Superbowl 50 prediction thread - what you want to happen, what will happen

Broncos came back from 14 down 2 or 3 times

Not against a defense as good as the Panthers. :coffee:

60863637.jpg

Ok, smart ass. Denver never trailed so tell me exactly when the Denver offense had to come back from 14 down against the Panthers.

Denver had 11 drives of less than 10 yds. Denver recovered a fumble in the end zone for 7 pts and another fumble inside the 10 for another 7 of their points. The Panthers defense played very well. The Panthers' offensive mistakes cost the Panthers the game. Peyton's 9.9 QBR is further proof as is 14 total first downs for Denver. Denver had 2 good drives: 1 to start the game and 1 on their first possession of the 2nd half. Both led to FGs. Other than those 2, Denver did squat.

Ok, smart ass. Denver never trailed so tell me exactly when the Denver offense had to come back from 14 down against the Panthers.

Denver had 11 drives of less than 10 yds. Denver recovered a fumble in the end zone for 7 pts and another fumble inside the 10 for another 7 of their points. The Panthers defense played very well. The Panthers' offensive mistakes cost the Panthers the game. Peyton's 9.9 QBR is further proof as is 14 total first downs for Denver. Denver had 2 good drives: 1 to start the game and 1 on their first possession of the 2nd half. Both led to FGs. Other than those 2, Denver did squat.

Except win!

Denver's defense won the game; the win had nothing to do with Denver's putrid offense or Carolina's defense. That was my point.

Against both the Patriots and Panthers, the Broncos came out guns on fire offensively, then when they got ahead, went totally conservative. It is if the Broncos coaches knew their defense would stop two of the best QBs in the NFL cold. And they did. That was old time football. This is a joke, but I wouldn't have been surprised to see the Broncos punt on third down to keep from making a mistake and make the opponent earn the points.

Against both the Patriots and Panthers, the Broncos came out guns on fire offensively, then when they got ahead, went totally conservative. It is if the Broncos coaches knew their defense would stop two of the best QBs in the NFL cold. And they did. That was old time football. This is a joke, but I wouldn't have been surprised to see the Broncos punt on third down to keep from making a mistake and make the opponent earn the points.

You are free to believe what you want to believe.

Guns on fire...really. For 2 FGs? Wow. I'm impressed.

Back