Ted Johnson update

jim_vh

Graduate of the University of Mars
Reaction score
Many of here have heard the sad story of Ted Johnsons' troubles after retirement. It seems like he is getting past some of them - in a CNN article he describes some of his depression and lack of energy as thinigs of the past and doesn't seem so much like an Alzheimers patient.

LINK

Many of here have heard the sad story of Ted Johnsons' troubles after retirement. It seems like he is getting past some of them - in a CNN article he describes some of his depression and lack of energy as thinigs of the past and doesn't seem so much like an Alzheimers patient.

LINK

I read that yesterday and meant to post it. Good catch.

LINK
I also saw this last night and I would expect The League Offices to ramp up the heat next year on blatant helmet-to-helmet contacts w/ suspensions & fines early and often to tell guys like Ryan Clark to cut the shit

the Commissioner's Office has already taken baby steps this year, IMO, as a result of Johnson and others speaking out on behalf of retired players and The League's responsibility re: brain trauma-related injuries to them --- which means $$, which means Owners want to mitigate a $$ hit to their respective bottom lines for past turning-their-heads-to-the-problem practices not to mention the probability of future personal injury litigation

One thing I think Ted failed to take into account is that it's very natural to be depressed after a major career is over, be it football, another sport, whatever. It has been your whole life, you have adoring fans, you make tons of money, then it ends and you're just regular person again. Of course you're going to be bummed out.

I thought I saw Ted on last night's episode of "Fringe"?

yes but now it is just for fun, rather than the result of concussions.
So Troy Aikman, Patrice Bergeron and millions of other people became junkies and wife beaters because they had a headache?

They are victims I tell you...VICTIMS!!!!!

Back