The Greatest QB in the History of the NFL

Dolphin22

Master Assclown
Joined
Sep 21, 2006
Messages
11,517
Reaction score
88
Points
48
Age
62
There is no question in my mind that Tom Brady is the greatest QB to ever play the game ! I don't even care that he played against 5 of the worst defenses in the NFL in his 6 wins...

How can losers like Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, QB's like Warren Moon even speak of Tommy Terrific ?...they are so not worthy...There is no other QB in the History of the NFL that has 3 SB rings and didn't have 1 QB record...if thats not a great accomplishment & close to impossable ...what is....
 

tehrick67

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 21, 2006
Messages
32,722
Reaction score
1,880
Points
113
Age
54
D22 - I'll give you credit, you made a bet and lived up to your agreement...
 
OP
Dolphin22

Dolphin22

Master Assclown
Joined
Sep 21, 2006
Messages
11,517
Reaction score
88
Points
48
Age
62
Not for nothing...Therick...its not hard to say Brady is a great QB...he is without question one of the best in the league...and poissably could be an alltimer like the great ones in a few years

if you all listened to me every now & then you would know how I truly feel about him...I have said I don't know how many times I wished he was a Dolphin...!!!!
 

tehrick67

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 21, 2006
Messages
32,722
Reaction score
1,880
Points
113
Age
54
Whats going on here :huh: I couldn't wait to rub the Dallas game in your face......

Is this a kinder gentler D22??
 
OP
Dolphin22

Dolphin22

Master Assclown
Joined
Sep 21, 2006
Messages
11,517
Reaction score
88
Points
48
Age
62
I will also add after this week, although I have always agreed Brady has worked hard & gradually worked himself into a solid QB..( as I have said before, and its in this forum) is the 1st time I can agree that Brady is as good as Manning...I still give edge to manning because of his arm & his ability to run the offense...Brady has his offense called to him...& doesn't have the arm like Manning, but he is as good & as effective...

BUT!!!!...don't get me wrong, you all didn't see crap...you all wished he was as good as Manning, Palmer & Warners etc... He wasn't & the 1st 3-4 seasons he was a horrible downfield passer & couldn't hit a WR in the flat...he was no threat to any team...

But I credit as I have said even a year ago, he has built these weaknesses into a strength...and every single up & coming QB should be brought up in this league the exact same way...slowly...


Look at Eli Mannings as an example & other young unsuccesful QB's always forced to hit a homerun & they lose confidense from day 1...Brady never was forced to do that & gained his confodence through the success he did have & built off it...

We would have more solid QB's & more competitive games if other teams didn't force their rookie & young QB;s to win games instead of helping them just "Not" lose them...
 
OP
Dolphin22

Dolphin22

Master Assclown
Joined
Sep 21, 2006
Messages
11,517
Reaction score
88
Points
48
Age
62
Therick67* on 10-18-2007 at 04:10 PM said:
Whats going on here :huh: I couldn't wait to rub the Dallas game in your face......

Is this a kinder gentler D22??

Actually Therick...Im really not a bad guy...Yes I get out of hand & completely disagree with most all of you...I still feel like i havn't lost even 1 single argument in here...

We are all passionate about our teams & I am frustrated with alot of crap in the NFL...and I do blame Kraft and his great business savey & vision for the future, I just don't agree with the piggish greedy selfcentered ego he has to massage and the fact it's only his team beniting for this future change

I know he has a story to sell & he is selling it with the next "Unitas" - "Montanna" Era....and a Team of the Millenioum...just face it ...thats what every owner wants...its just that Kraft is able to deliver all the things necesary to make it a reality...

It's his NFL...He is soley responsable for negotiating $$ 50 Billion in all the Networks involved in the NFL...that lined everyones pockets those deals...favors are automatic...he ownes the Media and Marketing is the 1st step...

Has anyone noticed the backround for the last 3 years on the NFL Network set?.... And tell me why it hasn't changed...it's a big picture of Jack Lambert - Vince Lombardi - Tom Brady... wouldn't it make complete sence for Montanna to be on that or Unitas !!!

Brady has been aligned with NFL history already...and built as an Icon witch he is not & hasn't proved to be yet...but Bob Kraft negotiated that $4 Billion dollar deal whatever it was for that network...if this doesn't make you think, noth9ing you see with your own eyes will ever let you see the truth...
 

CleatMarks

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 22, 2006
Messages
7,952
Reaction score
324
Points
83
Location
Beverly, MA
Dolphin22 on 10-18-2007 at 04:20 PM said:
I will also add after this week, although I have always agreed Brady has worked hard & gradually worked himself into a solid QB..( as I have said before, and its in this forum) is the 1st time I can agree that Brady is as good as Manning...I still give edge to manning because of his arm & his ability to run the offense...Brady has his offense called to him...& doesn't have the arm like Manning, but he is as good & as effective...

BUT!!!!...don't get me wrong, you all didn't see crap...you all wished he was as good as Manning, Palmer & Warners etc... He wasn't & the 1st 3-4 seasons he was a horrible downfield passer & couldn't hit a WR in the flat...he was no threat to any team...

But I credit as I have said even a year ago, he has built these weaknesses into a strength...and every single up & coming QB should be brought up in this league the exact same way...slowly...



Not true about Manning calling his own offense. That's a rumor that even he dispels. He is given a choice of 2 running plays and 2 passing plays to call based on the grouping he has in on offense. What he does, is choose the play based on the defense he sees but it's out of those four and dictated by the defense. He says so himself.

In Brady's case, it's unknown as far as I know what options he has but he certainly has hot reads and audibles to chose from.

You're also wrong about not seeing Brady for what he would become and where he *might* be going. Even the late great Bill Walsh saw it Brady's first year.

Not comparing Brady to Montana in terms of stature but what marks Montana is not how good he was when he came into the league. It was how fast he progressed. What we saw was how fast Brady was progressing. Some guys come in polished and stay good. Marino and Manning are examples of that. Most fail or don't grow (hundreds of them). Brady's been one of those guys who (like Montana) has been accelerating his play. That's what many of us saw while everyone was declaring him a system QB. It's how quickly he analyzes his weaknesses and learns from his mistakes.

The thing is, I don't think he's peaked yet. He's always had enough arm to get the ball downfield. He did it with Branch when his number was called so that's just more nonsense.

Now, you can go on and on about how no one knew it but some of us did. It doesn't matter if he threw the ball 10 years or 100 yards, it's how he moves the ball with whatever means he needs to move it.
 
OP
Dolphin22

Dolphin22

Master Assclown
Joined
Sep 21, 2006
Messages
11,517
Reaction score
88
Points
48
Age
62
CleatMarks on 10-18-2007 at 04:57 PM said:
1] What he does, is choose the play based on the defense he sees but it's out of those four and dictated by the defense. He says so himself.

2] In Brady's case, it's unknown as far as I know what options he has but he certainly has hot reads and audibles to chose from.

3] You're also wrong about not seeing Brady for what he would become and where he *might* be going. Even the late great Bill Walsh saw it Brady's first year.


4]Now, you can go on and on about how no one knew it but some of us did. It doesn't matter if he threw the ball 10 years or 100 yards, it's how he moves the ball with whatever means he needs to move it.

1] So you completely agree with me...Manning runs the offense himself from the field like no one else since Marino has...and he has the complete authority & confidents from his coaches to change every play, unlike all other QB's of today including Brady

2] Brady gets the call from his Offensive coordinator...and Big deal...so Brady has audibles like the other 32 active QB's in the league...so!!!

3] No im not wrong... it took him 4 years to even be considered a QB with any threat downfield & you all know it...I actually saw some sick statistic in maybe 03 like he was 7 for 49 in passes over 10 yards or something...not sure but they showed it during a game & even said the worst passing % like 27% ??? ...the numbers may be off a little..I m not making this crap up

4] Everything in this statement is no differant then Palmer, Warner, Bulger etc...etc...etc...etc...lets not forget Brady averaged 9th in QB Rating in the league all 6 seasons he played...that doesn't add up to the best..does it
 

CleatMarks

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 22, 2006
Messages
7,952
Reaction score
324
Points
83
Location
Beverly, MA
Dolphin22 on 10-18-2007 at 05:18 PM said:
1] So you completely agree with me...Manning runs the offense himself from the field like no one else since Marino has...and he has the complete authority & confidents from his coaches to change every play, unlike all other QB's of today including Brady

2] Brady gets the call from his Offensive coordinator...and Big deal...so Brady has audibles like the other 32 active QB's in the league...so!!!

3] No im not wrong... it took him 4 years to even be considered a QB with any threat downfield & you all know it...I actually saw some sick statistic in maybe 03 like he was 7 for 49 in passes over 10 yards or something...not sure but they showed it during a game & even said the worst passing % like 27% ??? ...the numbers may be off a little..I m not making this crap up

4] Everything in this statement is no differant then Palmer, Warner, Bulger etc...etc...etc...etc...lets not forget Brady averaged 9th in QB Rating in the league all 6 seasons he played...that doesn't add up to the best..does it

1) if that's what you call running the offense

2) I said that we don't know what Brady does. The Pats don't say so. You're putting words in my mouth.

3) Who has he had? Branch? Sorry, the guy's a #2 at best and once they double him, who does Brady throw to? Who else could go deep?

4) Much different than all of them you mentioned. You just don't see it. You only see passing yards.

You think that he just turned it on and became what he's showing this year but that's not the case at all. You just don't get it. For instance, if your receivers can't get separation, you end up forcing the ball in situations that you wouldn't normally do. If your receiver runs a wrong route, the QB pays the price. Also, what you call "deep ball accuracy" has less to do with placing the ball as it does in your receiver getting separation.
 

O.Z.O.

rude and offensive
Joined
Aug 24, 2006
Messages
21,545
Reaction score
2,045
Points
113
Age
57
Location
Stocking the bunker
Dolphin22 on 10-18-2007 at 04:02 PM said:
There is no question in my mind that Tom Brady is the greatest QB to ever play the game ! I don't even care that he played against 5 of the worst defenses in the NFL in his 6 wins...

How can losers like Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, QB's like Warren Moon even speak of Tommy Terrific ?...they are so not worthy...There is no other QB in the History of the NFL that has 3 SB rings and didn't have 1 QB record...if thats not a great accomplishment & close to impossable ...what is....

asshole-

most consecutive games to start a season throwing for 3 or more TD passes- 6

highest completion percentage for first 100 passes thrown in a season- 79.2%

for you to continue saying he doesn't have a single record just shows how much of a biased idiot you are. Your thread is useless.
 
OP
Dolphin22

Dolphin22

Master Assclown
Joined
Sep 21, 2006
Messages
11,517
Reaction score
88
Points
48
Age
62
CleatMarks on 10-18-2007 at 09:04 PM said:
1) if that's what you call running the offense

2) I said that we don't know what Brady does. The Pats don't say so. You're putting words in my mouth.

3) Who has he had? Branch? Sorry, the guy's a #2 at best and once they double him, who does Brady throw to? Who else could go deep?

4) Much different than all of them you mentioned. You just don't see it. You only see passing yards.

You think that he just turned it on and became what he's showing this year but that's not the case at all. You just don't get it. For instance, if your receivers can't get separation, you end up forcing the ball in situations that you wouldn't normally do. If your receiver runs a wrong route, the QB pays the price. Also, what you call "deep ball accuracy" has less to do with placing the ball as it does in your receiver getting separation.

1] I would definately say Peyton controlling what the offense does from the field is running the offense...Brady getting the calls in his head set is not...its really that simple & everyone has audibles

2] Im saying i do know what Brady does as the rest of the world...the game plan is not controlled by him as Manning does control the game plan...jesus christ ...can anything be 2nd for these frauds ????

3] I love how you all throw Patriot players under the bus...nice !!! Troy Brown in 2001-02 was in top 6 WR's in receptions & yds with Givens as 2nd reciever...

Brady had D. Branch SB MVP & deep threat with David Givins #1 in NFL 1st down catches

And funny enough Caldwell & Gaffney were #2-#5 WR's in the 2006 playoffs for Brady who choked in the San Diego & Colts games...

What exactly don't you all get...these are not smucks, they have top of the league performance records...your arguments don't add up... just an excuse for Brady not having any records...

4] No i see the truth..I see Passing yards, TD passes, Comp% and QB ratings,,, pretty much cover the position...unlike "Ugly Wins" you all cherish ....Brady averages #9 in QB rating from 2001-2006...thats says it all...you can credit Brady for "Ugly W's'

I heard nothing but bullshit all last year because Branch & Givens was gone...What your saying is Brady threw the ball were Branch or Givens would have been & Gaffney & Calwell wern't there ??

Every QB throws the ball to the WR...its not that mathimatical as you all want to think...another talking point excuse for Brady...running good routes...so lets sihn Randy Moss who is problablt the worst in the NFL at it...he won't even go in traffic..he so afraid of getting hurt...watch what a pussy he is going down to avoid any hits...
 
OP
Dolphin22

Dolphin22

Master Assclown
Joined
Sep 21, 2006
Messages
11,517
Reaction score
88
Points
48
Age
62
Re: Re: The Greatest QB in the History of the NFL

PS* on 10-19-2007 at 10:02 AM said:
asshole-

most consecutive games to start a season throwing for 3 or more TD passes- 6

highest completion percentage for first 100 passes thrown in a season- 79.2%

for you to continue saying he doesn't have a single record just shows how much of a biased idiot you are. Your thread is useless.

You failed to mention he did it against the 32nd-31st-30th-28th-25th worst defenses in the NFL...and the opponants combined record 14-20

Who cares...3 TD's isn't hard especially when 13 of his TD passes weren't even 12 yards long
 

tehrick67

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 21, 2006
Messages
32,722
Reaction score
1,880
Points
113
Age
54
Re: Re: Re: The Greatest QB in the History of the NFL

Dolphin22 on 10-19-2007 at 12:04 PM said:
You failed to mention he did it against the 32nd-31st-30th-28th-25th worst defenses in the NFL...and the opponants combined record 14-20

Who cares...3 TD's isn't hard especially when 13 of his TD passes weren't even 12 yards long

if it's so easy why doesn't everyone do it???

It's usually easier to play pass defense on a short field as opossed to having 40, 50 or 60 yards of field behind you...
 

Brownfan80

On the F end.
Joined
Nov 2, 2006
Messages
10,407
Reaction score
285
Points
83
Location
Stuart, FL
Website
www.myspace.com
Re: Re: Re: The Greatest QB in the History of the NFL

Dolphin22 on 10-19-2007 at 12:04 PM said:
You failed to mention he did it against the 32nd-31st-30th-28th-25th worst defenses in the NFL...and the opponants combined record 14-20

Who cares...3 TD's isn't hard especially when 13 of his TD passes weren't even 12 yards long

If it "isn't that hard" then why didn't Marino (or Manning, or Elway, or Montana, etc etc etc) ever do it?

:huh:
 

tehrick67

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 21, 2006
Messages
32,722
Reaction score
1,880
Points
113
Age
54
Re: Re: Re: Re: The Greatest QB in the History of the NFL

Brownfan80 on 10-19-2007 at 12:13 PM said:
If it "isn't that hard" then why didn't Marino (or Manning, or Elway, or Montana, etc etc etc) ever do it?

:huh:

If Marino had it then it would be a 'worhty' record...
 

O.Z.O.

rude and offensive
Joined
Aug 24, 2006
Messages
21,545
Reaction score
2,045
Points
113
Age
57
Location
Stocking the bunker
Re: Re: Re: The Greatest QB in the History of the NFL

Dolphin22 on 10-19-2007 at 12:04 PM said:
You failed to mention he did it against the 32nd-31st-30th-28th-25th worst defenses in the NFL...and the opponants combined record 14-20

Who cares...3 TD's isn't hard especially when 13 of his TD passes weren't even 12 yards long

hey, skidmark,

you forgot to mention the defensive ranking of team #6 in that string, you know, the one he threw 5 against...but that's okay, I'll mention it for you...

#2 (and don't try anything stupid like saying they're ranked #11 now, they were ranked second going into that game). Also, like TheRick said, you obviously have no clue how much harder it is when the defense has a short field to work with.

You truly are a tool. It's pathetic to watch you try to wiggle away from the stupid shit you post when it blows up in your face. You act as if the teams the Pats play aren't also payed to play. My guess is that you've never played a sport and have no concept of how difficult it is to perform at the highest levels.

My offer of a face-to-face meet up still stands. Apparently, you don't live in FL (foolish me to not realize that you're just a pathetic bandwagon jumper from another state). I understand you live in RI. I live in MD- not that long a trip. If you have the balls, pick the time and the place and I'll be there- hell, I'll even be wearing a big sandwich board sign so there's no mistaking me.

You're a pathetic, ignorant, brainless, gutless sack of shit. NOTHING would make me happier then having the opportunity to straighten you out, but I know you'd rather hide in your mother's basement and look for articles from newspapers in Saskatoon then face up against another man (well, saying 'another' man implies that you actually ARE a man, so I guess that's a little inaccurate). Of course, being the homo that you are, you'd probably sprout wood and blow a load from getting your ass kicked.

Don't bother responding with something stupid. I know you're too damn scared to take me up on my offer, so just keep hiding and pumping out bile.
 
Top