The Most pathetic Dolphin excuses

Alco

Much Patriots
Reaction score
- We've been rebuilding for 40 years

If we had a #1 receiver.

If we didn't have 20 coaches in the last 10 years.

If we onky had someone on the Competition Committee..

- We don't have camera men working under the table for us

please_stop_dawsons_getting_upset.jpg

-We were undefeated in '72. Remember? Anybody? :shrug:

the whole sports world remembers that season and always will until a team is talented enough to do it again....

- We don't have camera men working under the table for us

Patriots With Camera - 3 SB rings in 4 years
Patriots W/o Camera - 0 SB Rings in 3 Years

Pretty funny hah Dawson...what a weird coincidence...lets all Do the math !!!

the whole sports world remembers that season and always will until a team is talented enough to do it again....

I dunno, I think that memory started fading once betamax went out of format.

Also, the fact that I hadn't even been born yet puts it in the same category as Christ being born and Dinosaurs roaming the earth. Other things that supposedly happened before I existed.

I dunno, I think that memory started fading once betamax went out of format.

Also, the fact that I hadn't even been born yet puts it in the same category as Christ being born and Dinosaurs roaming the earth. Other things that supposedly happened before I existed.

Maybe Im sure for all you fake fans that have only started watching 2001...lets see how the NFL Hall of Fame honors and documented the Miami Dolphins

Beside haveing the "Most winningess coach" in NFL History along with the "Most winningess Team" NFL History and the "Most winningess QB" in NFL History...and "The greatest & Only Undfeated Team in NFL history and all standing still today ...Don't think anyone of any importance or revelance could ever forget the "Best Ever"

http://www.profootballhof.com/history/stats/win-loss_records.aspx

"No pro football club in history ever advanced more quickly from the first-year dregs every expansion team faces to the ultimate achievement in its sport than the Miami Dolphins did in the six-year period between 1966 and 1972.... Six years later, Miami became the only National Football League team ever to record a perfect season."
http://www.profootballhof.com/history/team.aspx?FRANCHISE_ID=17

No a bunch of old me keep reminding everyone of that season. By the way I think it was the weakest schedule ever. Not sure if that record has been broken either.

They played a 14 game reg season idiot.

The pats and colts would of finished 14-0.

This is the year 2010.. we have 16 games.

I never seen the 72 fools play.. maybe because i wasnt born and dont care?

The '72 Dolphins did not play a team that finished with a record better than 8-6. Their leading receiver, Paul Warfield, caught 29 passes all season; that's a good half for Chad Johnson. And, frankly, they got lucky a couple of times against bad teams.

Naturally, as a rosy-cheeked youth, I bet against them every week.

Here are the hard and fast facts about those perfect Dolphins:

# They played only two teams with winning records. Their coach, Don Shula, was such a powerful figure at that time, I believe he was still making up the Dolphins schedule himself.

# They had a powerful Larry Csonka-Mercury Morris running game, helped, I believe, by the fact that the offensive line held on almost every play.

# More to the point, Shula was on the NFL's competition committee, and Rule No. 6, I believe, was: No penalties on the Dolphins.

# Two or three of their games, I believe, ended in ties, but the media counted them as Dolphins victories to keep the story of the winning streak alive.

Frankly, the '72 Dolphins couldn't even beat the '05 USC Trojans;

http://www.seattlepi.com/football/248187_chad14.html

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=super/rankings/1-20

I had no idea the 1972 Dolphins faced such an easy schedule.

How good were the '72 Dolphins?

14-0 during the regular season, the only undefeated team in NFL history. They finished with the #1 scoring offense, and the #1 scoring defense. The had two 1,000 yard rushers, Larry Csonka, and Mercury Morris, and this during a 14 game season when reaching 1,000 yards meant something.

The thing is, who did they play? They had the easiest schedule of any Super Bowl Champion. Their opponents combined for an amazingly bad .365% winning percentage...

_@ Chiefs.....(8-6)....W 20-10
vs Oilers.....(1-13)...W 34-13
_@ Vikings....(7-7)....W 16-14
_@ Jets.......(7-7)....W 27-17
vs Chargers...(4-9-1)..W 24-10
vs Bills......(4-9-1)..W 24-23
_@ Colts......(5-9)....W 23-0
_@ Bills......(4-9-1)..W 30-16
vs Patriots...(3-11)...W 52-0
vs Jets.......(7-7)....W 28-24
vs Cardinals..(4-9-1)..W 31-10
_@ Patriots...(3-11)...W 37-21
_@ Giants.....(8-6)....W 23-13
vs Colts......(5-9)....W 16-0

............(70-122-4) .365%

.365% To put that into perspective in 2006, the Cardinals had the NFL's easiest schedule at .461%

.365% in a 14 game schedule basically averages out to facing 14, 5-9 teams.

They only faced two teams who ended the season with a winning record. None of the teams they faced made the playoffs in 1972.

Eight of their 14 contests were against teams who won five or fewer games. They eked out a two point victory against a 7-7 Minnesota team on the road, and squeaked by with a one point win against a 4-9-1 Buffalo team at home.

They were a tough team though, any team that can average 211 yards a game on the ground is a force to be reckoned with. Both Csonka and Morris did average over five yards per carry that season. But their passing game suffered, Paul Warfield led the team with 29 receptions, and only two other players had more than 20 (Jim Kiick with 21 and Howard Twilley with 20).

Head Coach Don Shula must have really fired up his troops when they faced his old team the Colts, they shut them out both times 23-0 in week 7 and 16-0 in the season finale'.

Some comparrisons to 2006:

Their 1972 #1 offense (371.1 ypg) would have finished 4th in 2006.

Their 1972 #1 defense (255.5 ypg) would have finished 1st in 2006.

Their 1972 #1 scoring offense (27.5 pts per game) would have finished 2nd in 2006.

Their 1972 #1 scoring defense (12.2 pts per game) would have finished 1st in 2006.

However, in 2006, they would have been facing a much tougher schedule. They would have still faced the Jets, Bills, and Patriots twice, but having finished 1st in their division the previous year, they would have to face a 1st place schedule. Meaning instead of only facing two 8-6 teams, they would have to face four teams who finished atop their division the previous year.

Who knows, there may or may not ever be another undefeated season in the NFL, but if there is, it surely won't come as a direct result of having as big a cream-puff schedule as the 1972 Dolphins had.

http://forum.signonsandiego.com/archive/index.php/t-71532.html

Shula couldn't get Marino to stop shittin the bed in the post season..as good a coach as he was..

Back