The Official Real Life Happens PP Member Support Thread

I wasn't going to post this picture but then I noticed that RG posted a picture of an "American Flag" up above and that was okay so...:ROFLMAO:

This is my axe wound (as the wife calls it). It really is healing well. The gray-ish dot up high on my chest is the chemo port. They want you to keep it in for 18 months. The two "dashes" below are where 2 of the 3 drainage tubes were for 4 days post surgery. I will let you figure out where the 3rd "drainage" tube was and no I don't have a picture of that one, LOL.

The seat belt cushions arrive today (4 of them for $8.99 from Amazon, man are we gonna miss cheap Chinese shit someday) and the weather is going to be 65° and sunny. I will be tooling around the county later today- top down and stocking hat on. Maybe stop by PXG and look around...

View attachment 26660
Good. I won't post mine since it looks just like yours, only older. :coffee:

Cheers, :toast:

I wasn't going to post this picture but then I noticed that RG posted a picture of an "American Flag" up above and that was okay so...:ROFLMAO:

This is my axe wound (as the wife calls it). It really is healing well. The gray-ish dot up high on my chest is the chemo port. They want you to keep it in for 18 months. The two "dashes" below are where 2 of the 3 drainage tubes were for 4 days post surgery. I will let you figure out where the 3rd "drainage" tube was and no I don't have a picture of that one, LOL.

The seat belt cushions arrive today (4 of them for $8.99 from Amazon, man are we gonna miss cheap Chinese shit someday) and the weather is going to be 65° and sunny. I will be tooling around the county later today- top down and stocking hat on. Maybe stop by PXG and look around...

View attachment 26660
Wow, that's healed amazingly well. You clearly had a great medical team and your body must be in very good nick if you're healing like that.

Wow, that's healed amazingly well. You clearly had a great medical team and your body must be in very good nick if you're healing like that.

Somewhat new way of closing the wound as I described above. Yeah, it seems to work well. Body in very good nick? I don't know about that. I had been working hard to get in shape for a few years prior to the port-a-john falling into the windmill so maybe that helped.

Cardiology meeting tomorrow morning. I have a few questions I would like answered. They never come up until the drive home no matter how many notes I prepare in advance so I will be driving this meeting. I have questions!

All of this heart talk prompted me to set up an appointment to have a screening done. My Dad and Grandpa both had multiple heart attacks so I figured I was at the age (47) where I should get checked out. Our insurance company sent us a flyer offering a discount so I figured what the hell.

So my favorite aunt had bypass surgery yesterday and we’ve been worried about her regarding her recovery and we’ve beenwaiting for an update. So my cousin, send us picture of her with both of her middle fingers extended. He then wrote I think she’s going to make it. :rofl: ❤️

All of this heart talk prompted me to set up an appointment to have a screening done. My Dad and Grandpa both had multiple heart attacks so I figured I was at the age (47) where I should get checked out. Our insurance company sent us a flyer offering a discount so I figured what the hell.
Great idea. Since my STEMI last December, scores of work colleagues and friends have gotten checked; My missus is even going for a Coronary Angiogram next month. Catch this early, and you'll stave off a significant amount of issues and loads of pills you'll be on for life.

I cheerily found out because I had the heart attack, 10% of my life expectancy has been shaved off. Yaay!

Back