The 2021 Patriots' Preseason Camp

1. QB Cam Newton Leads off Drills, Arm Looks Strong

.... There weren’t any major changes to his throwing motion. That was the same.

So much for Cam improving....BUST.

2. QB Mac Jones Follows Newton in Drills

We didn’t see Jones push the ball downfield much

Just as advertised: noodlearm. It is to soon to use the B word?

Joking aside, this is going to be a season to look forward to IMO.

The only issue I have is that the footbll world will go dark in a couple weeks (after OTAs)

Bob Socci's take on the first practice and more

Prior to Thursday’s practice, Belichick was asked about Hightower’s status.

“Well, with all the players that are on the roster and not here, then my expectations are that they intend to play, but we know things can change and that's always part of life and part of football,” Belichick replied. “So, we'll take it as it comes but the guys that are here are working hard.

“And again, each guy has his own circumstances, so I'm not going to get into that, but we'll see how it goes on for some of the players that aren't here, which there's a number of them that aren't, but we'll welcome them when they get here. It's all voluntary. So, when they're here, they're here and we'll work with them.”

19. Tre Nixon has elite speed. He ran a laser-timed, 4.38-second 40-yard dash at a Nike camp as a sophomore in high school. He has also been spending upwards of 16 hours per day at Gillette Stadium since reporting to the team. Consider the seventh-round pick a legitimate contender to make the 53-man roster.

The Patriots Unfiltered guys said Nixon is working on a leg/ knee issue.

19. Tre Nixon has elite speed. He ran a laser-timed, 4.38-second 40-yard dash at a Nike camp as a sophomore in high school. He has also been spending upwards of 16 hours per day at Gillette Stadium since reporting to the team. Consider the seventh-round pick a legitimate contender to make the 53-man roster.

The Patriots Unfiltered guys said Nixon is working on a leg/ knee issue.
SON OF A BITCH!

Bob Socci's take on the first practice and more

Prior to Thursday’s practice, Belichick was asked about Hightower’s status.

“Well, with all the players that are on the roster and not here, then my expectations are that they intend to play, but we know things can change and that's always part of life and part of football,” Belichick replied. “So, we'll take it as it comes but the guys that are here are working hard.

“And again, each guy has his own circumstances, so I'm not going to get into that, but we'll see how it goes on for some of the players that aren't here, which there's a number of them that aren't, but we'll welcome them when they get here. It's all voluntary. So, when they're here, they're here and we'll work with them.”

I think Hightower is retiring. :(

I've thought that since he opted out but had some hope when he was reported to be at Gillette during the offseason working out.

I've thought that since he opted out but had some hope when he was reported to be at Gillette during the offseason working out.
Regardless, and nevertheless, so much for everyone's returning. :coffee:

E2fBwP6XIAI6wCr

This is good stuff. Now just take a look at the nuance here from a rookie that has been with us for all of 10 seconds and what he is doing vs Cam. And you want to have hope that Cam is going to be good this year? My hope and prayer is that this continues at a much larger clip and Mac beats out Cam and starts in week 1.

Everyone here hopes he does that well.

Most everyone here also hopes Cam plays well and then Mac will have to be even better to beat him out.

For that matter, I hope Stidham plays lights out, too. Then we'll have 3 QBs worth mentioning.

Awesome. I wonder if Mac shows to be this NFL ready, would Belichick be willing to start him right away? I feel like BB is old school in that aspect and will still shelf Mac for the season, but if it becomes too apparent maybe he will force his hand.

There isn't any context on whether it's the same play or not. I think it's more about showing that Mac is way ahead of where he's supposed to be in his pre-snap recognition, which is very impressive for a rookie, let alone a rookie on his second week of practice.

Back