The 2021 Patriots' Preseason Camp

I didn't see this in the thread, but apparently Hightower got married over the weekend, not that this gives us any idea if he is going to play or not, just a piece of info.

I didn't see this in the thread, but apparently Hightower got married over the weekend, not that this gives us any idea if he is going to play or not, just a piece of info.
yeah, wondering if his new baby and getting to spend a good bit of time with family might be a factor in a retirement decision.

Now just take a look at the nuance here from a rookie that has been with us for all of 10 seconds and what he is doing vs Cam. And you want to have hope that Cam is going to be good this year?
????? I miss the correlation between Jones reading a defense so therefore Cam can't improve. WTF? Again, not saying how Cam will turn out next year (though I believe he'll be better), but Jones reading a defense (or not) will have zero bearing on whether Newton plays better or worse than last year.

There isn't any context on whether it's the same play or not. I think it's more about showing that Mac is way ahead of where he's supposed to be in his pre-snap recognition, which is very impressive for a rookie, let alone a rookie on his second week of practice.
Jones'strong points were ability to read defenses pre- and post-snap, accurate ball placement, making good decisions, manipulating the safeties. Remind you of anyone?

Now I have to spread myself thin. I still like Stidham, Cam I believe will do much better this year, and Mac Jones was the guy I wanted from the beginning (though i did have an eye on Trey Lance for a while and would have preferred him if Jones was gone at 15).

This is going to be a good year no matter who's at QB.

Jones'strong points were ability to read defenses pre- and post-snap, accurate ball placement, making good decisions, manipulating the safeties. Remind you of anyone?

Now I have to spread myself thin. I still like Stidham, Cam I believe will do much better this year, and Mac Jones was the guy I wanted from the beginning (though i did have an eye on Trey Lance for a while and would have preferred him if Jones was gone at 15).

This is going to be a good year no matter who's at QB.
I'll take a wild guess. Peyton Manning?
And every other better than avg QB in the league actually does these things - some better at one thing or another, but by and large the better QBs do all these things pretty well.
Mac Jones has been talked about in this way since the 1st scouting report was posted. The problem some had was getting over the possibility that maybe he was the beneficiary of a great supporting cast. Some couldn't see that he still made great decisions, accurate passes and manipulated the DBs, He did those all on his own.

Hawg, me, you and many others saw him as the perfect Patriot target in the draft, arm strength be damned. I give a lot of credit to the people here who saw him as a smart, talented, determined and well-coached QB who is driven to make the best of his ability. I'm hopeful he can give Patriots fans a decade or 2 of brilliant success.

You're not alone on Stidham - we all hope he becomes what we thought he could become. But in the end, that's up to him and we have no say in the matter. He's a good kid. I'm pulling hard for all 3 guys. No guilt. That's just how it is.

This is good stuff. Now just take a look at the nuance here from a rookie that has been with us for all of 10 seconds and what he is doing vs Cam. And you want to have hope that Cam is going to be good this year? My hope and prayer is that this continues at a much larger clip and Mac beats out Cam and starts in week 1.

Were you the one of the crew that kept beefing about Jimmy G. throwing all those picks in intra-squad scimmages a few years ago as proof that he's a scrub?

You can't use a "I got plenty of electrons to burn" tweet about the early stages of OTAs to get the anti-Cam venom flowing full-bore.

I realize I won't be able to stop you (likely nobody can) but I'd at least like to mention that the Bavarian Villagers probably had some type of debate as to
whether or not Frankenstein's Monster threw Little Maria into the lake on purpose before they lit the torches, grabbed the pitchforks and headed for the castle.

Simmer down, now, willya? At least wait until dual practices or preseason until you go full Valkyrie on the poor guy. Please pace yourself.

villagerspo.jpg

Hunter Henry sure likes what he sees so far. He was always one of those players who just is suited to the Patriots.
“I enjoy this culture. I think it fits me really well, and I’m excited to just embrace myself in it and really just be a complete Patriot and what it means. It’s just such a winning culture. There’s a tradition here. There’s a high level of expectation. So I think a lot of us, even including myself, are very excited about trying to elevate ourselves to meet those expectations and this culture. Excited to be here in this locker room and go to work every single day with these guys. …

“I’m new to the team obviously, everyone knows that. But also, I honestly thoroughly enjoy this time of year. I’ve also had a bad time this time of the year too – one year getting hurt and losing my season. But at the same time, this time of the year is great for the team. We get to build team chemistry at a slower pace sometimes early on, and then we get to continue to build. It’s a great time before training camp comes to just get a lot of reps in that maybe we can’t get back. I enjoy being here. It’s fun to be around the guys and to build this team chemistry as we go into the season. …

“On the outside looking in, obviously they’re great coaches. And then when you get hands-on with them, they’re phenomenal as well, even more than you think. [Bill Belichick and Josh McDaniels are] two of the best minds football can offer, so just trying to pick as much as I can from them and continue to learn.”

View: https://twitter.com/BostonSportsBSJ/status/1398353987489910787

3:00: The QBs ...

7:00: THE play that shows you where Mac and Newton are.

11:00: How do they feel internally?

12:00: "I now think Mac Jones has a decent chance to start the season opener."

19:00: The absences.

24:00: The standouts - Agholor, JJ Taylor and Quinn Nordin?! Sometimes it sounds different (the golfer was Grace Park).

Were you the one of the crew that kept beefing about Jimmy G. throwing all those picks in intra-squad scimmages a few years ago as proof that he's a scrub?

You can't use a "I got plenty of electrons to burn" tweet about the early stages of OTAs to get the anti-Cam venom flowing full-bore.

I realize I won't be able to stop you (likely nobody can) but I'd at least like to mention that the Bavarian Villagers probably had some type of debate as to
whether or not Frankenstein's Monster threw Little Maria into the lake on purpose before they lit the torches, grabbed the pitchforks and headed for the castle.

Simmer down, now, willya? At least wait until dual practices or preseason until you go full Valkyrie on the poor guy. Please pace yourself.

View attachment 4058
I like when you are feisty! You are right, I need to wait until the dirt balls start flying before crucifying poor Cam.

I did give Jimmy a hard time about the picks in TC but my full admission is I was more of a Brissett fan. There, I said it. But I really did love the guy for the one TC we had him. He has turned out to be a pretty decent back up. Would not mind having him right now instead of Stidham/Hoyer.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYgnKppSXzY

You are right, I need to wait until the dirt balls start flying before crucifying poor Cam.
I'm sure you can't wait to start a thread about every incompletion, sack, etc etc. and point our that while every loss was Cam's fault, every W was in spite of him by his supporting cast that you pilloried Belicheck for signing. Can't wait.

Analyzing players is a lot eastier when you start the the conclusion and look for reasons why it is so. :coffee:

Or maybe if Newton does better you'll acknowledge it. You've come a long way since you said Jones couldn't compete in the NFL because he played in the south and that his success was not due to accuracy, timing etc but by having great receivers.

I like when you are feisty! You are right, I need to wait until the dirt balls start flying before crucifying poor Cam.

I did give Jimmy a hard time about the picks in TC but my full admission is I was more of a Brissett fan. There, I said it. But I really did love the guy for the one TC we had him. He has turned out to be a pretty decent back up. Would not mind having him right now instead of Stidham/Hoyer.

Weirdly, I completely agree with you about Brissett. I think he got a raw deal in Indy and at times played with a sorry supporting cast that was just as bad as our skill guys (TY Hilton was out). Of course, he got all the blame there even though he had about 4 days to learn their offense and was thrown to the wolves. I'd take him as a backup in a second, but we're kind of jammed there at the moment. Someday, maybe.

This made me think of the time Brissett was playing in the 2nd half of a preseason game and Brady and Jimmy G. were kind of chilling and waiting for it to be over. So, a pass play gets called and Jacoby just gets hammered by a big DL who came barrel-assing in and blasted him up high. It looked like an absolute kill shot and somehow Brissett shook it off and took off running with the ball. It was amazing that he was still alive. nevermind on his feet and running. Jacoby is a beast. Then, the camera pans over to Brady and Jimmy (who seldom interacted on the sideline) who were just holding their sides and helplessly laughing because they were just so very glad that they didn't have to take that hit. It was like two veteran stand-up comics watching some open-miker totally eating it. It was the only time in 20 years I saw Brady laughing that hard. It was really funny.

Weirdly, I completely agree with you about Brissett. I think he got a raw deal in Indy and at times played with a sorry supporting cast that was just as bad as our skill guys (TY Hilton was out). Of course, he got all the blame there even though he had about 4 days to learn their offense and was thrown to the wolves. I'd take him as a backup in a second, but we're kind of jammed there at the moment. Someday, maybe.
I remember once Bledsoe saying that when a team wins, the QB gets more credit than he deserves, and when they lose he gets more blame than he deserves.

I remember once Bledsoe saying that when a team wins, the QB gets more credit than he deserves, and when they lose he gets more blame than he deserves.
i feel like that depends on the qb and narrative around him. peypey, vick, etc. always seemed to get more credit than they deserved and less blame

E2fBwP6XIAI6wCr
Please, please, please!

yeah, wondering if his new baby and getting to spend a good bit of time with family might be a factor in a retirement decision.
I could see it impacting his decision both ways.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYgnKppSXzY

I'm sure you can't wait to start a thread about every incompletion, sack, etc etc. and point our that while every loss was Cam's fault, every W was in spite of him by his supporting cast that you pilloried Belicheck for signing. Can't wait.

Analyzing players is a lot eastier when you start the the conclusion and look for reasons why it is so. :coffee:

Or maybe if Newton does better you'll acknowledge it. You've come a long way since you said Jones couldn't compete in the NFL because he played in the south and that his success was not due to accuracy, timing etc but by having great receivers.

Sure we saw that in the Seattle game last year. Apparently, Cam gets no credit in that game for his throws, giving Jules a record day in recpeions for one, as Seattle were poor in pass defense.

Back