Superbowl 50 prediction thread - what you want to happen, what will happen

This should be a good game. No way do the Broncos get stomped like many of you want. The Broncos have a great defense. That will be huge. I think they have plenty of speed to keep Cam down. The Panthers will load the box (ha load the box) and bait Manning to throw. He is more than capable to do that. I still question if the Panthers are head strong. Is the big game too much for them? I think it will be. I believe they implode. One thing to remember, everything Elway touches, turns to gold. After the debacle that was Superbowl 48 and the next season where the Broncos were killed by the Colts, Elway said he would build a strong team that wont go down with a fight. This is that team. They will be ready to win, whatever it takes.

Broncos -30
Panthers-24

That seems to be a lot of points scored against the #1 and #2 ranked defenses this year by the #6 (Car) and #18 (Den) offenses.

AZ had the 4th ranked offense and managed only 15 pts against Car.
The Broncos should do better than 15 pts since AZ had horrible QB play, but 30 pts against the Panthers' D with Manning at QB? Maybe with Mannihgh though.

That seems to be a lot of points scored against the #1 and #2 ranked defenses this year by the #6 (Car) and #18 (Den) offenses.

AZ had the 4th ranked offense and managed only 15 pts against Car.
The Broncos should do better than 15 pts since AZ had horrible QB play, but 30 pts against the Panthers' D with Manning at QB? Maybe with Mannihgh though.

You're right, but the Broncos defense will be disruptive and cause short fields for the Broncos. And while you can never predict a defensive TD, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Broncos D score.

Denver's D was strong in the playoffs, but with a significant home field advantage, they still barely eked out wins against the Steelers (missing their best rusher and receiver) and the Pats (with a hobbled offensive line).

The Panthers will present them with a much more explosive offense and an even better defense. If Carolina jumps out to a lead, as they repeatedly have, then Denver will rely more heavily on Peyton passing, which is when his mistakes happen.

Denver's D will prevent a blowout, but I think their team is outgunned.

Panthers - 31
Broncos - 18

Couldn't give a rat's ass about this game. I work nights so I will be sleeping during the day and working during the game.

Blow-out like two years ago would be nice. Best non-Pats Super Bowl I ever watched! :)

Tight game 'til second half and if the Panthers don't let down like they've done before this season, pulling away for two-TD lead and the win.

Lots of Manning* face! :manning:

31-17 Panthers

Panthers will jump out to an early lead and it wont be much of a contest from there. Although it would be awesome, I dont see as much of a beat down as two years ago, but a man can dream.

31-17 Panthers

Panthers will jump out to an early lead and it wont be much of a contest from there. Although it would be awesome, I dont see as much of a beat down as two years ago, but a man can dream.

Broncos came back from 14 down 2 or 3 times

I've been a fan of Luke Kuechly since he was a freshman at BC. I used to just focus on him and was amazed at his ability to diagnose plays and and knife through the chaff to get to the ballcarrier and that was from the time he stepped on the field.

I prayed the Pats would end up with him and laughed at concerns prior to the draft that he wasn't big enough or particularly athletic which was a fairly common opinion at the time. Anyhow, by 10PM tonight everybody is going to get a chance to see just how smart and how great a player he really is along with his partner Thomas Davis, who is damn near as good as Luke. They cover for each other like a well-oiled machine.

Luke Kuechly will be the MVP of this Super Bowl and will have a pick 6. I'm rooting for Carolina just to see him get a ring.

Really hoping the Panthers blow out the Broncos just to remind the world that Peyton can't hold TFB's jockstrap in terms of performances in the Super Bowl.

Obviously I'd love a panther blowout.
Certainly possible but thinking a 7-10 pt win for Carolina.

If they are up 20 at the half it will be excellent

What do I want to see?

Vaughn Miller carried off on a stretcher. Could quite possibly be the single player I hate the most in NFL history...and I had the "pleasure" of having a front row seat to Ray Lewis's whole career. Once in my entire 40+ years of watching football have I cheered an injury, and that was when Michael Irvin got dropped on his head in Philly. Seeing somebody fvck Vaughn Miller similarly up would give me the same level of satisfaction.

...if that happens I truly don't give a shit who wins.

I want to see Cam Newton play the best game of his life and lead the Panthers to a resounding victory, and Cam being humble post game to cement his rise as both a QB and a man.

I am afraid the Broncos defense will dominate the game like they did against a better offense in the Patriots, and confuse and beat up Cam, like they did against a better QB in TB. The Panthers receivers cannot carry the Pats' receivers' jockstrap, and the Panthers have no defensive brain like BB in their house. IF the Panthers stay in zone they will make it easy on Manning to cut them to pieces.

I want to see Cam Newton play the best game of his life and lead the Panthers to a resounding victory, and Cam being humble post game to cement his rise as both a QB and a man.

I am afraid the Broncos defense will dominate the game like they did against a better offense in the Patriots, and confuse and beat up Cam, like they did against a better QB in TB. The Panthers receivers cannot carry the Pats' receivers' jockstrap, and the Panthers have no defensive brain like BB in their house. IF the Panthers stay in zone they will make it easy on Manning to cut them to pieces.

Good call on Broncs D, the O didn't do much that the D didn't hand to them but overall you nailed it.

Not against a defense as good as the Panthers. :coffee:
60863637.jpg

Back