The Great Patriots Planet Challenge

dropKickMurphy said:
At this point, the only ones left are #16 and #26.

I'm going to be off-line for awhile. I'll post the final results later tonight.
It's not likely that I'll be able to catch MGO with only two questions left. Could you add about 50 more?
:D
________
extreme q vaporizer

dchester said:
It's not likely that I'll be able to catch MGO with only two questions left. Could you add about 50 more?
:D

See, it's times like this that my photographic memory comes in handy. ;)

Since nobody has gotten #16, I'll divulge.

16) Me

By the way, in regards to numbers 27 & 28, I remember reading an article a long time ago, possibly a column in Scientific American but I don't remember, about how the chance that two people in a group of 30 (a classroom typically) share the same birthday is really not unusual at all. I forget the explanation, if I ever understood it.

I remember this because when I was a freshman in college my best friend and I discovered, towards the end of the year, that we shared the same birthday (June 9th). We both thought the other was pulling a joke on the other when this came up in conversation, so we actually whipped out our draft cards simultaneously to verify our birthdays. Over the years our shared birthday has been a nice excuse to stay in touch.

Chances are there are more "matching birthdays" among planeteers than people realize.

thomas144 said:
By the way, in regards to numbers 27 & 28, I remember reading an article a long time ago, possibly a column in Scientific American but I don't remember, about how the chance that two people in a group of 30 (a classroom typically) share the same birthday is really not unusual at all. I forget the explanation, if I ever understood it.

The unusual thing about me, Edna, and Hawg is that we were born within 3 days of each other. Not only the same birthdays, but the same year.

I remember in my freshman Calculus class in college, the professor offered to bet a cup of coffee that at least 2 people in the class shared the same birthday. He then had people start saying their birthdays, and told us to raise a hand when someone else had your birthday. It only took a few tries before a hand went up.

He said he's been making that same bet for years in every class he teaches, and has never lost. He went on to explain why the odds made it such a safe bet. Like you, I forgot the explanation long ago. Hell, these days I'm lucky if I can remember where I left my car keys.

By the way, thomas, during the course of putting together the questions for this quiz, it suddenly dawned on me what "thomas144" stands for. Very clever, indeed.

dropKickMurphy said:

By the way, thomas, during the course of putting together the questions for this quiz, it suddenly dawned on me what "thomas144" stands for. Very clever, indeed.

It's a pretty safe bet that anyone with "144" in their email address has the same surname. My mother is judith144, for example. A lot of my cousins do too.

thomas144 said:
It's a pretty safe bet that anyone with "144" in their email address has the same surname. My mother is judith144, for example. A lot of my cousins do too.

Maybe that can be question #16, because I have no clue what you guys are talking about :blink:

edit: Ooops, I meant question #15.

bideau said:
Maybe that can be question #16, because I have no clue what you guys are talking about :blink:

You don't want to know, it's pretty gross.

pookie said:
Since nobody has gotten #16, I'll divulge.

16) Me

I was surprised no one got this one. If you do a search on Lofa, it will lead you to this thread.

Since no one has come up with #26,
I may as well give that one away, too.

The correct answer is ItsGood_ItsGood .

Although his connection is a bit more obscure than Flagg's, a search on Bridgewater would have pointed you to this thread.

Undertaker #59 said:
You don't want to know, it's pretty gross.

OK, I cheated and went to his homepage. After burning a few brain cells, the light bulb finally went on :doh:

bideau said:
OK, I cheated and went to his homepage. After burning a few brain cells, the light bulb finally went on :doh:

Bideau, at least now you know something about the Birds of the Pittock Mansion and Seblar Neighborhood.

And hey, I think you finally have your
new avatar:

dropKickMurphy said:
Bideau, at least now you know something about the Birds of the Pittock Mansion and Seblar Neighborhood.

And hey, I think you finally have your
new avatar:

No thanks on the avatar....wouldn't want to scare the women and children away.

The final results are in.

The winner, in a rout, is the lovely and brilliant mgoblue101415. Her prize will be announced later......

Here are the final standings.

mgoblue101415 19
thomas144 8
PA_PATS_FAN54 4
MrWhite 4
Undertaker#59 3
bideau 3
dchester 3
Moebius 1
kirjtc2 1
Hawg73 1

--------------------------
The original questions;
followed by the person that correctly answered each question.
Correct answer is in parentheses.

1) Which member appeared on the HBO specials "Curse of the Bambino" and "Reverse the Curse of the Bambino"?
thomas144 (ItsGood_ItsGood)

2) Which member was the 2003 "Patriots Fan of the Year"?
mgoblue101415 (Bruschifan1)

3) Which member runs a website that has been praised by, among others, Bob Neumeier on WEEI?
PA_PATS_FAN54 (kez)

4) Which member once made Meryl Streep's children cry?
Undertaker#59 (noRespect)

5) Upon which member's lap did Toni Braxton once sit while singing a song?
mgoblue101415 (Annihilus)

Name the members who have been known (here or on other forums) by these monikers:

6) MowattsPenis
mgoblue101415(It's Good_It's Good)

7) mrspike
mgoblue101415 (townes)

8) DrewWorldOrder
mgoblue101415(DropKickMurphy)

9) FlyingElvis
Undertaker#59 (Hawg73)

10) Mrs. B
mgoblue101415 (Bruschifan1)

11) puckstopper
bideau (FallingAlice)

Male or Female?
12) Pookie
mgoblue101415 (male)
* (this was challenged by dcester, who answered 'Lesbian'
upon further review, you can clearly see the ball...
Therefore, the original call stands.
Dchester is charged with a timeout.)

13) CookieInCollege
mgoblue101415 (male)
14) OttawaPatty
mgoblue101415 (male)

16) Lofa Tatupu is one of the brightest stars for Pete Carrol's national champion USC Trojans. Which Patriots Planet member "accidently" witnessed Lofa sucking on a woman's breast?
pookie (pookie) <--DQ, by rule

17) Which member is a state trooper?
dchester (Prometheus)
(just curious, dchest....did you find this out the hard way?) ;)

18) Which member's column is regularly referenced in Patriots.com's "News Blitz"?
Undertaker#59 (Dan Pires)

19) Which member has twice been named North American Guild of Beer Writers “Beer Writer of the Year” ?
PA_PATS_FAN54 (kez)

20) Which member served a tour of duty in Iraq last year?
mgoblue101415 (Buck Wild)

21) Which member once kissed one of the stars of "Dawson's Creek"?
mgoblue101415 (Oedipus Tex)

22) Who was the star from "Dawson's Creek" that was kissed by one of our members?
mgoblue101415 (Katie Holmes)

23) 24)What 2 Patriots Planet members have dated cast members of the fX series "The Shield"?
mgoblue101415 (FallingAlice)
mgoblue101415 (Peg)

Abington, MA is the home town of 2 notorious murderers: Gary Sampson, who killed 3 people while on a carjacking spree in 2001; and William Leahy, the cook who brutally murdered a woman in the women's room at the Bridgewater Route 24 Burger King in 2002.

25) 26) What is the connection between 2 of our members and these killers?
mgoblue101415 (Sampson killed Flagg's dad's best friend in Flagg's house)
no one (ItsGood_ItsGood's picture appeared in the Herald leading Leahy into court)

27) 28)What 2 members were born on the same day?
Mr.White(edna)
Mr.White(DropKickMurphy)

29)Which member was born 3 days later?
Mr.White(Hawg73)

Guess the member from the provided clue:

30) Where the owner puts his can
Moebius (BobKraft'sCoozie)

31) Educated biscuit
mgoblue101415 (CookieInCollege)

32) Keitel's dog role
thomas144 (Mr.White)

33) Doubting dozen squared
bideau (thomas144)

34) Coffee picture
kirjtc2 (JoePhoto)

35) The six million dollar champion
dchester (BionicPatriot)

36) What she kept saying, all night long
mgoblue101415 (ItsGood_ItsGood)

37) Has tremendous strength and a steel-hard exoskeleton
PA_PATS_FAN54 (Annihilus)

38) Jed's other daughter?
thomas144 (maelli)

39) Set his brother Kane on fire
dchester (Undertaker#59)

40) Capitol burger, eh?
mgoblue101415(ottawa patty)

41) Smell the Glove
thomas144 (Spinal Tap)

42) This banner needs a map
thomas144 (Flagg Wanderer)

43) Yellow Jackets make bread from this.
Hawg73 (bideau)

44) Escher drew ants on his strip
thomas144 (Moebius)

45) Supreme Council of Kenya Muslims
Mr. White (Supkem)

46) C'est Chic!
thomas144 (freak)

47) Pronounced "distah"?
bideau (dchester)

48) Tony asked Shere Kahn for this
thomas144 (Tiger69)

49) garfield's teddy bear
PA_PATS_FAN54 (pookie)

50) Lonestar motherf**ker
mgoblue101415 (Oedipus Tex)

mgoblue101415 said:
:cute:

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!

:cute: I win! I win! :cute:

I WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not that I'm competitive or anything. :p

In my best Tony Dungy voice:

"I don't think it's really fair that someone with a photographic memory was allowed to participate. This is something that will have to be looked at closely before the next contest. After all, if the rules can't be manipulated to my advantage, then why have rules at all"

bideau said:
In my best Tony Dungy voice:

"I don't think it's really fair that someone with a photographic memory was allowed to participate. This is something that will have to be looked at closely before the next contest. After all, if the rules can't be manipulated to my advantage, then why have rules at all"

ROFL

Actually, I did "search" for a couple of the answers... The Shield one and a few of the monikers.

Although, contrary to UT's comment, I don't have very good searching skills obviously, because the previously mentioned answers were the only two that I was able to find out of about the 7 or 8 that I tried searching for. :banghead:

I was really trying to get at least 25 right. Oh well....

:cute: I STILL WON!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cute:

I was called into a meeting for an hour while I was researching answers. That probably cost me 12 points right there. I think that's why I didn't find the tutupu child question - I was interrupted by work.

I'm not sure there is anything that can be done about this, except possibly to require that all answers be made in order, so that you can't answer number 3 before number 2 has been answered correctly. A game like that could last several months, and would give everyone a chance to play.

Back