Teh Official 2014 NFL Draft Thread

So, here's how I'm seeing the top needs of other teams - not necessarily in order of priority, which often gets trumped by BPA anyway. Just to be clear, this represents MY view of their rosters. Their mileage may vary.

1. HOU - QB (someone potentially better than Fitzy), DE* , Right Tackle, OG, 3-4 ILB and OLB. *All they have behind/opposite Watt are Tim Jamison, Jared Crick and Keith Browner, so there's no reason NOT to take Clowney, really.

2. STL - Right Tackle, FS, WR, 43OLB/ILB, OG. I don't see any compelling reason for them NOT to take WATKINS at #2 (their top two WRs are Chris Givens and Austin Pettis) and pick up an OT at #13.

3. JAX - They actually DO, need a starting LT, plus WR, DE/OLB, QB (?). They could grab MACK or ROBINSON (or LEWAN, MATTHEWS). Or do something totally unexpected. And probably stupid.

4. CLE - QB (doubtful), WR, FS/CB, RB. EVANS opposite Gordon with Hoyer throwing could be very, very good. FS/CB should be good at #26. MASON, SIMS, whichever RB at #35. I don't see them needing to trade back into the 1st much.

5. OAK - QB (possibly BORTLES, because he's big - IF they go QB at all here), WR, OG, FS/SS, TE.

6. ATL - LT (they should get one of the top 3 here with no trade up), TE, OG/OC, OLB, RB.

7. TBY - 43OLB, WR, RT/OG, QB (maybe). It seems a bit early for any of the OLBs, so probably WR or QB (if Lovie is being for realz about not liking Glennon).

8. MIN - QB (maybe), LB, CB, SS, CB (again), TE, OG. MOSELY seems like a possibility.

9. BUF - 43DE, SAF, RB, CB, TE. BPA at one of those positions, or a trade down. I have no clue what they do here.

10. DET - FS/CB, WR, OLB/ILB. Clinton-Dix seems almost a lock, if he's still on the board.

I have a couple chores to get out of the way before the 1st pick, so I'll try to cover the next 10 in a bit.

Just thinking out loud: The problem I see with both Mosley and Easley is both players have a history of continuously being injured. Mosley's shoulders and Easley's knees. Maybe BB is finally tiring of guys who are always injured.

I really, really hope you're right. It's my biggest draft pet peeve.

Just thinking out loud: The problem I see with both Mosley and Easley is both players have a history of continuously being injured. Mosley's shoulders and Easley's knees. Maybe BB is finally tiring of guys who are always injured.

I've been thinking the past couple days that Easley seems like a typical "injury-risk" 2nd round pick for BB. If BB sees Easley as being enough like Donald, it wouldn't be a shock to see him go there.

I've been thinking the past couple days that Easley seems like a typical "injury-risk" 2nd round pick for BB. If BB sees Easley as being enough like Donald, it wouldn't be a shock to see him go there.

I think the 2nd rnd for Easley is reasonable. Wish we had medicals.

Just popping in to say "Happy NFL Draft Day" 2014 to my Planet peeps! :) :arrr:

ETA: And maybe to clear the friendly forum reminder that I haven't posted lately. :coffee: Just kidding, that's just coincidental. :D

:wave: Enjoy the Draft

Good point, I think, by Bill Polian who said defensive NFL coaches are more enamored by Manziel than offensive coaches bc he's unstructured & dangerous to defend. Makes good sense to me.

What network are you guys watching the Draft on tonight?

I'm going with the NFL Network

Dov Kleiman ‏<s>@</s>NFL_RealUpdates <small class="time"> 30s </small> Jadeveon Clowney's walk-in music will be "The Man" by Aloe Blacc, again, as expected.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fm660vIn8Tg?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back