The Next Coach

Big/Sky/Fly

370hssv vw6!s tu36v
Reaction score
It’s possible that BB either leaves or even gets let go.

Will Krafty reset the whole thing? Let go everyone on the coaching staff? If he lets go of BB, he should. Maybe keep Eliot Wolf as GM, but, that’s about it though.

GM is actually more on my mind with the likely high draft position and the need to rebuild team
coach is huge of course, but who restocks the team will huger(er)

GM is actually more on my mind with the likely high draft position and the need to rebuild team
coach is huge of course, but who restocks the team will huger(er)

Groh is the GM. He's done a good job.

It’s possible that BB either leaves or even gets let go.

Will Krafty reset the whole thing? Let go everyone on the coaching staff? If he lets go of BB, he should. Maybe keep Eliot Wolf as GM, but, that’s about it though.

These words from a 17 year member of the Patriots Way will be meaningful to Kraft.

Matthew Slater on Bill Belichick yesterday:

“I have as much faith in Coach Belichick as I’ve ever had. There's no reason to be doubting who he is as a leader and a coach for this football team. The struggles that we've had on the field this year are due to us and our inability to execute. It’s got nothing to do with Coach Belichick.”

These words from a 17 year member of the Patriots Way will be meaningful to Kraft.

“I have as much faith in Coach Belichick as I’ve ever had. There's no reason to be doubting who he is as a leader and a coach for this football team. The struggles that we've had on the field this year are due to us and our inability to execute. It’s got nothing to do with Coach Belichick.”
if we had more slaters player-leader wise we'd be a bit better off.
say what you will about bb but his refusal ever to badmouth one of his guys to the media is platinum.

if we had more slaters player-leader wise we'd be a bit better off.
say what you will about bb but his refusal ever to badmouth one of his guys to the media is platinum.
And this is what the haters never get. Bill gets loyalty not because he demands it or waves the big stick, but because he NEVER throws his players under the bus. When they win, he always says it's the players, they're the ones passing, catching, kicking, tackling etc and when they lose, he takes all the blame onto himself saying he didn't prepare the team properly.

Does anyone think players don't hear that?

To be fair, we really don’t know anything about Groh other than him being just another “yes man” to BB, who has the final say. I think that, if we were to clean house, Groh would have to go as well.

About 10 days ago BB gave an interview in which he said, paraphrasing, he hasn't acted in the GM position in years and that it's difficult enough being the HC. Being both HC and GM would be impossible for 1 person in today's NFL. I looked for it but can't find it. Maybe someone else can find the interview.

About 10 days ago BB gave an interview in which he said, paraphrasing, he hasn't acted in the GM position in years and that it's difficult enough being the HC. Being both HC and GM would be impossible for 1 person in today's NFL. I looked for it but can't find it. Maybe someone else can find the interview.

I don't have it but yes, he did in fact say that alluding to someone else handling the GM duties. However, I assume that's pure disinformation because he makes all the final decisions.

here ya go..........
[...] “There’s no way I could possibly do that,” Belichick said Monday. “Coaching is a full-time job. Personnel’s a full-time job. At some point, that can merge together and be on the same page and figure out what’s best for the team. But you can’t be a full-time personnel person and be a full-time coach. It’s impossible.” [...]
Link To Full Interview

that will be $10.00, TY :)

I don't have it but yes, he did in fact say that alluding to someone else handling the GM duties. However, I assume that's pure disinformation because he makes all the final decisions.
i'd say he makes all the decisions in the sense of who he hires for sure. and of course,the staff structure is 100٪ on him imo. i honestly believe this is the biggest problem with this team:the coaching/staffing drain over the years with no suitable/experienced replacements.

Really odd that he picked the midst of the worst part of a two-year skid to finally admit that, wouldn’t you agree? He seemed more than happy to let everyone think the Buck stopped with him as the GM when we were winning Super Bowls.

As for Groh? Meh. 2022 draft was nothing to write home about (with Strange being a hallmark BB pick) and it’s too early to tell with 2023, but it looks slightly better so far. Gonzo’s loss was huge on D. White could be a little more disruptive. Looks like he found a future fan favorite in Pop. I guess it’s up to the team to evaluate him if they part ways this offseason but, as an outsider? I wouldn’t be all that upset if they removed him as the GM were Bill to go.

I hope that BB stays and rights this ship…it would be ideal.

Back