The 2023 NFL Draft 4 /27/23 Round 1 8PM

So.....if somebody told you at Noon today that we'd end up with Christian Gonsalez and a 4th rounder would you have
put Ol' Pops out in the garage?

If so, then you are a charter member of the Outliers club.

Fucking brilliant. I'm not even mad that my guy went tenth to somebody else. I've learned of some pretty good OTs later on that
could salve my tortured Patriots soul.

Tell me that you didn't watch the brief clips shown about Gonsalez and get a little moist and runny?

Fucking great prospect and a nice kid. I don't know much about him because I NEVER expected he would still be on the board at 17. That's pretty
much a slam-dunk first round in my eyes.

And IF you make nasty, ill-informed comments about THIS selection then you immediately expose yourself as a
pathetic, attention-whoring contrarian who deserves to get slammed for every ill-informed opinion that you smear
across the pages of this noble, tenured bastion of football knowledge.

GREAT JOB, BILLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!

So.....if somebody told you at Noon today that we'd end up with Christian Gonsalez and a 4th rounder would you have
put Ol' Pops out in the garage?

If so, then you are a charter member of the Outliers club.

Fucking brilliant. I'm not even mad that my guy went tenth to somebody else. I've learned of some pretty good OTs later on that
could salve my tortured Patriots soul.

Tell me that you didn't watch the brief clips shown about Gonsalez and get a little moist and runny?

Fucking great prospect and a nice kid. I don't know much about him because I NEVER expected he would still be on the board at 17. That's pretty
much a slam-dunk first round in my eyes.

And IF you make nasty, ill-informed comments about THIS selection then you immediately expose yourself as a
pathetic, attention-whoring contrarian who deserves to get slammed for every ill-informed opinion that you smear
across the pages of this noble, tenured bastion of football knowledge.

GREAT JOB, BILLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!

Or I just wanted them to take a tackle. 🤷

It was my number one choice as well, I assume the guy they wanted didn't fall.
They still need one. Running it back with Trent Brown and ??????? doesn't work for me.

Gonzalez is great value at the spot and he might even start, but I just don't see corner as a big need.

Or I just wanted them to take a tackle. 🤷

So did I, but my guy went 10th overall and the sky am not falling

Don't sweat it. This is the best year for OTs in a while and there are some good kids out there.

I'm optimistic and after this 1st round I see no reason to doubt.

So did I, but my guy went 10th overall and the sky am not falling

Don't sweat it. This is the best year for OTs in a while and there are some good kids out there.

I'm optimistic and after this 1st round I see no reason to doubt.
Sky am not falling.
I suppose I should just be grateful they didn't take Joey Porter Jr.

I will admit that that when I did some sims drafts I bypassed Speedy because I was being too smart and traded down.
But this is now real life, not fantasy football, so I'm very happy that Bill went after a top 10 talent.
No wtf like last year.

I can't wait for the BILL SUCKS brigade to come up with a creative reason why Christian is not a good selection for us.

Here are some likely candidates:

He got passed over by too many teams, therefore, suck valley.

Bill wouldn't know a Defensive Back if the kid grabbed him by the nuts and then fumbled them.

He's still got zits fer cryin' ow loud.

He missed a BIGGER N EEEEEEED!

Pats traded 14 to Steelers so the Jets couldn’t get B Jones.

(stolen from radio call In show)
I wish they had just taken him, tbh, but maybe the optics of another UGA tackle was too much? I guess it's the 2nd best option.

The fricken Iggles, man! They get the guy who was probably the top talent in the draft at #9, then...

Happy with Patriots' night. Wish they could have gotten a little more than the 120 for the trade down, but it's hard to complain.

The fricken Iggles, man! They get the guy who was probably the top talent in the draft at #9, then...

Happy with Patriots' night. Wish they could have gotten a little more than the 120 for the trade down, but it's hard to complain.
Was worth it to send a message to the Jets.

Back