Teh Official Pats v Bills Week 17 Game Day Thread

patriots pam

2014-15 Game Day Thread Champion
Reaction score
Website
badpixofgoodfood.pamsez.me
Well, here we are...the last regular season game of the 2014 NFL season. :wave:

Fortunately, reports of the Patriots demise in the beginning weeks of the season were greatly exaggerated, and last week they secured possession of the AFC #1 seed with both a 1 point squeaker of a W over the Jests down in Joisey, combined with the Bengals upset win over the Peyton Broncos. :cute:

So the Pats are playing at home with technically nothing to lose, and the Bills are coming to town with nothing to gain after taking themselves out of the wildcard hunt with a loss to the Raiduhs last week. I suppose the most important thing would be for each team to remember these facts, and that our Pats will give some rest to key players, and the Bills won't try too hard to kill any of our guys just for funsies. But most likely, a lot of us will be hollering late into the 4th Q for BB to put in the backups while the Bills try and bring their "A" game against a hated division rival. Of course, a win at home today against the Bills would be a sweet regular season finish for the fans at Gillette, and those of us watching from afar, as well. So a nice season finale home W with no injuries....I hope that's not too much to ask! :grovel: Happy Football Sunday everyone! GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :arrr: :patriotlogo:

#Patriots inactives: Dan Connolly, Sebastian Vollmer, Dont'a Hightower, Julian Edelman, Rob Gronkowski, Brandon Browner, Jonas Gray

Looks like Gronk and Edelman are being protected at all costs.

I hope that without Vollmer and Connolly Belichick feels the same way about Brady and we don't see him for more than one drive.

#Patriots inactives: Dan Connolly, Sebastian Vollmer, Dont'a Hightower, Julian Edelman, Rob Gronkowski, Brandon Browner, Jonas Gray

It will be good to have all these guys healthy when it matters. Especially Gronk.

The make shift OL is a concern for Brady's health. Hand off the ball a few times and bring in JG.

I may have to bet on the Bills to cover now.

It will be good to have all these guys healthy when it matters. Especially Gronk.

The make shift OL is a concern for Brady's health. Hand off the ball a few times and bring in JG.

I may have to bet on the Bills to cover now.

At most a quarter. I do hope it Fleming at guard. Instead of kline & devey. they will get brady killed.

LOL, I know. I'm the only Pats fan who hates this. The Pats have won the SB as the #1 seed one time out of the 5 they've gotten it.

Bring Brady in, let him practice a punt on 3rd down, pull him, and let Goo-op drop 5 TDs on them. On a somewhat related note, man do I miss Brandon Spikes. He would have fit in perfectly on this year's defense, it's too bad he talked his own damn way off the team. Now he's stuck in America's armpit or whatever the hell he called Buffalo resorting to wishing for the playoffs and trash talking on Twitter (though it's not really new).

Jeff Howe ‏<s>@</s>jeffphowe <small class="time"> 1m1 minute ago </small> Garoppolo has the play sheet on his left arm and wrists taped up.

JG is ready to go. Brady doesn't have a play sheet on his arm, btw.

O/U for # of plays Brady takes --> 2.5 LOL

The point spread has moved 7 pts in Buffalo's favor since opening with Pats at 10 pt favorites.

LOL, I know. I'm the only Pats fan who hates this. The Pats have won the SB as the #1 seed one time out of the 5 they've gotten it.

This is the dumbest post in the history of this forum. And that's saying a lot.

Let's ignore that the top seed is already clinched, so this stupid post is even stupider in context, but whatevs. Belichick should tremble with fear and not want to get the #1 seed despite the fact that of the four previous times they've been the one seed (03, 07, 10, 11), 3 have resulted in Super Bowl trips, which means that they've won the only games in which having the top seed mattered (the SB is played at a neutral site, so seeding is irrelevant.)

Extrapolating on the stupid, that means that of the 17 playoff seasons they HAVEN'T been the one seed, they've won 2/17 Super Bowls. and appeared in Super Bowls 4/17 years. I know I'd rather roll the dice at a 24% chance of historically making the Super Bowl in a non-one seed capacity than that filthy 75% clip they advance to the Super Bowl at with the one seed.

Yes, let's shoot for road playoff games because of some ridiculous notion that IN THE PAST A COUPLE OF TIMES GIANTS PLAYERS HAVE MADE GREAT PLAYS AFTER WE ALREADY TOOK CARE OF BUSINESS IN THE AFC.

Solid. Someone get this info to Bill, stat.

Classic Dave

Yup. This team hasn't lost a home game since the Nixon administration, but Mario Manningham clipped his toenails before the Super Bowl in 2012, so let's go on the road in the playoffs. I swear, there must be a secret sub-forum where folks here conspire to annoy me with foolishness.

Reactions: Joe
This is the dumbest post in the history of this forum. And that's saying a lot.

Let's ignore that the top seed is already clinched, so this stupid post is even stupider in context, but whatevs. Belichick should tremble with fear and not want to get the #1 seed despite the fact that of the four previous times they've been the one seed (03, 07, 10, 11), 3 have resulted in Super Bowl trips, which means that they've won the only games in which having the top seed mattered (the SB is played at a neutral site, so seeding is irrelevant.)

Extrapolating on the stupid, that means that of the 17 playoff seasons they HAVEN'T been the one seed, they've won 2/17 Super Bowls. and appeared in Super Bowls 4/17 years. I know I'd rather roll the dice at a 24% chance of historically making the Super Bowl in a non-one seed capacity than that filthy 75% clip they advance to the Super Bowl at with the one seed.

Yes, let's shoot for road playoff games because of some ridiculous notion that IN THE PAST A COUPLE OF TIMES GIANTS PLAYERS HAVE MADE GREAT PLAYS AFTER WE ALREADY TOOK CARE OF BUSINESS IN THE AFC.

Solid. Someone get this info to Bill, stat.

I'm honored that you consider me the author of the dumbest post ever, especially as I provided no context that I think would engender such a response from you.

That aside, what I meant is that I don't like their not playing at all when the offense has been pretty rusty looking for entire halves. They can't practice like they used to and their O sucking is the main reason they have failed in the playoffs. In my book, those are solid reasons to use actual games for tuneups when you are sitting for a week already. And the one seed doesn't have what I feel should be the proportional advantage in winning SBs anyway. Last year was the first time in ages that both 1 seeds made it.

And the one seed doesn't have what I feel should be the proportional advantage in winning SBs anyway. Last year was the first time in ages that both 1 seeds made it.

Explain to me how the one seed is supposed to have an advantage in WINNING a Super Bowl? You understand that in the Super Bowl, the seed is irrelevant because seeding is only applicable at the conference level and historically this has benefitted the Patriots? I'm curious why you would want to see this team go on the road? When winning two home games is the ticket to the Super Bowl, that's absolutely, 100% the preference.

I just don't understand how someone cannot comprehend such a basic principle.

Brady all warmed up with his helmet on ready to go in.

Back