TD Pass to Hogan

The Pats may have been without two All Pros and three other Probowlers, (Brady, Gronk, Solder, Volmer, and Ninko) but the biggest missing piece was the Cards #2 CB, lost to a knee in pre-season. The Card s coaches didn't protect him, and Polo exploited his replacement.

Possibly, but the reason that BB is the GOAT coach is that he not only knows what the other teams weakness is and attacks it, but is able to mask his own weakness to a large extent.

Think back to the 2004 playoffs. The Pats had lost Ty Law and had Troy Brown and the immortal Earthwind Moreland, among others, filling in as DB's.

They beat the "High Powered" Colts, a team that didn't even have to punt the previous week in the Wild Card round, 20 - 3, with that secondary.

Possibly, but the reason that BB is the GOAT coach is that he not only knows what the other teams weakness is and attacks it, but is able to mask his own weakness to a large extent.

Think back to the 2004 playoffs. The Pats had lost Ty Law and had Troy Brown and the immortal Earthwind Moreland, among others, filling in as DB's.

They beat the "High Powered" Colts, a team that didn't even have to punt the previous week in the Wild Card round, 20 - 3, with that secondary.
Give credit where it's due. We also had Hank Poteat.

I'm in the "I hate when people use 'game manager' as a negative" camp.
Having a calm demeanor and knowing how to handle situations were two huge reasons TB impressed me as a young'un. JG too. He had the one delay of game blunder, but otherwise managed the game well.

Exactly.

When Brady replaced Bledsoe the thing people forget is that he didn't have the arm he later developed and seldom threw downfield, but he immediately showed attention to detail like perfect clock management and could move the sticks with the dink n' dunk.

We used an early Charlie Weis form of the current offense that was predicated on short passes-- notably a lot of screens to Troy Brown, but after watching Bledsoe getting 3 and outs on the regular, I recall that Brady was sweet relief to watch.

Jimmy is a relative gunslinger compared to the early days of Brady, but he did seem to have things under decent control as well.

Exactly.

When Brady replaced Bledsoe the thing people forget is that he didn't have the arm he later developed and seldom threw downfield, but he immediately showed attention to detail like perfect clock management and could move the sticks with the dink n' dunk.

We used an early Charlie Weis form of the current offense that was predicated on short passes-- notably a lot of screens to Troy Brown, but after watching Bledsoe getting 3 and outs on the regular, I recall that Brady was sweet relief to watch.

Jimmy is a relative gunslinger compared to the early days of Brady, but he did seem to have things under decent control as well.

sustaining drives and getting the ball out quickly was the big difference between brady/bledsoe, bledsoe was just too slow making reads(thus the constant harping on the OL that went away as soon as brady showed up)

JG seems to be in the same mold as brady, but its early and defenses do not have enough film on him to find his weaknesses yet. the key will be how he responds when they take away what he likes

Back