The most impressive thing from last night

vertigho

Reaction score
How 'bout that OL play. WOW! I haven't seen Brady that well-protected since the '07/'08 season. And against a pretty strong front, too. If that can continue into the regular season, this team will be special.

A healthy Mankins and Connolly, helps. Solder seems to have shaken off the rust, and Devey is playing better than anyone thought. Cannon looked incredibly strong at RT, which gives us plenty of flexibility and versatility along the OL. Hopefully Vollmer can return soon.

0 sacks to one of the sack leaders last year.

Now, as long as we can keep Devey from breaking Tom's foot, we'll be good to go.

:coffee:

Now, as long as we can keep Devey from breaking Tom's foot, we'll be good to go.

:coffee:

In his postgame PC, Brady said that he didn't know whether it was an OL or DL's foot that tripped him up, but you can be sure he knew and was just avoiding an "are you upset at Devey?" followup.

Devey must have felt awful. Not an easy preseason for him with a high snap-count and switching positions to boot, nevermind tripping the Alpha QB.

He's not perfect, and there is a glut of young OLs on the roster, but he's been good enough to earn a job in most years, I'd say.

If you look at the rookies who have had a ton of snaps in the preseason it's hard to think of any that haven't made the team, because that seems to mean that Bill sees something in you, but I see only one of Devey, Kline and Halapio sticking around.

We'll see. It could come down to game 4, but I'm puzzled as to why Halapio hasn't gotten more reps. He looks a lot better than Cave or Barker, who, I believe, have more snaps and yet almost no shot of sticking to my eyes.

If it wasn't for Evil Roger tightening up the phony injuries to stash a guy then I'd think Bill is planning on Halapio coming down with a bad case of fractured earlobe.

I can't figure it out.

Back