Teenagers - iPhones - Parental Controls

When my oldest (now 15) first got her cell phone, I changed the settings on her phone to only allow certain content (as determined by Apple) and was password protected. I'm not sure how reliable that is, though.

I just searched and found this, which is promising:

http://osxdaily.com/2013/12/12/block-access-adult-content-ios-filters/

If anything these settings will buy me some time. I knew about the others for YouTube and whatnot, but am still looking into blocking particular apps.

You can still make sure you are the only password eligible person through the main payment app person. I control everything my granddaughter can purchase by making sure she has to come to me to put in my password. I also have my mac as the main outlet but you can also do it with an iPad so I would suppose an Iiphone if you pay the bill. I'm assuming they don't have a credit/ debit card in their name?

~Dee~

when we 1st got the kids tech savy I had every app either kid downloaded automatically download on my phone from their IPODs.

Now with phones I have their phones back up to ICloud and I have the password to get in and see what has been backed up.

I set up the ITunes and google play (one has I6, the other wanted a samsung5) so I can change the password as I like to make them have to ask me.

For the most part I trust their decisions but I also know that are kids 13/14 y.o. kids so we talk and I am signed up to many apps and they sign in on my phone so I can check if I want.

Back