The NFC Central Detroit Patriots ...

Pape

Reaction score
are signing all the "Patriot-Type" players, albeit to non-Patriot like contracts...

• wr Danny Amendola
  • te Jesse James
  • de Trey Flowers
  • cb Justin Coleman

Looks like Matt is trying to put his stamp on this team... new coaches, new players... letting guys like Ansah loose, bringing in guys who "know the drill"... think it will work?

On top of the moves in soon to be free agency, the Lions have been locking up some of their younger talent... signing some restricted free agents, keeping some key depth on the team...

One of these days a Belichick Coaching Protege will do well with another team... are the seeds being planted in Detroit? Or will he just crash and burn like all the rest?

The real truth is they could transfer the entire Patriots team to Detroit under Patricia and they still wouldn't be successful.

it's all about Bill.

The real truth is they could transfer the entire Patriots team to Detroit under Patricia and they still wouldn't be successful.

it's all about Bill.
Ain't gonna disagree. Brady & Belichick - the perfect football storm

You would think that after all these years the rest of the NFL would realize that sinking big $$ into a couple of FAs is not the formula for success. Getting guys on the cheap and coaching them up has been BB's hallmark. I liked Brown and Flowers, but not at the $$ offered. It's so much smarter to spread the cap around so you have depth...

You would think that after all these years the rest of the NFL would realize that sinking big $$ into a couple of FAs is not the formula for success. Getting guys on the cheap and coaching them up has been BB's hallmark. I liked Brown and Flowers, but not at the $$ offered. It's so much smarter to spread the cap around so you have depth...

Exactly. Bill pays practice players more than any other team, he spreads the money around to make sure there's enough quality in every position and that he has a group of smart, teachable players and then he coaches them up to do their particular job.

It's miraculous really what he's able to do year after year. Players leave and this year a plethora of coaches have gone as well. That would sink any other team.

This guy doesn't get it.

12252838.jpg

I'm astounded at Flowers' new contract.

Tom Pelissero‏Verified account @TomPelissero
The <s>#</s>Lions are giving Trey Flowers a five-year, $90 million contract that includes $56M in guarantees, source said. $40M at signing. <s>#</s>Patriots weren't going there. Big deal for Detroit's new big edge presence.

This is crazy money being thrown around here. Pats weren't going close to that. Happy for him and I'm glad he's out of the AFC. Thanks for everything!

I'm astounded at Flowers' new contract.

Tom Pelissero‏Verified account @TomPelissero
The <s>#</s>Lions are giving Trey Flowers a five-year, $90 million contract that includes $56M in guarantees, source said. $40M at signing. <s>#</s>Patriots weren't going there. Big deal for Detroit's new big edge presence.

This is crazy money being thrown around here. Pats weren't going close to that. Happy for him and I'm glad he's out of the AFC. Thanks for everything!

I mean the guy was pretty darn good and all and wished we could’ve kept him but by no means is he Khalil Mack or von Miller good! And to be honest with Patricia in my opinion didn’t even use him that well when he was DC here, he would actually drop him into coverage for crying out loud!

Back