Teams who pay top 3 money to a postition will not win

rivshark86

Reaction score
I just wanted to make this point, and this is a big reason I'm a pats fan. Living in VA we don't have a team. I was listening to Steven A the other day (and I'm not gonna lie, for espn radio I like him a lot more than lebatard, or any of the others) and he was venting about how Mack and Donald havnt been signed to quarterback money for five year deal, and they are top players and absolutely deserve it. It made me wonder, but at what expense? What mid level players have to eat a shit deal so they can get QB money? The raiders def sucked last year. So is Making Mack a top five paid defensive player worth gutting future of that side of the ball? Then I started wondering to myself...... what was the last team that won a super bowl that had a top five paid WR? Was it Denver with Thomas? Not even sure about that. Other than that I can't think of one. Then I thought about other positions, and the big contracts handed out over the years. Then reading another thread here today, someone was wondering where the Rams were coming up with all this money... it just made me feel happy to be cheering for a team that knows that football isn't basketball. It takes a full roster, and guys you dont hear about on espn to constantly win. It's why teams who pick at the end of the draft have a leg up. Cause your not overpaying for one year of production for one top end player. Better to have a roster of B- guys than a roster of A guys and D guys. But what super bowl winning team has had a guy on it making top five cash for his position? It doesn't happen. It's made me question Steven A. The way he says it's a problem that Mack isn't getting paid, I hate saying this but the way he speaks of gruden, it almost makes me wonder if he doesn't there is a deeper negative reason he's not getting paid.. Maybe I'm looking to deep into it. But if they gave Mack that money it would come at the expense of someone else. I think if Mack sits out that def still has a chance to improve. So I guess what I'm trying to say is just that I think NFL players on the top end relative to the salary cap get paid to much, and it hurts the depth of the team, and also hurts the income of quality mid level players. It's a big reason I cheer for New England. Because they keep guys like James White at reasonable contracts vs overpaying one guy when it take 50 plus guys to build quality team. This is probably an unnecessary rant, but even though B.B. does stuff like bench butler when the def is getting torched, he has a good general philosophy that is absolutely right when it comes to paying people. I gues what I'm saying is I don't think any team paying anyone top three money willwill consistently win in this league. A prime example is the Vikings with cousins. They have a one year window to win the super bowl. Afterwards that def can't be held together. Or the Bree's contracts a few years ago. What have Wilson, Rodgers, or Flaco done since their big deals? Jeez I'm rambling

Well, I will start by saying there just aren't that many guys in the league like Brady. Aaron Rogers wants his money. Drew Brees wants his money. They are at the top of their game and they want to be paid like it. Top defensive guys like Mack and Donald want to be paid too. Who can blame them?

The value and the management of that value of a player, players or a team full of players is a tricky thing.

Lets face it, getting a top player on your roster is difficult enough. They don't come along every day. Neither does a team full of B- guys. That is the trick. If you have a top guy you surround him with pieces that compliment him...if you can. Just because you want to do it doesn't mean you will do it or it can or will happen. Add injuries to the mix and any planning of substance is little more than a puff of smoke.

Roster management is among the most difficult aspects of team ownership, GMs and a coaches job.

Back in 1998-99, or there abouts when Denver reached two SBs, a story finally came out about Shannahan cheating on the salary cap in order to afford the quality players.

The payout to top tier players is only really justified if management believes that it won't cripple the team in future years. Sadly, if you're a fan, that's difficult to do consistently. When a team is able to keep a balance between paying players and being faithful financially to the future, then they will have solved the thorny issue of the salary cap.

But youse still gotta win!

Kraft is paying TB12...and letting him have office space around the stadium. And the voodoo doctor connection.

That stuff adds up...

Who really knows how much Kraft pays Brady "in other ways"...

This also goes for other teams as well.

:shrug_n:

Kraft is paying TB12...and letting him have office space around the stadium. And the voodoo doctor connection.

That stuff adds up...

Dude, shush you trying to get the team in trouble?

That stuff adds up...

I disagree.

I’d be willing to bet a mortgage payment he’s paying the going rate per sq foot. It’s too easy to get busted.

I disagree.

I’d be willing to bet a mortgage payment he’s paying the going rate per sq foot. It’s too easy to get busted.

Private bank account in some tropical offshore island...or maybe Switzerland.

I'm sure Krafty treats his other son very well... :thumb:

Private bank account in some tropical offshore island...or maybe Switzerland.

I'm sure Krafty treats his other son very well... :thumb:

For the only team in league history to be penalized multiple 1st rounders?

Next offense likely multi picks/mult yrs?

Possible forced ownership removal?

No way.

I don't believe it is happening behind the scenes.

I expect it they did it, it would be in your face. TB could lend his name to Patriot Place for some advertising/promotional things that would enrich him but I haven't heard anything about that. If it was happening the blood sucking weasels over at the globe would be shouting it from the heavens if it was true and even louder if it was a rumor.

I don't believe it is happening behind the scenes.

I expect it they did it, it would be in your face. TB could lend his name to Patriot Place for some advertising/promotional things that would enrich him but I haven't heard anything about that. If it was happening the blood sucking weasels over at the globe would be shouting it from the heavens if it was true and even louder if it was a rumor.

They could have had an agreement and do it after Brady retires. It's not that hard to come up with creative business contracts.

I know people who buy businesses and pay none of their own money...flip them for much more using unique strategies that in many cases for No Money Down... and even walk away with cash in their pocket.

The point though is, Kraft will help Brady beyond the NFL. Kraft IS very well connected in business and will show Brady the ropes. That alone is invaluable.

They could have had an agreement and do it after Brady retires. It's not that hard to come up with creative business contracts.

I know people who buy businesses and pay none of their own money...flip them for much more using unique strategies that in many cases for No Money Down... and even walk away with cash in their pocket.

The point though is, Kraft will help Brady beyond the NFL. Kraft IS very well connected in business and will show Brady the ropes. That alone is invaluable.

That could definitely have been talked about. Bring him back in a Bs Cam Neely equivalent fashion. $20 mil per.(no cap effect) There’s all kinds of things that could be discussed. But it’d have to be post playing career imo.

For the only team in league history to be penalized multiple 1st rounders?

Next offense likely multi picks/mult yrs?

Possible forced ownership removal?

No way.

Yeah, there is no way the rental is anything but legit at this point. Odds are it will stay that way indefinitely. Neither Brady nor Kraft are hurting for money and Kraft values how he is perceived by his NFL partners. If Brady gets some kind of side benefit, it will be less obvious and far less transparent.

Not a Brady apologist at all. But has he ever given you a reason to think he's disingenuous when he has said repeatedly it's so much about the money but winning that drives him?

Hell he has said he has more money than he can spend in his lifetime and his motivation and passion is him making himself better and his love of the game.

You have such a malevolent view of humanity.

Are you on the road to being another Unibomber?

Seriously. Connect these dots for us. I'll ask what dots?

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Not a Brady apologist at all. But has he ever given you a reason to think he's disingenuous when he has said repeatedly it's so much about the money but winning that drives him?

Hell he has said he has more money than he can spend in his lifetime and his motivation and passion is him making himself better and his love of the game.

You have such a malevolent view of humanity.

Are you on the road to being another Unibomber?

Seriously. Connect these dots for us. I'll ask what dots?

I meant it's not so much about the money.

My view of Tom Brady is he is the one squeaky clean human on the planet. It is sickening really. I just can't see him setting up some overseas account to hide money. I am skeptical of virtually everyone except Tom Brady. If I saw the image of Creation of Adam by Michelangelo and realized that the face of Adam was really Tom Brady I would accept it without question.

He is not hiding any money.

Back