TD Pass to Hogan

O_P_T

Why Be Normal
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this was mentioned in the game thread, but I thought it was worth noting.

The TV broadcast had a close-up of Jimmy G's face pre-snap.

You could see him look downfield and see the single high safety. He then looked to the left and saw Hogan 1 on 1 with the rookie CB.

Jimmy's eyes got real big as he recognized the match-up and then immediately looked to his right, and kept his view pointed that way to look off the safety.

Once the ball was snapped he quickly looked back to his left and hit Hogan for the TD.

To me, that showed that he's been well coached and understands the game.

First he recognized the match-up and knew that he could exploit it for a big pass play.

Second he didn't stare down Hogan and draw the safety to that side of the field. Many young QB's would do that but he didn't.

All in all, Well done laddie

Biggest play of the game was converting that 3rd and 15

Clutch city

Finally saw it. A thing of absolute beauty. Watched the first half and then watched the highlight film, by FAR my favorite play of the game. Tells you all you need to know about this kid. He's a starter in this league, and will be a good one when his time comes.

Finally saw it. A thing of absolute beauty. Watched the first half and then watched the highlight film, by FAR my favorite play of the game. Tells you all you need to know about this kid. He's a starter in this league, and will be a good one when his time comes.

Will he continue as a Patriot?

10/16 on 3rd down conversions too

That is a really good sign. Really good

At one point he was 8/8 IIRC

Will he continue as a Patriot?

You mean after this season? Not sure. As good as he looked on the road shorthanded against a team that's supposed to be a legit SB contender...what do you think the potential is for him with the next 3 at home against the Little Sisters of the Poor? A lot of us (myself included) thought maybe 2-2, realistically 3-1 with AZ being a loss. All bets are off now.

If he goes 4-0 and looks solid doing it, he's going to be worth a king's ransom in picks.

you'd love to see him in orange and blue...wouldn't you

Puns like that make me think you've gone off the rails.

Admit it, my friend, as puns go, it's pretty good or not bad or terrible if you're in the "I hate puns" camp.

Cheers

Admit it, my friend, as puns go, it's pretty good or not bad or terrible if you're in the "I hate puns" camp.

Cheers

It certainly met all my expectations.

ba0d674e1dfb3011b5ab6d5c1935dac8a564aad3ba3acbdfc65c655533a62c66_1.jpg

I'm in the "I hate when people use 'game manager' as a negative" camp.
Having a calm demeanor and knowing how to handle situations were two huge reasons TB impressed me as a young'un. JG too. He had the one delay of game blunder, but otherwise managed the game well.

I'm not sure if this was mentioned in the game thread, but I thought it was worth noting.

The TV broadcast had a close-up of Jimmy G's face pre-snap.

You could see him look downfield and see the single high safety. He then looked to the left and saw Hogan 1 on 1 with the rookie CB.

Jimmy's eyes got real big as he recognized the match-up and then immediately looked to his right, and kept his view pointed that way to look off the safety.

Once the ball was snapped he quickly looked back to his left and hit Hogan for the TD.

To me, that showed that he's been well coached and understands the game.

First he recognized the match-up and knew that he could exploit it for a big pass play.

Second he didn't stare down Hogan and draw the safety to that side of the field. Many young QB's would do that but he didn't.

All in all, Well done laddie

The Pats may have been without two All Pros and three other Probowlers, (Brady, Gronk, Solder, Volmer, and Ninko) but the biggest missing piece was the Cards #2 CB, lost to a knee in pre-season. The Card s coaches didn't protect him, and Polo exploited his replacement.

The Pats may have been without two All Pros and three other Probowlers, (Brady, Gronk, Solder, Volmer, and Ninko) but the biggest missing piece was the Cards #2 CB, lost to a knee in pre-season. The Card s coaches didn't protect him, and Polo exploited his replacement.

How exactly does one good corner trump two HOFers and three pro-bowlers??? :huh:

Cheers, BostonTim

Back