This cant just be..

Prometheus 441

Reaction score
Have I steeped into some type of alternate reality ?.The moves the Pats have been making ,just make me cringe.Hey,we are great but this is getting just a bit nerve racking.Law,Brown and Andruzzi are walking off into the sunset.Teddy may not play again and we are with out Crenell and Weiss.I dont know if Billy boy has lost his marbles,developed a God complex or is just the smartest bastard to ever walk a sideline.I understand that you have restructure at some point,but we were'nt in a postion to do it all once.

How do we fair if Willie or Ted Johnsom decide that it is time to head out to pasture ?.All I can say is that the head office had better be taking classes on kissing Bradys a$$,cause that would be the fatal blow.I dont see how we adapt to the all these changes and have a repeat season,but if BB pulls it off,I will proclaim him God and build a church in which to whorship him from.

Whoa, slow down. It's March 2nd. The recipe for next years team has just begun to take shape. We must develop thick skin like the Pats front office.
Fans react on emotion, Pioli and BB react by necessity. We must adopt that attitude and be surprised at NOTHING and wait to see how this recipe turns out.
After all, they've been thinking about and buying the groceries for 2, maybe 3 years now.

Patience.

Prometheus441 said:
Have I steeped into some type of alternate reality ?.The moves the Pats have been making ,just make me cringe.Hey,we are great but this is getting just a bit nerve racking.Law,Brown and Andruzzi are walking off into the sunset.Teddy may not play again and we are with out Crenell and Weiss.I dont know if Billy boy has lost his marbles,developed a God complex or is just the smartest bastard to ever walk a sideline.I understand that you have restructure at some point,but we were'nt in a postion to do it all once.

How do we fair if Willie or Ted Johnsom decide that it is time to head out to pasture ?.All I can say is that the head office had better be taking classes on kissing Bradys a$$,cause that would be the fatal blow.I dont see how we adapt to the all these changes and have a repeat season,but if BB pulls it off,I will proclaim him God and build a church in which to whorship him from.
Relax! The superbowl is not won on the first day of free agency. We started free agency last year by basically saying goodbye to TW, B. Hamilton and D. Woody. Not exactly slouches in the time they played for us. Would you agree that that offseason turned out pretty damn well?

I hear ya Prometheus! I'm having a hard time believing all that's happened of late. Some change is good but it seems that we're a little heavy handed in that area right now. Talk about a huge turnover.

I find it especially hard since I'm a sensitive type and get "attached". It's one of the downsides of getting to know some of players and families... it's hard to think of them just as players, rather as fathers, brothers, and husbands.

We're lucky the fans and media don't run this team. If they did, we'd probably still have Bledsoe as the QB and be paying out 50% of the cap to Law, Milloy, and Troy Brown. Sure, we'd be 5-11 every year, but at least we'd all still have our binkies.

Man, step back from the ledge.

Let's look at this rationally....

Law - Very good player, no doubt, but too expensive to keep and the Pats got to and won a SB without him, proving he's not a definite need.

Brown - Great guy. Ultimate team player. But an aging WR, who would have more than likely been the #4 had he played strictly offense this past season. Did he help the D? Yes, but he's not exactly Ty Law. And if Law can be replaced then Brown definitely can.

Andruzzi - Another great guy. Part of a decent OL, but nothing spectacular. A guy that can be replaced by a good G in the draft.

Phifer - Good guy, good player. Also a very aging player.

So what have the Pats really lost????

The Pats draft a top-notch CB in the draft, which there will be plenty of in the 1st round. Or hey, maybe they move Geno back to C. :shrug: Who knows. Either way, the secondary is not in shambles because of the losses of either Law or Brown. In fact, there's a whole heck of a lot of cap room now that they're gone, which will only assist the Pats in bringing in other players.

At WR- Even if the Pats lose both Brown and Patten, this is a pretty decent draft for WRs - deep. Sure, you're not going to get a stud in the 3rd round (although you never know.. Givens was a 7th rounder) but in losing Brown and Patten, you're not losing a stud either. You're losing a #3 and #4. Those can be replaced.

Plenty of Gs in the draft. Sorry but Andruzzi is more than replaceable.

There is still a heck of a lot of veteran presence on this team. Now the Pats have some money to work with. This team will only get better. At worst it stays the same.

So, no BB is not "God". He's a business minded coach who puts more stock in dollar signs and production then he does sentiment.

So, really, step back from the ledge.... The Pats are going to be just fine.

StarKleck said:
We're lucky the fans and media don't run this team. If they did, we'd probably still have Bledsoe as the QB and be paying out %50 of the cap to Law, Milloy, and Troy Brown. Sure, we'd be 5-11 every year, but at least we'd all still have our binkies.
Amen Brother. You could set the clock to these reactions.

mgoblue101415 said:
Man, step back from the ledge.

Let's look at this rationally....

Law - Very good player, no doubt, but too expensive to keep and the Pats got to and won a SB without him, proving he's not a definite need.

Brown - Great guy. Ultimate team player. But an aging WR, who would have more than likely been the #4 had he played strictly offense this past season. Did he help the D? Yes, but he's not exactly Ty Law. And if Law can be replaced then Brown definitely can.

Andruzzi - Another great guy. Part of a decent OL, but nothing spectacular. A guy that can be replaced by a good G in the draft.

Phifer - Good guy, good player. Also a very aging player.

So what have the Pats really lost????

The Pats draft a top-notch CB in the draft, which there will be plenty of in the 1st round. Or hey, maybe they move Geno back to C. :shrug: Who knows. Either way, the secondary is not in shambles because of the losses of either Law or Brown. In fact, there's a whole heck of a lot of cap room now that they're gone, which will only assist the Pats in bringing in other players.

At WR- Even if the Pats lose both Brown and Patten, this is a pretty decent draft for WRs - deep. Sure, you're not going to get a stud in the 3rd round (although you never know.. Givens was a 7th rounder) but in losing Brown and Patten, you're not losing a stud either. You're losing a #3 and #4. Those can be replaced.

Plenty of Gs in the draft. Sorry but Andruzzi is more than replaceable.

There is still a heck of a lot of veteran presence on this team. Now the Pats have some money to work with. This team will only get better. At worst it stays the same.

So, no BB is not "God". He's a business minded coach who puts more stock in dollar signs and production then he does sentiment.

So, really, step back from the ledge.... The Pats are going to be just fine.

Agreed MGO,
The Pats will be a monster...again.

Belichick is all ready a God... and I all ready worship him.

I'm sure Belichick (and company) knows what he's doing. Hey, I love Troy and Roman and Andruzzi as much as anyone, but losing them is not the end of the world. All were getting long in the tooth. Law will be a loss, but he was aging, hurt and expensive... Not a good combonation.

The Pats will find a way to make up for these losses, and will compete next year with or without Tedy Bruschi.

Taking all of my "fan-itude" out of the equation for a moment, I don't think they would have won the Championship again next year even if they hadn't lost anybody. Its just the law of averages. While I'd be rooting for them to win it all, I'd also know how damn hard it is to win 4 championships in 5 years. Could the Pats do it? Absolutely. But conventional wisdom says no.

But as a fan I absolutely feel that Belichick will come back strong for next season. If we stay healthy.. .Anything's possible. :)

I still have faith in my team and their ability to win ballgames... I'm just feelin meloncholy... it all started with Tedy... you know me, I'm still not over that!

I do fully trust BB and Pioli and will support the Pats no matter what (but like I said, it's part of the downfall of getting to know the guys personally...)

bruschifan1 said:
I still have faith in my team and their ability to win ballgames... I'm just feelin meloncholy... it all started with Tedy... you know me, I'm still not over that!

I do fully trust BB and Pioli and will support the Pats no matter what (but like I said, it's part of the downfall of getting to know the guys personally...)

Agreed, Bruschifan... Its tough, but I think we'll start feeling better once we realize that these moves will bring us more championships in the future.

Thats how I'm surviving it at least. ;)

Change is good.

How much time do you spend wishing we had Milloy, Bledslow, Woody, Spires, Otis (My Man), Washington etc.?

The NFL Draft is Sat/Sun April 23rd/24th.

In Bill We Trust

I know some unforeseen things have already happened this offseason, but just remember we have the best coach and front office running this ship. They won't let this team fall apart by any means.

These threads are gettin friggin old. PEOPLE we let go of friggin aging players! Have we forgotten what this team is about? Using head over heart? The Pats have a **** load of cap space to replace the guy they tossed. The ONLY guy that we can lose that will surely hurt us is Bruschi.

The ONLY guy that we can lose that will surely hurt us is Bruschi.

This is true and the reason why is because he is the most difficult person on the list to replace from a football perspective. With guys like Brown and Andruzzi, you lose a little bit of leadership but there are still plenty of leaders on this team. But from a football perspective, all of these guys have been out of the lineup due to injury at some point over the past few years and other guys have stepped up and the team for the most part did not suffer.

There's a sentimental feeling from the fans towards all of these guys that have contributed to this awesome run the Pats have been on. But what's great about BB IMO is that he has the ability to separate personal feelings from business. As cold as it might seem to some of us, it's really the only way to keep a team in this day and age of the NFL playing at a very high level.

And I'm still not convinced that all of these guys are going to be gone once camp starts this summer. Some of these guys will surely be welcomed back if they are willing to take a little less money. They only have to look at Milloy's situation.......for a little more money, he's got two less rings and hasn't seen a playoff game other than on TV since the Pats won the SB in 2001.

Apparently Belichick's going to throw big money and a valuable 3rd pick at a 30-year old CB who has suffered major injuries each of his last 3 seasons. It's hard to call that "progress".

lobster said:
Apparently Belichick's going to throw big money and a valuable 3rd pick at a 30-year old CB who has suffered major injuries each of his last 3 seasons. It's hard to call that "progress".

ok ron borges, I'm sure you said the same thing about cory Dillon, Rodney Harrion and bryan Cox. never happy with any of the draft picks. complaining all the way to the superbowl. Then being amazed they won it without your help. if i have to choose between your definition of progress and belichick's, I'll take belichicks. its a good thing he's running this team and not you. go route for the dolphins

BB and Pioli have earned our trust. It doesn't mean they're going to hit 100% of the time. But they have a little more knowledge than anyone here.

I've come to think of this team a little bit like a college team. Many players will only be here 4-5 years before its time for them to move on. That's the reality of today's NFL.

The fans that are crying about Troy and others would be the same ones to lambast management if the team takes a step back because of salary cap problems.

The teams that are sentimental are the ones that are at best average. The cap does not allow any team the luxury of rewarding past glory without sacrificing something for the present and future.

Back