Superbowl 50 prediction thread - what you want to happen, what will happen

Looks like your classic "agree to disagree" moment. :wave:

Me, I'm not real sure but I wouldn't put anything past them post DG.

Cheers, BostonTim

Sports is just a game...I refuse to let it bother me anymore. Life is much more important to me than just a game.

But, when refs come out and admit their shenanigans...sum ting is ding dong.

Also, the SG/DG allegations are perfect examples.

Nothing shocks me anymore.

I absolutely do believe that they can fix games...all you need to see is the Steelers Seahawks superbowl. That's a smoking gun.

how is it possible to reconcile this belief with the pats winning it all last year and deflategate?

there were a ton of times in last years playoff run where one more call could have changed the outcome and screwed the pats out of a lombardi.

its either one or the other, either its fixed and the pats are the big beneficiary or its not and you are mistaking incompetent officiating with game fixing.

how is it possible to reconcile this belief with the pats winning it all last year and deflategate?

there were a ton of times in last years playoff run where one more call could have changed the outcome and screwed the pats out of a lombardi.

its either one or the other, either its fixed and the pats are the big beneficiary or its not and you are mistaking incompetent officiating with game fixing.

It's entirely possible that the Pats are on the favorable side of the fix...where did I say otherwise? :shrug_n:

If you get mugged and the cops tell you that nothing happened to you...do you believe them and just accept it?

I don't know if this analogy works, but I'll play:

I remember SB XL being a poorly officiated game. It was horrible. I also remember the Steelers making plays and scoring TDs, one being a trick play involving a former QB in Randel El and Hines Ward. The Seattle coaching staff should have been ready and aware for that play at that time in that field position. It was obvious to me anyways and Holmgren's forgotten more football than I know. I remember Seattle doing an awful lot of complaining, from aforementioned Holmgren to players and fans included, and not so much their team making very many plays despite BB7 having one of the worst SB performances in history. I remember the TV drowning out the pro Steelers crowd as it was a virtual home game for them too. It was a factor.

Seattle fans did a lot of yapping and complaining last year too. The only one that didn't was their coach and took responsibility. Fans have a lot of trouble looking at their own team in the mirror after a loss and instead point fingers and make excuses. The NFL likes fans that think like this, it makes for better soap opera and creates controversy. Seattle didn't lose SB XL because of the refs. They lost because they were too busy complaining and lost their composure. They didn't stop the Steelers when they had to, and they didn't convert on offense when it was paramount for them to do so. Many calls went against them, no doubt, but that doesn't explain the fix.

A "fixed game" can have several different meanings involving a lot of people keeping stories consistent. Who were the refs in cohorts with? Disgruntled Ref? How much credibility does this ref have? Gambler? NFL Brass? Did the NFL want the Steelers to win? I don't think much of America wanted them to win. What was the point spread in that game? When I see the accusation of a fixed game, I immediately think gambling racket. If the games are fixed, how do the villain Patriots win amid all that deflategate crap last year? Nobody wanted them in the SB last year either, nevermind win it. I'm sure Roger Goodell was thrilled to hand Kraft the Lombardi. :coffee:

You cite 1 article (bleacher report), and 1 game in 50 years of Super Bowls yet 100s of 1000s of games have been played and based on that 1 game it's all fixed? How? I agree that SB XL was a horribly officiated game, but the Seahawks made no plays in that game despite having a prolific passing attack, best RB and OL in the NFL, and a SB winning head coach.

I'm not trying to stir trouble, I just think it's kind of a crazy statement to say the game is fixed. Blanket statement and not many examples or reasons cited. I mean, if you want to go back to SB III, the NFL wanted nothing to do with the AFL winning that game, yet the Jets won. Do people think that game was fixed too? Today's NFL fan is all about excuses and assigning blame rather than taking responsibility and being accountable. The NFL wants you to believe the conspiracy exists and they thrive on it. They'll stop at nothing to fire up the masses. The last thing the NFL wants is a 15 year dominance by 1 team, yet they have it in the New England Patriots.

I have nothing at all against the Panthers or Cam but I'd love to see a Broncos win and Peyton retiring as SB champ.

This should be a good game. No way do the Broncos get stomped like many of you want. The Broncos have a great defense. That will be huge. I think they have plenty of speed to keep Cam down. The Panthers will load the box (ha load the box) and bait Manning to throw. He is more than capable to do that. I still question if the Panthers are head strong. Is the big game too much for them? I think it will be. I believe they implode. One thing to remember, everything Elway touches, turns to gold. After the debacle that was Superbowl 48 and the next season where the Broncos were killed by the Colts, Elway said he would build a strong team that wont go down with a fight. This is that team. They will be ready to win, whatever it takes.

Broncos -30
Panthers-24

I don't know if this analogy works, but I'll play:

I remember SB XL being a poorly officiated game. It was horrible. I also remember the Steelers making plays and scoring TDs, one being a trick play involving a former QB in Randel El and Hines Ward. The Seattle coaching staff should have been ready and aware for that play at that time in that field position. It was obvious to me anyways and Holmgren's forgotten more football than I know. I remember Seattle doing an awful lot of complaining, from aforementioned Holmgren to players and fans included, and not so much their team making very many plays despite BB7 having one of the worst SB performances in history. I remember the TV drowning out the pro Steelers crowd as it was a virtual home game for them too. It was a factor.

Seattle fans did a lot of yapping and complaining last year too. The only one that didn't was their coach and took responsibility. Fans have a lot of trouble looking at their own team in the mirror after a loss and instead point fingers and make excuses. The NFL likes fans that think like this, it makes for better soap opera and creates controversy. Seattle didn't lose SB XL because of the refs. They lost because they were too busy complaining and lost their composure. They didn't stop the Steelers when they had to, and they didn't convert on offense when it was paramount for them to do so. Many calls went against them, no doubt, but that doesn't explain the fix.

A "fixed game" can have several different meanings involving a lot of people keeping stories consistent. Who were the refs in cohorts with? Disgruntled Ref? How much credibility does this ref have? Gambler? NFL Brass? Did the NFL want the Steelers to win? I don't think much of America wanted them to win. What was the point spread in that game? When I see the accusation of a fixed game, I immediately think gambling racket. If the games are fixed, how do the villain Patriots win amid all that deflategate crap last year? Nobody wanted them in the SB last year either, nevermind win it. I'm sure Roger Goodell was thrilled to hand Kraft the Lombardi. :coffee:

You cite 1 article (bleacher report), and 1 game in 50 years of Super Bowls yet 100s of 1000s of games have been played and based on that 1 game it's all fixed? How? I agree that SB XL was a horribly officiated game, but the Seahawks made no plays in that game despite having a prolific passing attack, best RB and OL in the NFL, and a SB winning head coach.

I'm not trying to stir trouble, I just think it's kind of a crazy statement to say the game is fixed. Blanket statement and not many examples or reasons cited. I mean, if you want to go back to SB III, the NFL wanted nothing to do with the AFL winning that game, yet the Jets won. Do people think that game was fixed too? Today's NFL fan is all about excuses and assigning blame rather than taking responsibility and being accountable. The NFL wants you to believe the conspiracy exists and they thrive on it. They'll stop at nothing to fire up the masses. The last thing the NFL wants is a 15 year dominance by 1 team, yet they have it in the New England Patriots.

We are merely spectators...yet we act like we matter (12's as an example).

You can believe what you wish...I can have my own viewpoint too.

Magick is all about sleight of hand though...and all that jazz. :coffee:

The players have to still play the game. The refs can rig the game though. Big Ben's touchdown wasn't a touchdown. And the Seahawks Jackson caught a touchdown, but, was called back for whatever trivial reason that it was.

Gambling is much too big of a huge business not to have games rigged.

And some games favor the Pats, and others go against the Pats.

We are merely spectators...yet we act like we matter (12's as an example).

You can believe what you wish...I can have my own viewpoint too.

Magick is all about sleight of hand though...and all that jazz. :coffee:

The players have to still play the game. The refs can rig the game though. Big Ben's touchdown wasn't a touchdown. And the Seahawks Jackson caught a touchdown, but, was called back for whatever trivial reason that it was.

Gambling is much too big of a huge business not to have games rigged.

And some games favor the Pats, and others go against the Pats.
Wouldn't this mean the Broncos will win? If everyone is putting money on the Panthers...

Manning is going to have the game of his career, as he completes 200% of his throws for a 316.6 passer rating. These numbers have been independently verified by the League and are true. He is really is the GOAT.

Miller, Wolfe, Ware etc will have 80 sacks of Cam Newton. Unsuspiciously, he will be called for a number of holding penalties whilst being the runner. When he unreasonably complains, the refs will rightly flag him for Unsportsmanlike.

I could go on but the All-time Great Broncos will put 104 points on the Panthers an it will be a SmackDown way worse than any gomezcat punishment video.

Want the Panthers to win by utter annihilation ala SB48.

Think the Panthers are gonna win by at least two TDs.

What I want: Panthers 49 - Denver 0 (including 2 Peyton P6s)
What I think: Panthers 24 - Denver 16

Back