Teh Official 2014 NFL Draft Thread

Watching on NFLN. I can't bring myself to watch ESPN. Hell, I feel dirty when I watch MNF on ESPN

11. TEN - 34DE, NT, OLB, TE, RB, CB. The Titans, like the Bucs, could be lurking in the weeds wrt the QB sweepstakes. But they're switching to a 3-4 without a whole lot in the way of appropriate personnel (don't ya just love it when new coaches immediately impose a new system instead of configuring one around the best attributes of the players they have). They have a guy who could play the nose (Sammie Lee Hill), but could use a TUITT or HAGEMAN here, or wait for URBAN. A receiving TE like EBRON to complement Walker wouldn't be ridiculous.

12. NYG - DT, 43OLB, TE, WR. They seem a little weak/thin at DT, but they really, really need some quality help at OLB. They could go SHAZIER here, get a good DT in the 2nd, and double dip at LB in the 3rd.

13. STL - OT (one of the second tier), if they took Watkins at #2 > OG, FS, CB, ILB

14. CHI - Common wisdom says DONALD, and that may well be correct. And teams that believe it may try to trade up to the Titans' spot to get him. OTOH, the Bears could also use ILB help (MOSLEY, perhaps, if he's still on the board) > CB/FS, OL (always), TE

15. PIT - NT/34DE - CB (x2), WR, OLB, FS. TUITT, HAGEMAN, NIX all seem possible, but a CB (DENNARD? GILBERT?) seems more likely.

16. DAL - OG, OLB, DE, FS/CB, WR, TE, DT. A lot of folks still have them needing a DT early, but, jeez, they signed Melton in FA, y'know?

17. BAL - OT, WR, OG/OC, ILB, CB/SAF. They're probably down to Kouandijo and Moses by this point, but that may be good enough for them.

18. NYJ - EBRON (maybe AMARO or WR, if Ebron is gone), WR, RT/OG, SAF/CB, LB

19. MIA - OG (x2), TE, WR, ILB, CB. If ZACH MARTIN is off the board (DAL), they could go SU'A-FILO or BITONIO here - or even AMARO, if the Jets get Ebron.

20. ARZ - OT, OLB34, OG, CB, TE, WR. BARR, f he's still hanging around. No real clue, otherwise. QB would seem pretty stupid, though.

21. GBY - NT, OT, SAF, TE, ILB, OC. They re-signed Raji, but for only one year at short money and they may be ready to move on. NIX seems like a possibility, but SAF seems about equally likely.

22. PHL - 34DE, WR, ILB, OT/OG. TUITT wouldn't be a real surprise here, if he's still available. Their OL is getting kinda old.

23. KCY - WR, FS, ILB, OG. Seems like they're almost certainly taking a WR here.

24. CIN - CB, RB, OLB. It seems to me that most of the other teams between here and the Pats at #29 might be somewhat more reluctant to trade down. The Bengals could cover their needs just as well in the top of the 2nd as here.

25. SDG - CB, NT, CB, OL, RB/WR. I'm thinking they take the best CB available here, and another later.

26. CLE - SAF (I'm guessing Jimmie WARD) > CB, RB, TE (#2).

27. NOL - LATIMER, if available. > OT/OG, LB, CB

28. CAR - WR, CB, OT, RB, OG

29. Patriots

30. SFO - No idea, really. They could make a dramatic move up for someone and lose very little.

31. DEN - WR, OG. I don't see them being really desperate for any specific position, aside from WR.

32. SEA - OT/OG, DT, WR, TE.

Here we go!

11. TEN - 34DE, NT, OLB, TE, RB, CB. The Titans, like the Bucs, could be lurking in the weeds wrt the QB sweepstakes. But they're switching to a 3-4 without a whole lot in the way of appropriate personnel (don't ya just love it when new coaches immediately impose a new system instead of configuring one around the best attributes of the players they have). They have a guy who could play the nose (Sammie Lee Hill), but could use a TUITT or HAGEMAN here, or wait for URBAN. A receiving TE like EBRON to complement Walker wouldn't be ridiculous.

12. NYG - DT, 43OLB, TE, WR. They seem a little weak/thin at DT, but they really, really need some quality help at OLB. They could go SHAZIER here, get a good DT in the 2nd, and double dip at LB in the 3rd.

13. STL - OT (one of the second tier), if they took Watkins at #2 > OG, FS, CB, ILB

14. CHI - Common wisdom says DONALD, and that may well be correct. And teams that believe it may try to trade up to the Titans' spot to get him. OTOH, the Bears could also use ILB help (MOSLEY, perhaps, if he's still on the board) > CB/FS, OL (always), TE

15. PIT - NT/34DE - CB (x2), WR, OLB, FS. TUITT, HAGEMAN, NIX all seem possible, but a CB (DENNARD? GILBERT?) seems more likely.

16. DAL - OG, OLB, DE, FS/CB, WR, TE, DT. A lot of folks still have them needing a DT early, but, jeez, they signed Melton in FA, y'know?

17. BAL - OT, WR, OG/OC, ILB, CB/SAF. They're probably down to Kouandijo and Moses by this point, but that may be good enough for them.

18. NYJ - EBRON (maybe AMARO or WR, if Ebron is gone), WR, RT/OG, SAF/CB, LB

19. MIA - OG (x2), TE, WR, ILB, CB. If ZACH MARTIN is off the board (DAL), they could go SU'A-FILO or BITONIO here - or even AMARO, if the Jets get Ebron.

20. ARZ - OT, OLB34, OG, CB, TE, WR. BARR, f he's still hanging around. No real clue, otherwise. QB would seem pretty stupid, though.

21. GBY - NT, OT, SAF, TE, ILB, OC. They re-signed Raji, but for only one year at short money and they may be ready to move on. NIX seems like a possibility, but SAF seems about equally likely.

22. PHL - 34DE, WR, ILB, OT/OG. TUITT wouldn't be a real surprise here, if he's still available. Their OL is getting kinda old.

23. KCY - WR, FS, ILB, OG. Seems like they're almost certainly taking a WR here.

24. CIN - CB, RB, OLB. It seems to me that most of the other teams between here and the Pats at #29 might be somewhat more reluctant to trade down. The Bengals could cover their needs just as well in the top of the 2nd as here.

25. SDG - CB, NT, CB, OL, RB/WR. I'm thinking they take the best CB available here, and another later.

26. CLE - SAF (I'm guessing Jimmie WARD) > CB, RB, TE (#2).

27. NOL - LATIMER, if available. > OT/OG, LB, CB

28. CAR - WR, CB, OT, RB, OG

29. Patriots

30. SFO - No idea, really. They could make a dramatic move up for someone and lose very little.

31. DEN - WR, OG. I don't see them being really desperate for any specific position, aside from WR.

32. SEA - OT/OG, DT, WR, TE.

Here we go!

So, the Pats don't have any needs? :coffee:

Back