma anymore at 49 and haven't for many years. My brother to his age of 60 is still deathly allergic to shellfish, so who knows.

I didn't do any thing to fix it, it just worked out that way.

I wish I could be of more help, hun.
Gosh I want to 🤣 and press the like emoji.

UT is it possible for us to use more than one emoji for a post we like? Or can it be made to be possible?

Back