RB Kevin Harris
LB Calvin Munson
LB Ronnie Perkins
WR Thyrick Pitts
OL Kody Russey
TE Matt Sokol
OL Andrew Stueber
P Corliss Waitman

No Firkser. Interesting. I Sokol and Brown. Maybe there is something to the heavy with Wheatley smoke.

Pats' practice squad signings: 1 open spot

QB Bailey Zappe
QB Malik Cunningham
RB Ty Montgomery
S Josh Bledsoe
TE Pharaoh Brown
OL James Ferentz
LB Joe Giles-Harris
RB Kevin Harris
LB Calvin Munson
LB Ronnie Perkins
WR Thyrick Pitts
OL Kody Russey
TE Matt Sokol
OL Andrew Stueber
P Corliss Waitman

I think you can make a case for almost all of these guys to be sensible PS guys. I'd except Ferentz and Russey but I'm in a
charitable mood.

There are several players with upside on the list, but I'm particularly happy we resigned Perkins and I'll
be watching for him to get an opportunity at some point, because he might be a major surprise.

And, yes, I'm really happy that we got Bailey back because I know there is more to that kid than met the eye this summer.

The offensive system we've used for many years is predicated on adjustments and sight-reads on the fly and demands more
precise mental synch between QB and receivers than most others. This takes time to develop before it takes off, but is both
very effective and hard to defend when it does . This is exactly the right system for QBs like Zappe and Mac to flourish in, but we
need to get the protection straight before sympatico with a much better skill group can realize the potential in it.

I believe that potential is definitely there and we'll start seeing results soon enough, but it looks at present like Bill played
the cutdown process like a master of his craft and not an hapless old man who has let the league pass him by.

Contrary to popular opinion.

Back